Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

"FLASH MEET" around Northern California

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-06, 11:57 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "FLASH MEET" around Northern California

Yo guys!
While my wife was telling me about her colleage joined some dog & owner flash meet in a local park... I wonder if there is any Lexus club locally in San Francisco Bay Area want to do this also.

I thing I am out of my mind, but this should be COOL!

Once a while, I see 300/350Z and MR2, accura teams driving through mall area.... I have no idea what they were doing, but I wish I can be a part of it if I have one of the car join them just for a flash meet.

Any feedback is welcome!
Old 04-30-06, 12:09 AM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

There is a local Norcal CL group the holds meets periodically. In fact we held a dyno day last weekend.

Check the norcal forum:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/northern-california-lexus-club-138/

In fact there was a non CL meet that was held today by a previous club lexus sponsor. Check the norcal forum periodically as we have several meets in the planning stages, that will be held throughout the summer.
Old 04-30-06, 12:42 AM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BC-GS430
There is a local Norcal CL group the holds meets periodically. In fact we held a dyno day last weekend.

Check the norcal forum:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=138

In fact there was a non CL meet that was held today by a previous club lexus sponsor. Check the norcal forum periodically as we have several meets in the planning stages, that will be held throughout the summer.
Thanks for the feedback.

I think Norcal activities are a bit too hardcore for me and my wife.
Remember the event that people gatherd in a toy store in New York and make fun(worship) with the dinosaur for a few minutes.....? That was fun!!!

I think slamming on the peddles is not what I am looking for. I will be there to see Norcal group's events but definitely not joining any compitition. Sorry... that just not my way of taking care on a cool car.
Old 05-01-06, 10:56 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by josephdoc
Thanks for the feedback.

I think Norcal activities are a bit too hardcore for me and my wife.
Remember the event that people gatherd in a toy store in New York and make fun(worship) with the dinosaur for a few minutes.....? That was fun!!!

I think slamming on the peddles is not what I am looking for. I will be there to see Norcal group's events but definitely not joining any compitition. Sorry... that just not my way of taking care on a cool car.

Depending on ur location, there are always dinner, coffee, tapioca, go kart, Valley Fair, etc meets. Seriously, this NorCal Lexus group is very active. The Dyno meet was less competition and more research for a select few members.

I recommend coming to our next event just to meet the local Lexus enthusiasts like urself. Then you can decided if you click with any of us. Many of us are also married with kids, etc. So dont blow off any opportunities to meet cool ppl that share same tastes or drive same cars.

-s-
Old 05-02-06, 12:38 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The events are all different. The first Beginning of Summer meet was at a park in the Sacramento area. We had a BBQ, hung out, went check out the lake, ... That meet was more about people and not cars (although it cannot be completely non-car since it is a car enthusiast meet after all).
Old 05-02-06, 09:49 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yo guys!
While my wife was telling me about her colleage joined some dog & owner flash meet in a local park... I wonder if there is any Lexus club locally in San Francisco Bay Area want to do this also.

I thing I am out of my mind, but this should be COOL!

Once a while, I see 300/350Z and MR2, accura teams driving through mall area.... I have no idea what they were doing, but I wish I can be a part of it if I have one of the car join them just for a flash meet.

Any feedback is welcome!

As folk have said there are different meets with different activities. We don't do the same old thing every time and yes many meets are family friendly. I think someone brings kids or even pets at every meet we have.

Once you get to know your locals, you will find out that we have a lot of mini meets with the locals that don't get posted on these forums. But unless you get to know people on the larger meets, you'll never find out about those.

Not every meet is for everyone, but we try to have something that interests a good segment of the members. I'll bet a several of us are older than you and have more kids, etc.

We are open to suggestion on any new activities you can think of, we can run with the idea or you can actually organize a meet yourself.

Let us know what you'd like to do.

Take a look at the 2006 meet schedule thread as there are suggestions on when and when not to hold meets.
Old 05-02-06, 11:43 PM
chubbymike
Driver

Default Ideas for meets

Hi guys, I'm also a new member. but I joined back in November 05 ever since I first fell in love with the IS 350. Anyways, I also own a 95 M3 and is still involved in the BMW CCA. The have a local chapter and the events they do is once a month, they do autocross down in Monterey. I went to a few of those and that was fun.
Another one is high performance driving school...now these are a little more hardcore, hands on activities.
there are also meet (meet and greet?) and also a few sunday/weekend drives. in fact they're planning one to sonoma/napa. they would pass out maps/directions of the roads that are planned and do some fun drives that would last a few hours.
I went on a informal sunday afternoon drive where 5 cars (includinga 60+ year old grandmother) drove along the backroads of santa cruz area for a few hours just to enjoy the roads and the nice weather.
so if you guys want to get some ideas, bmw cca golden gate chapter's website has some good ideas (i think)...don't have the website address on hand, but you can just search it on the internet.

ok, hope this helps.
-chubbymikey

IS 350 Tungsten Pearl w/ Black
Navi
Sports Pkg
Rear spoiler
Clear Bra (by Premier)
Old 05-03-06, 05:38 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by chubbymike
Hi guys, I'm also a new member. but I joined back in November 05 ever since I first fell in love with the IS 350. Anyways, I also own a 95 M3 and is still involved in the BMW CCA. The have a local chapter and the events they do is once a month, they do autocross down in Monterey. I went to a few of those and that was fun.
Another one is high performance driving school...now these are a little more hardcore, hands on activities.
there are also meet (meet and greet?) and also a few sunday/weekend drives. in fact they're planning one to sonoma/napa. they would pass out maps/directions of the roads that are planned and do some fun drives that would last a few hours.
I went on a informal sunday afternoon drive where 5 cars (includinga 60+ year old grandmother) drove along the backroads of santa cruz area for a few hours just to enjoy the roads and the nice weather.
so if you guys want to get some ideas, bmw cca golden gate chapter's website has some good ideas (i think)...don't have the website address on hand, but you can just search it on the internet.

ok, hope this helps.
-chubbymikey

IS 350 Tungsten Pearl w/ Black
Navi
Sports Pkg
Rear spoiler
Clear Bra (by Premier)

Thanks for the suggestions.

