Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Upcoming Meets for 2006

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-06, 02:32 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Upcoming Meets for 2006

Please check back here often as I will use this thread to update future planned acivities for the balance of the 2006 season. If people have suggestions for meets or would like me to assist them in setting up a meet, please PM me.

For those holding their own Mini- meets, you are welcome to organize and announce those on your own. The one thing I ask is that you consider the meet schedule I have published so that we don't have meets too close to each other, such as within the same 2 weekends. Having meets too close to each other usually impacts the attendance of both meets as people rarely commit to activities 2 weeks in a row and on the larger meets, people are usually prepping to show or unveil new items on their cars, so they are usually busy 2, 3 sometimes 4 weeks before the bigger events.

Our EOS meet held at the end of September is an example of a timeframe where it is strongly suggested not to announce other meets during the entire month of September.

One more word of advice for those independently announcing meets, be sure to not select dates that are possibly, mid-term, grad nite, holiday, mothers day, or days where other major sporting event weekends (D1, SEMA, HIN, etc.) would conflict.

I will use this thread for any general questions or discussions or suggestions about meets that people may have. The formal announcement of meets will be through announcements posted on new threads.

Any questions, etc. please post here.

Thanks !

Last edited by RMMGS4; 03-16-06 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-15-06, 02:41 PM
RMMGS4

Default Meet schedule for 2006 - Updated regularly

The meet schedule on this POST is Updated Regularly, Check back often

No Excuses to miss another meet folks ! You have advance notice right here.

Keep these dates open !

3rd Annual NorCal Cruise
- Napa Wine Country - Saturday , March 11(Rapid Rewards Points Event)

Dyno Day - www.DynoSpotRacing.com - Confirmed Saturday, April 22
Limited openings - Deposit required (Rapid Rewards Points Event)

Premier Mobile Exotic Car show and all comers meet. April 29

All SC430 Meet -- San Luis Obispo -- April 28- 29
Go here for details: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=207741

Wednesday Night Drag Races
- May 24 or 30, See the Poll I posted and vote. (Rapid Rewards Points Event, Spectators included)

“The Duel at De Anza” Autocross
on Sunday, May 14: Cars driven in the 2004 autocross will be eligible to participate in this year’s event to be held from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in Parking Lot B. It is free for spectators. Call (408) 864-8527.

May 13: Toyotafest at the Queen Mary in Long Beach
www.ToyotaClub.org
Lexus also invited. Many CL members already signed up. Advannced registration required. Space is limited to 300 cars.

May 20 : Grand Re-Opening of Exact Motorsports Customer Party (Rapid Rewards Event)
NEW LOCATION
907 Hanson Ct.
Milpitas, CA 95035

June Meet - 3rd Annual BOS - Beginning of Summer Meet - Saturday, June 17 - Confirmed (Double Rapid Rewards Points Event, Must sign in at both venues below for double points.)

Part One held at Custom Alignment, Mountain View, 10am to NOON
Part Two held at LeMans Karting, Fremont, NOON to 5pm

July 30- Champ Car World Series
, Open Wheel Champ Car Race in the streeets of San Jose

August 27 - Rolex Sports car series
, Infineon Raceway. Possible arrangements for VIP Privelidges. See the Chip Ganassi Lexus Cars Race

September Meet - EOS FIVE - The 5th Annual- End of Summer Meet - Sunday, Sept 24

Cash in your rapid rewards earned throughout the year at EOS.

October 20 - 22 - Monterey Sports Car Championship. Possible arrangements for VIP Privelidges. See the Team Lexus IS350 Race Cars

THIS CONCLUDES ALL OFFICIAL MEET ACTIVITIES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR 2006.

WHAT IS RAPID REWARDS ??

At EOS FIVE meet this summer - Cash in your rapid rewards points earned throughout the year for opportunities to win Grand Prizes to be given away at EOS. Eligibility is limited to CL registered members who attend meets this year and are verified current Lexus Model owners.

You must remember to register on the sign up sheet whenever you attend a meet. The Rapid Rewards will be recorded and at EOS FIVE, raffle coupons will be handed out to those who have earned points throught the year. The more points the more coupons, the more chances there are to win.

All Rapid Awards points meets are shown above. Some meets are Double Points Meets.

