Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Spotted Black IS250 in RI. I was the black IS-F

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-09, 06:16 AM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by as3.0cl
Friday is good with me, my buddy will be coming with his 09 IS.

what time do you guys want to meet up. i was thinking 7-8ish?
I'll be there around 7:30 or so. I'll meet you guys in the Garden City parking lot near Circuit City. By the way is your friend's '09 IS an F? I thought you mentioned one of your friends was getting one.
Old 04-28-09, 12:36 PM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ngl1145
I'll be there around 7:30 or so. I'll meet you guys in the Garden City parking lot near Circuit City. By the way is your friend's '09 IS an F? I thought you mentioned one of your friends was getting one.
he isn't getting an F, he got an awd...7:30 sounds fine. we are both pretty close to garden city.

i'm the one that wants an F, maybe in a year or two.
Old 04-28-09, 01:43 PM
wuzzy
Driver

I'm sure I can make it, pretty close to Garden City. Currently the pollen is raping my car and it needs a wash badly.
Old 04-28-09, 02:53 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

Get one of those California Dusters. They work pretty well! That's why I use after pollen gets all over it.
Old 04-28-09, 03:56 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

I just picked my car up from Inskip. Great to be back in my car again I'm surprised that we already have 3 pages of posts. Glad I ran into you that night.
Old 04-28-09, 03:56 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

By the way how loud is your exhaust? Your exhausts pipes look bigger than mine. Remove anything else?
Old 04-28-09, 04:44 PM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

yea it was good running into each other, spurred this RI meet. pollen is kinda raping my car but not that bad.

the exhaust is an HKS Hi-power. it's pretty load, it drones on the higway all the way up to 3K. after 3K in any gear the intake takes over. its just the axel back with no silencers. i didn't even have the car a month and the exhaust was already on it. u can hear it friday, maybe go for a quick ride. the tips are about 4.5 inches in diamter, i can basically fist it
Old 04-28-09, 07:19 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

I did see the 4.5 inch diameter exhaust tips. When I was in the back of your car I was like WOW. I was more impressed with the way the car looked when the wheels were spinning though. I'm semi looking for another set of wheels for the F. I had silver faced wheels 19" for snow tires and the car didn't really make the car look special. Of course I never saw what they looked like when on the road.

Old 04-28-09, 08:03 PM
wuzzy
Driver

I got those rims
Old 04-28-09, 08:09 PM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

my father has those same wheels on his GS350awd which the grey metallic. his is lowered, non stagger setup. he bought them because he wanted to change up he look of the car and not break the bank even though he liked the vossen's and since he doesn't keep his cars to long. i haven't seen them rolling yet. they look good but he likes mine better lol.

i just feel like the IS has a lot of flat vertical panel space where the GS is much longer and doesn't give that same visual effect. so a big fat spoke would actually make the IS look smaller but muscular. i wanted a bright wheel that stood out but yet classy and simple. and the MRR's fitted the bill perfectly. they are very reflective during the day and night. the only issue is that their a little on the heavy side but not by much when compared to stock.

i'm beet excuse the mumbling....
Old 04-28-09, 08:21 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

Wow I just noticed your Sig. So your IS250 AWD is setup pretty well.. intake.. suspension. Notice a huge difference after you put the F-Sport Springs and Sway bars on? I saw at Inskip on their display they also have a big brake kit too. I wish they had F-Sport parts for my car too. I'd buy a set of sways and springs if they made them for my car.
Old 04-28-09, 08:36 PM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

the springs are good, rides almost like stock but she is a lot more stable at higher speeds and of course less body roll then stock. i bought the sway bar months ago when the original awd sway bar set was available which is a 19mm bar. a big difference then the 13mm in the awd stock. i just put it on two weeks ago and all i can say is wow, almost no body roll except for the springs compressing through the top coils. the car drives like it is a go cart and has much much less body roll. the under steer the car had is almost gone, you turn and she goes.

recently lexus came out with a front and rear sway bar for the awd, but the rear bar set alone is 17mm and not the 19mm bar. however i think you can still find the 19mm bar out there at some of the vendors. they do have different part numbers

i know the IS-F has a 17mm bar in it, you can put the 19mm in your car if you can find one. it has been done on the forum once already. there is a lot of info on the sway bars in the 2IS suspension section.

i'm thinking maybe in a few months if i can just get the front bar for the awd i will pick it up.

big breaks would be nice but not a necessity. i just replaced the rotors with centric blanks and Hawk ceramic pads. i couldn't take the dusting i was getting on the rims from the stock pads and the stock rotors were shot. in two days my rims were black.

it's a wrok in progress, i want to do switch the interior to LEd's, hid the fogs and tint.

next summer i may go for BC coil overs and the Ings+1 kit.

damn i wrote a novel
Old 04-29-09, 07:02 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

Wow you did type a novel. Well it looks like your car is very well setup. Have you ever tried autocrossing it? I may think about the BC coilovers as well. I used to have JIC FLT-A2 coilovers on my 350Z. Not sure if I should go the JIC or BC route. By the way we may have bad weather on Friday.
Old 04-29-09, 09:39 PM
ngl1145
Lexus Test Driver

With the weather maybe we should meet tomorrow night instead.
Old 04-30-09, 09:31 AM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

i think Jic's would be the way to go.

as far as meeting up tonight i will not be able to meet up till late at about 9. my fried may be able to meet up at that time as well. i thought there was just a posssiblity for a shower.

Quick Reply: Spotted Black IS250 in RI. I was the black IS-F