If you check our meet history we have cruised, to LA several times, Santa Cruz, SF /GoldenGate and recently Napa Wine country.

We do have a Lexus Performance Driving school that takes us 135 MPH on a high speed oval as well as an autocross competiton, a road course session, a skid pad ,plus a hot lap ride in a Lexus race car. All the teachers were well known Pro racing vets.

I went to the school last year of which I un-officially broke the auto-cross lap record. (practice lap)

If you check our 2006 meet schedule, you will see I have an announcement for Duel at De Anza autocross coming this month.

We will also be drag racing our cars this month ( see the thread announcement).

The first big meet of the year will be BOS 3 in June, which includes a Karting competition against 10 other car clubs. The top two drivers from each club will shoot it out at LeMans Karting and take home bragging rights and a trophy.

On a side note, I am going to this weekend's Rolex Race at Laguna Seca and am ordering tickets along with other local members for the San Jose Grand Prix.

So you see we have been doing all these events and more going on 5 years now.

You've been a member for 6 mo. but where have you been hiding?

Check the meet schedule and hope to see you at a meet soon.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 05-03-06 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-03-06, 09:24 AM
chubbymike
Driver

Hey RMMGS4,
although I've been a member for 6 months, I didn't get my first Lexus until 3 weeks ago. I usually just go to the 2IS forum and daydream about when I will get my IS. And sorry, but I didn't really do any research on what you guys have done. It sounds cool though. I didn't really discover this norcal forum until about 3 weeks ago...you know, didn't really scroll down to see what other forums are there...I usually just go straight to the 2IS forum. I will try to make it out if my schedule works out. ...

plus i'm shy
Old 05-03-06, 11:15 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by chubbymike
Hey RMMGS4,
although I've been a member for 6 months, I didn't get my first Lexus until 3 weeks ago. I usually just go to the 2IS forum and daydream about when I will get my IS. And sorry, but I didn't really do any research on what you guys have done. It sounds cool though. I didn't really discover this norcal forum until about 3 weeks ago...you know, didn't really scroll down to see what other forums are there...I usually just go straight to the 2IS forum. I will try to make it out if my schedule works out. ...

plus i'm shy

Hey Mike.

No apology needed and don't be shy. We are easy to warm up to.

Your missing our NorCal forum is a common problem for us. That is not your fault, but a challenge for local members to find us as we feel it is in your best interest to know we have one of the most active groups in the country with a wealth of information and help that we can provide, especially with locally related topics.

The biggest problem is that the 2IS guys can get in the habit of checking only their forum. That's an easy trap to fall into. There are several well known members across the boards that we all come to know. Browse around , there are other sections you may find of interest. Posting elsewhere will draw you into the CL community as we know it.

Only then do people realize what a big family we are. You will also gather that by attending our meets.

I'm going to work on getting 2IS and 3GS attention for those members who are in the NorCal region. Stay Tuned to see how I accomplish that.

Hope to see you soon.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 05-03-06 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-03-06, 08:24 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Pardon my ignorance, but i've organized several large scale meets for ClubLexus for several years now(many with RMMGS4).What in the hell is a "flash" meet?
Old 05-03-06, 10:37 PM
bb6lude
Rookie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_mob

ricky

Originally Posted by flipside909
Pardon my ignorance, but i've organized several large scale meets for ClubLexus for several years now(many with RMMGS4).What in the hell is a "flash" meet?
Old 05-04-06, 10:08 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh, so now I understand what "Flash" meant which kind of correlates to what I was thinking earlier when I first saw this thread.

Why don't we "mob" together at a public place, remove our clothes off in our cars, get out and FLASH, get back in our cars and roll to another locale.

No pun intended regarding the word "FLASH" but that's what I thinking at the time.

"Flash" can take on many deviations of meaning and categories. Although, I did flash in public once but that's another story. And it kind was a "flash meet" per say, i just didn't know anyone there but I felt like I belong to something, a club of that nature. hehehehe...

Personally, since I've been w/ CL for 3 years now, our meets are well-organized w/ the utmost respect for other public domains in order to avoid such social conflict or argumental engagement from other entities. They range from many different activities from technical on-site seminars at distinguished auto customization shops, national speedway/car show events in the Bay Area, local family entertainment centers and many many more. The venues are carefully researched and contacted prior to posting the scheduled information. Our goal is to provide a recreational, friendly and joyful atmosphere for everyone to enjoy in their spare time and working around other people's schedule to accomadate and associate themselves which we all have in common, a love for cars. The scope of CL takes individuals beyond their assocation, it takes them to other events for a chance to show off their hard work, dedication and commitment to achieving awards and other prizes at local to national and possibly international car shows/events. This place offers information, knowledge, current events, wisdom, integrity, respect, a feeling of belonging to another family (other than your first) and overall good clean fun.Not everyone will like the same thing, but there's enough here to at least provide something for someone who's looking for that particular thing.
Plus, whatever everyone said from up top.

Last edited by martini3; 05-04-06 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-05-06, 10:43 AM
RMMGS4

I think slamming on the peddles is not what I am looking for. Sorry... that just not my way of taking care on a cool car.
Don't know if you understood what our dyno was all about.

You know this test is a similar dyno as what your car is tested on every time you get your car smogged. We just measured HP/TQ to see how modifications improve performance.
We're not hurting our cars bynot "taking care", we all love our cars.