Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

Lexus Serramonte or Putnam Lexus for service?

Old 04-07-21, 02:06 AM
vital
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lexus Serramonte or Putnam Lexus for service?

I live pretty much equal distance from both. Which place is better to take my car for service?
Old 04-08-21, 09:35 AM
biosurfer1
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

My only experience is with Putnam, who was the closest dealer to where I bought my LS430 and I wanted them to do a PPI.

They basically took my money and didn't do a damn thing. They push a couple buttons and other random easy things that I could easily do. They obviously didn't even take off the engine cover, or else they would have seen the giant rat's nest of insulation that was hiding under it.

Luckily after fixing a couple chewed wires (that they didn't notice), fixing the warped rotors (that they didn't notice) and a bad coil pack (that they didn't notice), it's actually been a very reliable car that I have grown to love...just wish I had my PPI money back since it was a 100% waste and I'll never take my car back there again because they can't be trusted to do what they say they will.
The following users liked this post:
vital (04-12-21)
Old 04-25-21, 10:14 PM
Ctrl-F
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Lexus of Serramonte. That's the only place I will take my car for service and I get treated with respect. I was a previous customer at Putnam (purchased three cars from there) so I have experience in dealing with them. They are the worst ever and I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. They dented my rocker panels on the lift, denied it and also denied lifting the car for an oil change and checking the wheels and brakes. Just a bunch of lies and flat-out denied my insurance claim for over a year for the damages. They never admitted it and I was treated horribly there. They work very slow, never return calls, and the service techs are kids out of high school. The entire dealership and folks who work there are a joke and they put the Lexus name to shame.

Last edited by Ctrl-F; 04-25-21 at 10:18 PM.