Membership has its privelidges !

October 20 & 21 - A VERY special event to end the year, Stay Tuned as we are working hard to make this one a reality. UPDATE: This meet was canceled due to the sudden pull out of the Team Lexus race car.

Other meet announcements may be posted by individuals wishing to hold their own meets

Last edited by RMMGS4; 10-19-06 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-15-06, 05:00 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know if there is going to be another California Raceway meet?
Old 03-15-06, 07:07 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
Do you know if there is going to be another California Raceway meet?

We are still waiting to see if Team Lexus will have a race car running this year. The race car is built, but last I heard there were technical issues preventing them from running.

That could change, but basically, if there is no Team Lexus car racing, the meet probably won't happen.

Let's see if we can get an update from flipside909. He is in the know about these things.
Old 03-15-06, 08:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

ok..... guess it's time to look out on my calender
Old 03-16-06, 11:00 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by rominl
ok..... guess it's time to look out on my calender

That's right !

And plan those trips to LA better too !
Old 03-16-06, 12:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
That's right !

And plan those trips to LA better too !
yeah, i hate rapid rewards (both on swa and lgw!)
Old 03-16-06, 01:04 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by rominl
yeah, i hate rapid rewards (both on swa and lgw!)

I'm thinking of offering an LGW credit card where you can earn bonus points for hotel and rental car charges as well.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 03-17-06 at 01:01 AM.
Old 03-24-06, 03:18 PM
LexFather

I really want to make EOS this year but the 24th is between the tentative NOPI and Lexfest events in Atlanta.
Old 03-24-06, 04:45 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I really want to make EOS this year but the 24th is between the tentative NOPI and Lexfest events in Atlanta.
SICK,

We would definitely love for you to come.

Traditionally , EOS has always been the Last Sunday in September.

This year we have not locked in with our sponsor, so there's always a chance this date will move. I'm probably going to see if we can lock the date in a few weeks.

In any case does pushing our date in a week or out a week (Sept 17 or Oct 1)make it any better for you?

Has Lexfest date been finalized?

If the Team Lexus crew decides to race this season, we will try for another large meet in October when the race series comes to Laguna Seca.
Old 03-25-06, 06:52 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
SICK,

We would definitely love for you to come.

Traditionally , EOS has always been the Last Sunday in September.

This year we have not locked in with our sponsor, so there's always a chance this date will move. I'm probably going to see if we can lock the date in a few weeks.

In any case does pushing our date in a week or out a week (Sept 17 or Oct 1)make it any better for you?

Has Lexfest date been finalized?

If the Team Lexus crew decides to race this season, we will try for another large meet in October when the race series comes to Laguna Seca.
THanks. Team Lexus will be racing in Atlanta the last weekend of September, thus us moving Lexfest to that date. More than 95% sure of this.

Sept 24th would be the best date, the 17th is NOPI and we will participate in that again.

I'll check in here and once the date is fine, I'll be there
Old 03-27-06, 12:28 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
THanks. Team Lexus will be racing in Atlanta the last weekend of September, thus us moving Lexfest to that date. More than 95% sure of this.

Sept 24th would be the best date, the 17th is NOPI and we will participate in that again.

I'll check in here and once the date is fine, I'll be there
glen, we should try to work around the dates so we can have mike here, he's such a vip we can't lose. and mike you should try to get dave to come as well
Old 04-21-06, 05:45 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

Any NEW info on BOS meet? I know it states meeting at Mt. View .. but will it also be a cruise-like meet?
Old 04-21-06, 09:41 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by imaputz
Any NEW info on BOS meet? I know it states meeting at Mt. View .. but will it also be a cruise-like meet?

Well we had our cruise meet in Napa last month. This meet is a 2 part meet. I haven't announced it yet, but the plans are to be in Mountain View in the morning, followed by us meeting with 10 other Toyota clubs for go-karting in Fremont. We'll have a friendly competition between clubs where the winning club will have bragging rights and a trophy.

Still in the planning stages for now, but that's the plan.
Old 04-21-06, 10:23 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

oh swweeet... Lemans Karting in Fremont I presume? It's pretty fun.... kinda pricey though ... like 40 bucks for 20 mins? =/

Quick Reply: Upcoming Meets for 2006