Northern California Lexus Club We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.
This forum is sponsored by Exact Motorsports

EOS V3 Follow Up

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-04, 02:52 PM
gsfour
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By far the best meet ever held in NorCal. I think what made it even more fun, for me at least, was that I got involved. Helping out an already very organized awesome group made it enjoyable. I had a blast being the video cam dude. Although I think one of the IS owners has all my spare change that came out of my pockets while filming. Can't wait for the DVD to be released!

Put me on the "volunteer list" for the next meet!
Old 09-27-04, 03:04 PM
SBMGS4
Lead Lap

Thanks to Glenn and crew for putting forth the effort again this year. It was great to see a bigger turnout.

Nice to see old friends and great to meet some new ones.

Here's my pics:

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...0&ppuser=21937

Looking forward to our next meet........
Old 09-27-04, 04:17 PM
jawnthen
Lead Lap

thanks to all the members who came out for the meet. Without your participation, it would have just been us committee folks with our cars...of course I must thank our whole committee for the endless nights of planning and volunteer time it took to pull off this meet.

I want to give special props to my assistant DP, gsfour for going around and talking shots of all the cars, while I was interviewing members and sponsors. Your footage looks great, its gonna be fun editing this DVD.

for a teaser video (kinda big so start downloading now...) visit www.lexusgonewild.com
there is also a full write-up from RMMGS4, as well as the official photo gallery from Palm Photography.

--jawn
Old 09-27-04, 05:18 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The meet was A LOT of fun. The exhaust competition was great... The entire thing was very well organized and everyone was really friendly. I have a lot of pics that I'll put up as soon soon.
Old 09-27-04, 05:38 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Who's car is this? Is it a vendor or a regular guy who's totally committed? It looks like a newer LS430 from the taillights and trunk. This trunk is insane. I love it! The twin screens, sound system, and minibar is craaaazy.......wish there were more pictures of this car.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...92422259GYtwim

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...at=3300&page=1

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 09-27-04 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-27-04, 06:08 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Thank you Lexus of Stevens Creek for again hosting us on their grounds. Your contribution cannot be appreciated enough.

Thanks to all the Sponsors that donated items and displayed booths and demo cars for the Lexus community to enjoy and experience. Your contribution and dedication for LGW and the Lexus community is greatly appreciated.

Club Lexus and Ethan, thank you for flying up to attend. You showed your support again for LGW and we will continue to push Club Lexus site here in NorCal.

Thanks for all who drove from SoCal, Ryan, Ken, and everyone else that took the weekend off for LGW and EOS V3. Keep us posted with meets and shows in SoCal. We will return the favor.

Mostly, thanks to the community, the members, the owners, and everyone who came to support this organization. To see your positive attitudes makes all the hours worth wild. All you guys keep us, LGW working harder each year and we thank you for making this years End of Summer V3 a lasting and wonderful memory. We will see u next year.

Thanks to:

- Bruce Nomura for his presentation of the two turbo cars.
- Overboost for covering the meet. Great talking to you Gilbert and your gang.
- Luxury Motorworx for the install on Saturday at JP.
- Thanks for supporting us Junction John. The can-scrapping banned us FOREVER from Stevens Creek. We may have next years meet in my back yard.. =P
- Wheel Techniques/SIK for displaying a vast variety of custom finishes on wheels. It is true almost everyone of the team have had wheels finished or fixed with the company.
- Todd and TM Engineering for making the trip even though there were issues the night before.
- Exact Motorsports, John and Sandy for the donuts and prizes. Next year we will set-up a table and teach everyone how to play Mahjong. =)
- Sam and Premiere Automotive for the booth.
- CA Tuned for the generous donation of a complete set of rims. Thanks guys, and a very loud demo car.
- Dee and ur strobe-flashing GS. Good to see u again, bro.
- Derrick and your 1st place winning race IS300. What will you bring next year?

And everyone else that I did not mention. Thanks for coming out and making this day fantastic.

-sOlo-

( so many to thank )
Old 09-27-04, 08:10 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Longo Lexus
Who's car is this? Is it a vendor or a regular guy who's totally committed? It looks like a newer LS430 from the taillights and trunk. This trunk is insane. I love it! The twin screens, sound system, and minibar is craaaazy.......wish there were more pictures of this car.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...92422259GYtwim

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...at=3300&page=1
His screename is TKLS430. Met him for the very first time, pretty cool guy. Here are more pics of his car. He doesnt usually ride around on dayton rims, only when he shows up at lowrider shows.

heres more pics of his car from the meet

Old 09-27-04, 08:33 PM
princess4
Rookie

all of these pics are fantastic but did anyone get any of the dogs?

the meet was awesome, thanks for organizing it and thanks to all those who showed up to make it what it was
Old 09-27-04, 08:39 PM
eyedrop
Driver

Originally posted by gsfour
By far the best meet ever held in NorCal. I think what made it even more fun, for me at least, was that I got involved. Helping out an already very organized awesome group made it enjoyable. I had a blast being the video cam dude. Although I think one of the IS owners has all my spare change that came out of my pockets while filming. Can't wait for the DVD to be released!

Put me on the "volunteer list" for the next meet!
I have never thought a car community can be as matured and professional as Club Lexus. It kind of took me by surprise. From registration to picture taking to video filming, you guys are just amazing.

