Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

HELP - NEW YORK CITY Traffic Lawyer

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-09, 11:51 PM
1993ES300x
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HELP - NEW YORK CITY Traffic Lawyer

Hi, i got a ticket in Brooklyn for illegal turn and it will put 2 points on my record.. does anyone know any good traffic lawyers that can help me out with this ticket.. if you have past experience, any details regarding cost would help greatly..

Last edited by 1993ES300x; 11-30-09 at 12:02 AM.
Old 11-30-09, 03:53 PM
RikTT
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IF its a TVB (traffic violations bureau) ticket, It's gonna be a little tough to beat, so yeah a lawyer will be helpful . I did beat mine however for blocking an intersection in down town bklyn w/o a lawyer cause it was up wards of $1500 . I said I'll take my chances. Cop forgot who I was LOL
I know it sounds like an ubsurd price but supposedly TVB tickets are a little yough in not budging so traffic lawyers charge accordingly G L
Old 11-30-09, 04:35 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That suck bro...

Look over the ticket carefully to make sure all the info i written/printed correctly if not your in luck.

I hear these guys (katzlawyers) advertise on the radio a lot of times... They claim to specialize in traffic volition.

http://www.katzlawyers.com/

Keep us posted.
Old 11-30-09, 10:16 PM
1993ES300x
Lexus Champion

thanks for the help. i will look into the site tomorrow and see if they can help....

i'm not the type to cry fault but this cop was such a D-bag.. i know street signs are posted for a reason but an illegal turn when there's no cars around???.. he wrote the ticket in such a way that i can't even read the back copy. it was as if he was writting without trying to make it readable. the ticket was issue on 9/16 and was enter into the system on 10/15.. isn't there a two week time frame for tickets to be submitted?? i basically stop checking and put it aside.. now i can't even fight the ticket because it's already in judgment... let's hope a lawyer can help...

Last edited by 1993ES300x; 11-30-09 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-01-09, 08:13 AM
nyczzzjohn
Driver

not sure if these guys can help, but they got me off a 14mph over the 65mph speed limit ticket: http://www.nytrafficticket.com/

can't hurt to give them an email and explain the situation.
Old 12-01-09, 06:02 PM
RikTT
Pole Position

Sucks thats in judgement now...On my ticket, I could have not read one thing on the descciption of the violation. It was vaguely there, but not readable for sure. I'm saying this because to me when I went to the Bklyn dmv courthouse, they go buy the ticket # when you are called upon and the offense is in there computer systems already which the judge confirms with you. I was gonna inquire about the written part but we didnt get that far like I said based on the cop forgetting who I was & dimissed it right away !
I too was like you worried about the 2 points mostly & thats why I fought it
Old 12-02-09, 11:11 AM
1993ES300x
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lowKut
That suck bro...

Look over the ticket carefully to make sure all the info i written/printed correctly if not your in luck.

I hear these guys (katzlawyers) advertise on the radio a lot of times... They claim to specialize in traffic volition.

http://www.katzlawyers.com/

Keep us posted.
thanks for the link buddy, i just gave them a call. The Laywer wanted a fee of 650 bucks ...... right now that is way out of my budget.. i call up another guy recommanded by a co-worker which he will charge 250. Since the ticket is in judgment i need to post a 70 dollar bond and get another court day.. i'll keep you guys updated.
Old 12-02-09, 05:17 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 1993ES300x
thanks for the link buddy, i just gave them a call. The Laywer wanted a fee of 650 bucks ...... right now that is way out of my budget.. i call up another guy recommanded by a co-worker which he will charge 250. Since the ticket is in judgment i need to post a 70 dollar bond and get another court day.. i'll keep you guys updated.
NP

If the new lawyer get you out of the ticket please feel free to post-up his info as I am sure it will be beneficial to all of us in the near future... $250 is a very good rate to fight that ticket.

Best,

Mark
Old 12-03-09, 09:44 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$650?!?!

i don't know if my lawyer works the city but she got me out of 5/5 violations this year alone in nassau county. jeanne 516 485 4888
Old 12-04-09, 10:06 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

does ny seperate points from fines? everytime i got a ticket i usually just pay the fine and they drop the points.
Old 12-07-09, 05:36 AM
NYCIS350
Driver

New York City and Suffolk courts are all or nothing...no plea bargaining like Nassau. I used http://www.nytrafficticket.com/....couldn't get me out of crap. I paid 350 and absolutely nothing, not even the tint ticket where I had a receipt stating I had the tints taken off....
Old 12-07-09, 05:47 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's going to be costly bro, good luck !
Old 12-07-09, 11:28 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Yeah, what they all said...if it's a TVB you're in trouble; it's either ALL or NOTHING - no plea bargaining down. In fact, I went to a traffic-specific lawyer referred to by a friend of mine that is ALWAYS in trouble for driving stupidly. Once the lawyer found out that the court appearance was at a TVB he was like, "I'd rather handle a rape case!" He went on to say that if I would have ran and gotten a misdemeanor he could have done something like reduce to a tailight because it wouldn't have gotten to a TVB court it would have went to another type of courthouse.

I was racing another car more than twice the speed limit about 2 years ago (stupid). I still hired a lawyer...a different one that KNEW the judges at the TVB where I had to go. He was $600 bucks and $150 each time I had to postpone (if we got a judge he didn't KNOW that well). Anyway, during all this I spoke to a cop-friend of mine whose been a Suffolk cop for over 20 years and asked me for a copy of the ticket. Surprisingly, he showed up at the court "just" before I had to go in with my lawyer and had a "talk" cop to cop with the officer that wanted to throw the book at me. He came out of the officer's lounge shortly thereafter and told me go in there and don't postpone you will be fine. In the courtroom the office said "I lost my paperwork" and the entire thing was dismissed; I owe my friend BIG-TIME...the lawyer thought he actually did something. lol...because I didn't tell him that I had other things in the works.

Moral of the story? If you THINK you will get no where, try to find or speak to a cop-friend, perhaps he can speak to the officer that issued you your ticket(s) he and/or the judge are the ONLY 2 individuals that can throw the case out! GL!
Old 12-08-09, 03:27 PM
RikTT
Pole Position

Thats why I said TVB is a PITA & costly for getting lawyers
Old 12-10-09, 07:31 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

wow thank god i dont live in ny. TVB sounds like a *****. And i thought jersey was bad lol.

Quick Reply: HELP - NEW YORK CITY Traffic Lawyer