Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

New info on cop crackdowns....read...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-05, 12:56 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

yeah street racing that's one thing, but ticketing for cars being lower than certain amount, tinted windows, etc.... those are just lame and stupid. and yes, laws are there, but enforcing it or not that's up to cops, and reason for them to do it after all is just for the money. and that's what i hate about
Old 08-20-05, 11:45 AM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

so what about all the legal parts on our cars like greddy exhaust which are street legal and aem intakes with carb approve numbers..will these things still be legal to drive around , because if not there would be alot of law suits against these companies
Old 08-20-05, 08:38 PM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Timmy,
Don't be such a dumbass!
Silas
Old 08-21-05, 02:39 PM
alwayzspeedin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SBMGS4
Timmy,
Don't be such a dumbass!
Silas

lol well the first thing ill do is have the cops come check out your car and see if you need a smog.....
Old 08-22-05, 01:33 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by xxxalwayzspeedinxxx
so what about all the legal parts on our cars like greddy exhaust which are street legal and aem intakes with carb approve numbers..will these things still be legal to drive around , because if not there would be alot of law suits against these companies
if you have sticker for your intake, show it to the cops and they will have to shut up. for the exhaust, unforunately, i do not think you get any exhaust when you buy them, it's just "said" to be 48 states legal or so. if the cop THINKS that your exhaust is loud, he can still send you to referee at will.

now if you pass the db test at the referee, then you will get a sticker as well to show the NEXT cop
Old 08-22-05, 02:32 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

You know we should take advantage of public information.

Every officer out there every undercover car out there should be exposed to the public. I Dont see it as being illegal. Next time they try to coerce regular citizens into comitting a crime, they would have a good idea who this people are. Itd be nice to see if the people in charge in this operation if there was a sites, places even bulletins spread out with stats printed on everyone responsible

Although this does not affect me directly yet, I see this as a big deal, I see certain liberties being at stake here, I have no issues if street racing is the target, I see issues when you start hampering with your right to own a car, and mod it. Theres gotta be a way to put a stop to it. To make it concetrate on illicit racing if need be, but to make them stop this profiling.

Perhaps sit ins? Demonstrations? Anything you guys can do? Or are you all helpless in a totalitarian state? Getting access to certain information and releasing it? Theres gotta be a way to defeat this. its wrong its dead wrong.

Remind me where did freedom go? This is down right scary.

I feel for you guys.
Old 08-25-05, 07:40 PM
Supraristo
Lexus Test Driver

As far as a CARB sticker for the intakes...They'll ticket you anyway and say, take it up with the judge or state ref just to be dicks.
Old 08-25-05, 07:44 PM
Supraristo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xxxalwayzspeedinxxx
lol well the first thing ill do is have the cops come check out your car and see if you need a smog.....
I don't need a smog.......SMOG EXEMPT!!! HAHA, just steal a sticker
Old 08-26-05, 12:02 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by aristo300
As far as a CARB sticker for the intakes...They'll ticket you anyway and say, take it up with the judge or state ref just to be dicks.
well i mean cops can always be a real *** and give you trouble, so let's not go there. but at least you can try to do as much as you can
Old 08-27-05, 11:51 PM
Gs L-tune
Lead Lap

Happen a lot in San Jose and Milpitas now. Cops did a road blocked couple weeks ago at the run and i heard it going to happen again. So racers be careful to get your car impound or tickets. By the way i have few friends that are Milpitas cops they can sign off minor tickets like tint window, low, intake and stuff. I'm willing to help members out to help sign off but i'm not going to make any promise that i can do it all. I know how it feels when they make you take off your tint.
Old 08-28-05, 12:01 PM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gs L-tune
Happen a lot in San Jose and Milpitas now. Cops did a road blocked couple weeks ago at the run and i heard it going to happen again. So racers be careful to get your car impound or tickets. By the way i have few friends that are Milpitas cops they can sign off minor tickets like tint window, low, intake and stuff. I'm willing to help members out to help sign off but i'm not going to make any promise that i can do it all. I know how it feels when they make you take off your tint.
That's why I haven't been to the "illegals" in awhile. They started really crackin down in Oakland. CHP in my area really doesn't have anything to do. I got pulled over by the same cop THREE TIMES for tint, exhaust and my freakin cracked windshield. It's like...pull someone over that IS doing something illegal woman. I heard that in Sac they've been pulling over and <b>impounding</b> people for illegal mods for awhile now.