Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Looking for recommendations for service at dealers in New England

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-03, 04:51 PM
kimberlyk2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Looking for recommendations for service at dealers in New England

I'm down to my 2 week waiting period to take delivery of my RX330 (whoohoo!).

As I live in Vermont, we don't have any Lexus dealers in the area. However I do have family in Western MA and vist them often. I'll most likely get major service done in that region.

So - does anyone have experience with Lexus service departments in MA, CT, or NH? Care to make any recommendations?

I hope to learn to change my own oil and check fluid levels - after my nails break. ;-)

Thanks!
Old 08-25-03, 08:11 PM
steviej
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lexus of Norwood.

Kinda far from Western MA or Vermont, though.

steviej
Old 08-25-03, 08:16 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default CT Lexus service

I have a few to list (in CT):

- Lexus of Greenwich = biz hours till midnight during the week, friendly service staff, REAL busy (mainly services NY and western CT people). Bit pricey but price negotiable

- Lexus of Westport = high-quality IT network for recordkeeping, decent waiting room (includes Internet-ready PCs), knowledgeable technicians. Costly service

- McDermott Lexus of New Haven = service and parts depts strongly work in unison, large number of service bays, comfortable waiting room w/ TV, mags and coffee/capuccino machine. Hefty fleet of cars and loaners. Honest service and not viewed as a ripoff to the customer. I recommend McDermott Lexus
Old 08-26-03, 03:21 PM
pkchin
Driver

Here is another one:

Lexus of Northborough. They recently opened a few months back. Don't know which part of Western Mass you would be visiting, but they are directly off of Route 9. About 15-20 minutes from the Framingham, Mass pike exit 14. Everyone seems pretty nice and not overly busy yet as I think they are establishing their customer base.

Last edited by pkchin; 08-26-03 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-31-03, 08:02 PM
LexDiamond
Lead Lap

Lexus of Watertown is the best in MA hands down. Ira is a bunch of snobs and Norwood is EXTREMELY OVERPRICED.

I have not dealt with Northboroug as they are very,very new but there Sales side is great!
Old 08-31-03, 08:12 PM
LexDiamond
Lead Lap

Default Re: Looking for recommendations for service at dealers in New England

Originally posted by kimberlyk2
I'm down to my 2 week waiting period to take delivery of my RX330 (whoohoo!).

As I live in Vermont, we don't have any Lexus dealers in the area. However I do have family in Western MA and vist them often. I'll most likely get major service done in that region.

So - does anyone have experience with Lexus service departments in MA, CT, or NH? Care to make any recommendations?

I hope to learn to change my own oil and check fluid levels - after my nails break. ;-)

Thanks!

Since your out there you might wanna try Balise Lexus. They are near Agawam MA. (Western MA)
Old 09-01-03, 06:03 AM
jbbnet
Lead Lap

yes, i am in western mass and deal with balise lexus all the time. I know the service manager Scott. He's a super nice guy and will go out of his way for service. I've been going there for about 2 yrs. It's ez to get to from VT too. it's right off 91 near holyoke/west springfield on route 5 (riverdale rd)

PM or email me what ever you need to know.

jim

Last edited by jbbnet; 09-01-03 at 06:05 AM.
Old 09-14-03, 08:18 PM
1994 LS400
Driver

Hey ~
I just moved to Rhode Island, and I am looking for a good Lexus repair shop in southern New England. Inskip in Warwick seems a little high. I am hopeful to find a good independent Lexus shop in southeastern CT, RI, and southeastern MA.
Thank You,
Paul
Old 04-25-14, 06:34 AM
ashman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1994 LS400
Hey ~
I just moved to Rhode Island, and I am looking for a good Lexus repair shop in southern New England. Inskip in Warwick seems a little high. I am hopeful to find a good independent Lexus shop in southeastern CT, RI, and southeastern MA.
Thank You,
Paul
My family and I are relocating to Portsmouth, Rhode Island and would be interested in the same information about good shops nearby.
Old 04-25-14, 09:44 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LexDiamond
Lexus of Watertown is the best in MA hands down. Ira is a bunch of snobs and Norwood is EXTREMELY OVERPRICED.

I have not dealt with Northboroug as they are very,very new but there Sales side is great!

I have always had the opposit experience. Watertown has been horrible every time we have delt with them to the point that we will never go back.

Ira Danvers has been absolutely amazing to us from helping us find cars to service. They are especially careful when they have had my ISF in the shop because I'm very picky about my cars. They have our RX350 now and are going the extra mile as always. And, we have never even purchased a car from them!

I've delt with a lot of dealerships and I worked for a few of the big dealers so I know the ins and outs of the industry and I give Danvers a so far.

If anyone needs non-dealer service or modification just PM me. I'm happy to help anyone in the CL community and you can get vouches/referrals for me from other CL members.

Last edited by RCB; 04-25-14 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-27-14, 01:19 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by steviej
Lexus of Norwood.

Kinda far from Western MA or Vermont, though.

steviej
I use Herb chambers Lexys of Norwood also and have been treated great.. I can give my Service Advisor's info for anybody interested... He's real down to earth and Awesome!
Old 04-27-14, 10:58 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I can't speak for the service department but we purchased an RX350 from Norwood in December and our sale person was a great guy to deal with. That was my only experience with that dealership and it was very good.
Old 04-28-14, 11:55 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by RCB
I have always had the opposit experience. Watertown has been horrible every time we have delt with them to the point that we will never go back.

Ira Danvers has been absolutely amazing to us from helping us find cars to service. They are especially careful when they have had my ISF in the shop because I'm very picky about my cars. They have our RX350 now and are going the extra mile as always. And, we have never even purchased a car from them!

I've delt with a lot of dealerships and I worked for a few of the big dealers so I know the ins and outs of the industry and I give Danvers a so far.

If anyone needs non-dealer service or modification just PM me. I'm happy to help anyone in the CL community and you can get vouches/referrals for me from other CL members.
Subscribed to this thread to save this here. Thanks