I know I'm relatively "new" to CL, but I always believe that it's better to give than to take...when you enjoy what you're doing and experiencing. How does one help or "volunteer" in something like this?
Old 09-27-04, 08:47 PM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The meet was definately an awesome experience. Instant comradery among owners.....I dont think people realize or understand why we go or do events like this...but for me I saw relationships being built with vendors; people getting "hooked up" with deals even though it wasnt part of the event or the raffle, making friends, using eachothers connections to get our cars where we want them to be....etc.... If just going to see modded Lexus' wasnt enough you gain so much know-how and ideas on how/what to do next to your ride.........definately was a benefit for me to attend such a great meet.....Good Job car freaks!
Old 09-27-04, 10:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

my post-meet feeling -- very different point of view

finally, another year, another EOS meet. i am sure a lot of people have mentioned already, but i will say it again. great meet, good outcome, i am very happy that we outdid ourselves one more time from last year, and i was so happy to see all the new and old facres at the meet.

first off, i wanna take my hat off to all the big guys behind the scene, here we go again:

glen (rmmgs4) for general organization and raffle
chris (synergy) and heather (synergy's wife) for marketing and raffle
solomon (solo) for all graphic design, parking, as well as the announcer for exhaust and raffle
jonathan (jawnthen) for all audio and video editing
chris (al7ezza) for registraion print out and exhaust show off
chris (redgs4) for all information print out
rich (lex400sc) for making all the signs
ryan (flipside909) for the socal convoy
rolando (r.meatas) for parking
maricar (indgogrl ) and serena (solo's wife) for raffle
ava (r.meatas' wife) for registration

i also want to thank all the helpers who have assisted me in any way that day:

andy (pandags430), mike (gsing430), tatung (teton), chris (lightwave76), mike (sbmgs4).

i am sure i have missed names here and there, so my apology ahead of time. and in case you still don't know who the hell i am, well, i am henry, the guy who had been running around the meet like crazy. i was in charge of the whole entrance and parking, together with the v8 exhaust show off. on the other hand my wife (mimi) she took care of the registration. if you got any suggestions to any of us about the meet, please do pm us, we would love to hear.

and of course i wanna thank everyone for coming. the meet was defintely overwhelming, and if anyone thought that the meet last yr was huge, this one was just blown out of proportion. 9:30 am we started to let people in and before 10:30 almost the whole lot was totally full of cars already. it's great to see over 110 lexus all parked together for this great event, i am extremely grateful to all of you

this yr we knew ahead of time that it's going to be big already, to the point that all the jobs are broken down into pieces for everyone. finally all the hard work for the past 2 months paid off. however, i think i am too consumed by the whole meet. the meet was from 10 to 3, however, since the moment i arrived at 7 until i left at 4:30, i never got the chance to enjoy the show at all. it's funny, now that i look back, the only free time i got for the day was from 11:30 to 11:45, where i took maybe 10 pics before i felt too tired to walk around anymore.

and to all of you who tried to grab me when i was running around (sorry i forgot some of the names already...), i am really sorry that i couldn't spend a tad more time talking to you. but it was still nice that i got the little chances here and there to talk to some of you, i always have a good feeling when i match up faces with screennames.

way back before the meet, i told ritsa that this meet i wanna really enjoy it, since i didn't enjoy it much last yr. i wanna talk to people, and get some nice pics of my car during the meet. haha, so ironic, after the meet i found myself having no time to talk to people, and at the same time i didn't even get any pics of my car, let alone good ones.

well, one yr has passed, another great meet happened. there were a lot of happy and unhappy things, but i defintely enjoyed being a big part of it. seeing the whole norcal communitry grew from a tiny 8 cars lunch meet 3 yrs ago, to the enormous 110 cars 14 vendors meet this yr at the dealership, that's definitely a lot of accomplishment to talk about. no one knows about next yr yet, who knows if we are still going to do it again, but at this moment, i am definitely trying to enjoy that 15 mins when i get to walk around the parking lot.

Last edited by rominl; 09-28-04 at 01:40 AM.
Old 09-27-04, 10:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

btw, don't get me wrong if you think that i hate the meet. so i love it, otherwise i wouldn't have spent all the time i have on the meet. it's a blast and what i experienced was just overwhelming. i just wish time could stop for a while so i could get some rest and walk around
Old 09-27-04, 10:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by T Man 97
I thought there was going to be an IS430?
just wait until its official announcement. it was such a long story, i am sure even the owner doesn't wanna mention about it. all i can tell is, the owner just registered here on clublexus not too long ago, and hasn't posted anything.... yet
Old 09-27-04, 10:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by AaronE
Great to see you all again. Even more prizes than last year! Plus, the number of SC's nearly doubled! I counted 20 (not including the 2 SC430s) this year compared to 12 (I think) last year. SC POWER!

Thanks to everyone who makes this meet possible!
yup i noticed that too when i was running around, there were a lot of sc this yr! that's great! always love to see a group of cars parked together
Old 09-27-04, 10:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by JunctionGS
my highlight. I got to leave my "mark"

I had a blast everyone. Thanks to everyone to stopped by my MINI Junction Produce booth. It was great to see everyone once again. First time I finally got to bring the GS out to one of our lovely meets! Great turnout nonetheless!!!

and one more thing, the exhausts are fine.
it was great to have both of you and your car there john. awesome setup, no one can complain

and about your exhaust, don't find excuses man, i know you forgot

Quick Reply: EOS V3 Follow Up