Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Queens/Brooklyn --- Good Car Wash Places?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-10, 08:43 AM
SmoKTurtLe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good handwash joint in flushing queens

HIGHLINE DETAILING
171-08 39TH AVE, FLUSHING, NY 11358

Ive been getting my washes there since i got my car... havent had a problem yet

$20 gets you a handwash with inside and window cleaning. alil steep, but i love my baby.

they do the washing indoors. - takes about 20-30 mins depending on the line. Theyll vaccum the inside, wash all your mats. They hand dry everything, even bust out a leaf blower to get the water out of the creases, mirrors, etc before they dry.

They have a section for detailing and tinting also.
Old 06-23-10, 09:44 PM
sickISF
Driver

Originally Posted by JAYGS4NYC
Hand wash on Linden Blvd and Elmont rd is pretty good and cheap. Good dudes run it and there friendly. If u get gas they take off 20cents per gallon off car wash, i can get a full in/out hand wash for like 7bux and they are open late..

This place is pretty good if ur in a jam. I went there once, bc i always do it by hand but couldnt due to ACL surgery.. My brother uses them too. We both drive super black cars with deep paint. "Ultra Sonic 249-24 Jericho Turnpike, Bellerose, N.Y. 516-502-2818?
i use that place. they have unlimited car wash for $40-$80/month and are open like 7-7 "
2000 Hand car wash on horace harding expwy in fresh meadows is horrible!!! be warned

Hand car wash across from Belmont race track is ok, they had nite wash for cheap exterior only from 5 to 7 pm..
Um that Sunoco place is okay...I always tell the guys there...take it easy on my rims (when they first clean them) otherwise they'll beat them like its their child or some ****. I spoke to the manager there a few times (very nice guy), they don't care if you have an IS-F or a 1990 camry. They are rough on the cars at times. But the best thing is, just tell the guy in charge to take it easy with the car and they actually do listen.
Old 06-28-10, 11:23 AM
subie2GX
Rookie

I am gonna try out Miami and Beverly Hills since they are so close to my place. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-30-10, 09:12 AM
kl323
Pole Position

Do post your experiences with these shops!
Old 08-09-10, 02:00 PM
kl323
Pole Position

Stopped by Miami Car Wash + Beverly Hills today..

Both places are charging $40 for wash and wax. That includes interior vacuum.

Seems steeps. But itl'll save me time and water. I think I'll make this a biannual thing for my car. Wax it twice a year.

Anyway, Miami was a smaller shop. Beverly Hills was pretty huge. Miami had several high-end cars there being washed (2010 7 series, S-class, Porshe Cayenne). Beverly Hills had only 3 cars there when I swung by.

Beverly Hills has a really good rating on CitySearch...

Still trying to decide which to use....
Old 01-15-12, 03:24 PM
JBauto
Driver School Candidate

Default Good hand car wash

Another good location is Queens Hand Car Wash & Detail Center in Woodside, Queens. I brought my 2003 Lexus GS 300 there. Its silver so it looks a lot better once detailed. Looked like new, have people offering to want to buy my car now.
Old 03-16-12, 07:50 AM
beeZbreezy
Driver School Candidate

https://www.facebook.com/MiddleVillageHandCarWash

if you live close to maspeth/woodside. this place is awesome. prices are a little steep though. hand wash would be $30 but they get the job DONE
Old 03-22-12, 08:59 AM
MyRolla
Driver School Candidate

cypress hills st and jamaica, bring ur own ****, pay the gas station $5 and wash it urself lol that or take a ride to jersey and use their lovely covered big wash areas i wouldn't mind paying the lincoln tunnel toll to come back after making my car sexy, i hated washing my corolla fx this is just like 4 times bigger the pain
Old 03-26-12, 08:10 PM
KingNasGS4
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know there's a spot in Brooklyn I go to when I wanna get a handwash and they are on East NY ave and Stone... They do pretty decent, but the lines can be long as hell sometimes.
Old 03-28-12, 07:32 PM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Usually I wash my car in my driveway with a bucket and a sponge, but if i need to take off lots of dirt and grime I go to a BP gas station on Coney Island Ave bet. Ave.Y and ave.X near 61st precinct in Brooklyn. They got a sefl wash machine with a good pressure gun and a soft foam/soap brush, $4 for 10 min.
Old 04-12-12, 02:24 PM
aztr0
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I get my RX hand washed in Brooklyn at NYC Auto Bath. http://www.yelp.com/biz/auto-bath-ha...-wash-brooklyn

I do the simple "In and Out" for $25 and my car comes out nice and clean.
Old 04-12-12, 03:01 PM
kl323
Pole Position

Just went there this weekend. I can vouch for this place!
Old 05-07-12, 07:49 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by kl323
Hey all,

Just wondering where CL members take their Lexus to have it washed.

I have a Black Sapphire Pearl. It's pretty much like a black car. I had it for two weeks now (brand spanking new) and I can see the paint isn't so durable. If I look hard enough, I can see a few swirls here and there. It's my first time with a black car.

I make sure I decline dealer complimentary washes because I'm pretty sure that's not such a good idea. But yeah, I live in the Flushing area. Any suggestions for no brush car washes?

I wish I could do it at home, but I just don't have the time or the place to.

Thanks!
to be very honest.... you own a black car, and the easiest way to """"" it up is to take it to a car wash. real talk. you have to find a way to do it yourself and do it right. i've owned two dark cars and never will again. a hand wash car wash is the worst. they wash the car improperly everytime. so a word to the wise. WASH IT YOURSELF.....
Old 05-08-12, 05:28 PM
Nylextech
Driver School Candidate

I go to ultra sonic hand wash in jericho they do a great job and its drop car friendly
Old 05-10-12, 12:24 PM
sc4demon
Lexus Test Driver

i saw this deal on groupon at this car wash at roosevelt field mall A.S. Car Caterers $13 for a full service wash exterior & interior also they have a special deal for $99 for a full detail im droping of my car there tomorrow.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/as-car-caterers

Quick Reply: Queens/Brooklyn --- Good Car Wash Places?