Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Nypd Highway Patrol Supercharged Chargers

Old 02-15-06, 09:23 PM
BOGOTA
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Nypd Highway Patrol Supercharged Chargers

HMMM, I was watching the news tonight and they did a quick report on local law enforcement NYC /NJ soon to be driving the Supercharged Charges as part of there highway fleet. The NYPD Highway Patrol will have 15-20 cars in two weeks time. I do no know if they will be marked or unmarked? 425hp plus some additional mods makes them a serious contender on the roads...... Wayne
Old 02-15-06, 09:34 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 229 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by BOGOTA
HMMM, I was watching the news tonight and they did a quick report on local law enforcement NYC /NJ soon to be driving the Supercharged Charges as part of there highway fleet. The NYPD Highway Patrol will have 15-20 cars in two weeks time. I do no know if they will be marked or unmarked? 425hp plus some additional mods makes them a serious contender on the roads...... Wayne
Do you plan on contending with them?

I read about this also, I think they will be marked with new NYPD paint jobs, part of this whole "new look" they are going for. The article I read said that based on the trial, they may overhaul the whole fleet of Impalas/Crown Vic's with these Chargers.
Old 02-16-06, 04:48 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Those crown vics are outdated, plus the gas tanks blow up in a crash with those cars. Wow 500 horse police cars We need more mods their gaining on us
Old 02-16-06, 02:13 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Originally Posted by BOGOTA
I think at most they will get the regular 5.7 hemi (340 hp) engine. And then only for the highway,state police units. The regular patrol cars will have the V6 engine (250 hp) which for them is plenty.
Old 02-16-06, 04:08 PM
BklynGS
Driver

Originally Posted by BobsGX
I think at most they will get the regular 5.7 hemi (340 hp) engine. And then only for the highway,state police units. The regular patrol cars will have the V6 engine (250 hp) which for them is plenty.
This is most definitely gonna be right.... the city would never spend that much money to give the NYPD supercharged chargers. They will be the regular v6 ones, not to mention the money they would spend on gas.
Old 02-16-06, 04:39 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

it really doesnt matter b/c no one can outrun those radios and helicopters anyway
Old 02-16-06, 04:50 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldnt mind being a cop and get to play with 400-500 hp cars
Old 02-17-06, 08:40 AM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New Patrol Cars

There will only be a few new patrol cars. Dont worry!!! the city is cheap and will not buy very fast cars for all the cops. Remember cops are like you and me and they will tear these cars apart. If anything only hwy will only get a few.. They are the ones who make money for the city.
Old 02-17-06, 09:09 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PR FIEBRU
There will only be a few new patrol cars. Dont worry!!! the city is cheap and will not buy very fast cars for all the cops. Remember cops are like you and me and they will tear these cars apart. If anything only hwy will only get a few.. They are the ones who make money for the city.
I can se that in Blue and white in NYC. All the cops can relive the Rosco P. Coltrane days. "kooo koo koo those Clublexus boyz"
Old 02-17-06, 09:58 AM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

Default new patrol car

This is the latest. Forget the charger. They found out about clublexus and now they are getting the viper
Old 02-18-06, 02:05 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

This is the latest. Forget the charger. They found out about clublexus and now they are getting the viper
If I attempt a get away from that, I will put myself in handcuffs
Old 02-18-06, 09:14 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Looks like someone was using photo editing software to add the lightbar to the roof of that Viper.
Old 02-19-06, 01:19 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by xknowonex
I wouldnt mind being a cop and get to play with 400-500 hp cars
Not tomention system looking the other way when you decide to tramp on other peoples rights! Like walking into a home and arresting individuals withouth a warrant!
Old 02-19-06, 04:20 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Inabj2
Not tomention system looking the other way when you decide to tramp on other peoples rights! Like walking into a home and arresting individuals withouth a warrant!
Old 02-19-06, 08:56 AM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

Default Ummnnnnnnnnnn???

Originally Posted by Inabj2

EEK!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nypd Highway Patrol Supercharged Chargers