Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Do u needa GOOD mechanic?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-06, 07:03 PM
nicola
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SC3005SPD1
My clutch was shot and i had to drive downsouth for the holiday. So Aliga recommended me to take it to his brother's shop in richmond hill, nyc for a good price. I did and I got the car back the next day ready to roll. Drove it down to atlanta with no problems wat so ever. Smooth shift and all. Im very satisfied with the service. A++++++ Very professional, he gives recipts too! lol and shows the part after its replaced to assure that the job was done. No bs here and he knows our cars!!! Other members use him including Aliga. Im recommending to all us lexus/toyota owners
104st. Auto Repair INC.
87-01 104 St.
Richmond Hill, NY 11418
718 850 5000
24HR Towing 800 506 4002
This is my (and another guys) post from the GS forum, refering to this shop:

Originally Posted by GS4
I just got mine installed last week at a shop in jamaica. They charged $350. My steering feels incredible. Gs tracks perfectly straight, no shacking at highway speeds and all the noises that use to come from my suspension are gone. By far the best thing I could have done. This shop is really good. They swapped out my engine for me a few months ago and have had absolutely no issues. If you want call the shop at (718) 850-5000.

Frank
I went to the same shop and they did an amazing job - HIGHLY recommend this place. Did everything, including upper/lower bushings, strut mounts, new front shocks and front and rear sways in roughly 7 hours at an awesome price. The guys here are also really nice and talk to you like you're not a moron (even got offered a few slices of pizza at lunch). The dude who worked on my car knew what was up and this was only the 2nd Daizen bushing job he's done (Frank was the first - how is your big brake kit ). So yea - if you're in NY, and need these installed, or for that matter, anything, check these guys out. I'm in the Bronx and it was totally worth the drive out there, and I'll continue to do so for all my mods.
Old 02-27-06, 08:38 PM
poser714
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone, This is great to know. Finding good places to work on our cars for a reasonable price is hard to come by. But if anyone else is interested in another shop in the Flushing, Corona area. I also know of a great place. He's a personal friend of mine and is a very skilled mechanic. I just had my whole suspension redone. meaning coilovers,new sway bars, replaced all the bushings all around fronts, rears, uppers and lowers and new front LCA's, within about 6-7 hours. for a very reasonable price. Everyone that i know that's went to him said the guy is great. BTW he works on all cars not only lex's he's also done 240's, sti's, vette's, 350's, 300zx's, VW's, Honda/Acura's just to name a few of my friends rides. If anyone is interested you could PM me i can get a price quote from him for any work you might want done or i could give you the info to contact him directly. Oh and BTW i dont mean to step on anyones toe's or take business away from anyone. i just wanted to share a great option for anyone that might be interested and or more convenient for them.
Old 02-27-06, 09:41 PM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

sorry charlie, I'm sticking to what works best with me.
And that is 104th auto!
Big thumbs up to great servicing and price.
Will be going there soon to get the brakes done.
Old 02-28-06, 06:00 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i plan on going to Aliga's brother's shop when I need my timing belt replaced as well as other stuff likes brakes etc.

Aliga:

Does your brother's shop also do wet sanding to get swirls out of black cars etc?

Thanks,

Ted
Old 02-28-06, 06:46 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ted: sorry no wetsanding.
Old 05-01-06, 08:36 AM
the hustler07
Lead Lap

hey aliga,
I sent you a PM with some work i need done to my car.
Old 05-19-06, 09:00 PM
the hustler07
Lead Lap

Smile

Hey Guys,
I had my Daizen Bushings, pass. ball joint, front rotors & pads, rear pads, spark plugs, timing belt, water pump, Bilstein HD shocks, L-tuned springs, strut mount, and one wheel stub installed at 104th St. Auto. They did a great job 1st time around. Gazi is very reasonable with his prices, and doesn't try to jerk you. The worker are pretty cool also. I took a long trip from Morris County in Jersey to Queens, NY just to have this work done. It was worth it, my car drives nice and smooth, I can take NY bumps, and I haven't even done the alignment yet.

104th St. Auto
Old 05-20-06, 05:08 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

hustler07 glad things worked out well for you, thank you for the feedback!
Old 06-03-06, 11:14 AM
LexusLimit
Driver

Originally Posted by SC3005SPD1
My clutch was shot and i had to drive downsouth for the holiday. So Aliga recommended me to take it to his brother's shop in richmond hill, nyc for a good price. I did and I got the car back the next day ready to roll. Drove it down to atlanta with no problems wat so ever. Smooth shift and all. Im very satisfied with the service. A++++++ Very professional, he gives recipts too! lol and shows the part after its replaced to assure that the job was done. No bs here and he knows our cars!!! Other members use him including Aliga. Im recommending to all us lexus/toyota owners
104st. Auto Repair INC.
87-01 104 St.
Richmond Hill, NY 11418
718 850 5000
24HR Towing 800 506 4002

All this time and I did not know that was only a few mins away from me.
Old 06-29-06, 11:20 AM
no2faber
Lead Lap

Sounds like a great shop. I wish I had the time to drive out from central. Stll haven't found a good one here yet, and I got A LOT of repairs that need to be done.

I've been checking this forum for 2 yrs now i think and ppl always ask the same question: Need a good mechanic in xxxxx.

I'm surprised the mods haven't created a sticky on this topic yet. Anyway, i'm ranting a bit.
Old 04-19-11, 06:20 AM
gridlock13
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

bringing an old thread back from the dead. i'm planning on buying rotors and pads off tirerack and need a place that will install them. is this shop still in business?