Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Northeast forum, let it be known that Rising_Sun is the man... (did my install free!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-08, 10:22 PM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northeast forum, let it be known that Rising_Sun is the man...

Ok,

My story begins in January when I bought from Todd (rising_sun) a set of Tanabe DF210's and KYB-GR2 shocks, and he offered to install them for me. How awesome is that? Even better, I couldn't make time to go to Queens to get them installed until TODAY, four months after I purchased them. He held them in trust for me and was always asking me "So when you wanna do this bro?" "Hey man, they're some sexy springs here" etc.

I'd like to make clear that this guy is the real deal, a standup, fair, and all around great guy. Hardly knew me and still accepting, trusting, and so much more. This is the reason why Clublexus is the place to be.

So here they are:

They're Tanabe's I'm positive and so is Todd. They have the same part number, say DF210 and Tanabe. Why they're white I have no idea, but I like it better that way anyway.

And we began:

This is the car before the drop. Didn't measure before, but it was about a whole hand in the front for space and 4 fingers in the back for space. And just to let you all know, even though there were no pictures of it, I was under the car too. So there... someone's gotta take the pics right? lol
But no lie, its great. Todd taught me how to change suspension, something I couldn't fathom this morning, now within my technical mechanical range.

Now I'm sorry the final pictures are kinda bad but it was late, I was tired and I had to drive back to Jersey in rush hour traffic. I'll post others tomorrow, and please excuse my car for being hella dirty... that'll change tomorrow. The drop is amazing btw!! maybe 1 finger of space in the front and the back and the handling increased tremendously! Body roll is reduced by a huge margin as well.

The final drop (crap pictures):

Again, sorry, they're pretty bad. I'll take more after I wash it tomorrow. I'll be embarrassed if you see it now lol.

Thanks a mil Todd. Amazingly hospitable, patient as can be, and you will see me far more now on than you've ever wanted to lol. Gentlemen like him are the reason these forums are what they are, a broad, far reaching, and caring family.

Last edited by Lexatlast; 04-12-08 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-10-08, 10:39 PM
Sash
Lead Lap

I don't recall seeing Todd (rising_sun) around the Northeast forum but none the less glad to hear that you had a good experience.
Old 04-11-08, 08:28 AM
BKzSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sash
I don't recall seeing Todd (rising_sun) around the Northeast forum but none the less glad to hear that you had a good experience.
HMMM TOdds OG!!
Old 04-11-08, 09:24 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I am not suprised.. This is Todd doing what he does best.. Helping others.
Old 04-11-08, 11:52 AM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

Todd is one hell of an individual.... Great work and hospitality was extreme....
Old 04-11-08, 12:04 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

I think it's great that he does this stuff for free to help other members, big
Old 04-11-08, 12:17 PM
Brownmagic
Pole Position

I knew Todd would be back at it in no time.

Wait till hes back at 100% him old self, Hes gonna be swapping motors in 5 hours with a rebuild done in that same time AND blind folded.
Old 04-11-08, 12:37 PM
blklegend
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

He really helps out ppl alot. This man deserves an award.
Old 04-11-08, 01:19 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We are all revitalizing, evolving, and growing more than I thought...This is what its all about...Good job...
Old 04-11-08, 03:06 PM
2GTSVETTE
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Todd is a great person and friend, he'll help you out in almost every situation. He has been there for me ever since the day i posted up on CL. matter a fact hes actually the guy that got me into Neloc.
Old 04-11-08, 03:22 PM
SC904
Driver

^ that's right. Todd is the man. He got me in too, and he helped me alot and had given me a lot of information. Cool guy, smart guy, really helpful.
Old 04-11-08, 03:55 PM
hb55047
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

with todd and gazi who needs triple A. Plus I think I heard about a limited time offer about a discount on bubble tea.
Old 04-11-08, 05:54 PM
Brownmagic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hb55047
with todd and gazi who needs triple A. Plus I think I heard about a limited time offer about a discount on bubble tea.

Yea that is true Hugh

his bubble tea is addicting.
Old 04-11-08, 06:26 PM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Todd's been there for me since the beginning of my SC adventure. Half of my stuff is off his old SC, and I couldnt have done it without his advice. Great guy to be around, we should all be so fortunate to have someone like him as a friend.
Old 04-12-08, 12:47 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Todd, if you're reading this...

I took new pics today, with the ride a little more clean than yesterday and the springs are almost settled out. Fronts still need a bit more time though.

It was two fingers in the front this morning, and now its down to half a finger width! Awesome...

oh yeah...

Quick Reply: Northeast forum, let it be known that Rising_Sun is the man... (did my install free!)