Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

Just Got A Ticket For Tinted Windows!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-05, 05:49 PM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry Just Got A Ticket For Tinted Windows!

Aaargh! I can't believe it. I just got pulled over for my tinted windows. I have gotten many comments that my tints are too light and I get a ticket! Any NY cops out there wanna donate a PBA card to a fellow CL member?

BTW. I got pulled over on the east bound side of Hempstead Turnpike by Belmont Race track.
Old 04-07-05, 07:02 PM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You too? I got 2 from the same cop within 6 months. My friend just got one on the Belt Parkway. I think NYC cops are cracking down on everyone with tints.
Old 04-07-05, 07:03 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

should have told the pigs why can the feds roll around with tinted windows?
Old 04-07-05, 07:22 PM
IS300ED
Rookie

I got pulled over for my tints too on Long Island last night. I was driving along and a local cop switched lanes and stopped me at like 9 PM saying he couldn't see me. He copped an attitude with me off the bat, so he got it right back in his face twice as bad and I told him I didn't care for his department at all and told him it was BS to stop someone for 35% tint on their car. My uncle is a cop and I'm starting the police academy in a few months, so I didn't get a ticket but I think its so stupid to stop someone for tints if they're not violating any other traffic laws.

What dept was it that stopped you bro?
Old 04-07-05, 07:55 PM
BkLexZ
Pole Position

Yesterday I was driving on belt pkwy and by Pensylavania avenue exit a white GS on chrome lowenharts got pulled over for speeding, Few exits later by knapp street where the movie theater is I get pulled over for speeding as I was coming off the exit he wrote me up for 50mph in 30mph zone, it felt like i was still on the highway when I got pulled over. They definetely cracking down and I dont even want to mention how many tint ticketsd I paid over the years.
Old 04-07-05, 08:16 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

i got pulled over once a few months back for my 20% tints. showed the cop my pba and badge, next thing i heard was "have a nice night sir"
Old 04-07-05, 08:22 PM
IS300ED
Rookie

Originally Posted by ARISTO*7
i got pulled over once a few months back for my 20% tints. showed the cop my pba and badge, next thing i heard was "have a nice night sir"
That's how its supposed to go...the **** that pulled me over last night had an attitude with me the entire time and I basicially told him he pulled me over for BS and had a few choice words with him and all he said to me was, "How did I disrespect you?"
Old 04-07-05, 08:25 PM
IS300ED
Rookie

Originally Posted by BkLexZ
Yesterday I was driving on belt pkwy and by Pensylavania avenue exit a white GS on chrome lowenharts got pulled over for speeding, Few exits later by knapp street where the movie theater is I get pulled over for speeding as I was coming off the exit he wrote me up for 50mph in 30mph zone, it felt like i was still on the highway when I got pulled over. They definetely cracking down and I dont even want to mention how many tint ticketsd I paid over the years.
The entire Belt Parkway is a notorious speedtrap and both the officers in Highway 2 and the precincts do speed enforcement there.
Old 04-07-05, 08:38 PM
timoc42
Lead Lap

mm....whats a PBA badge?
Old 04-07-05, 08:46 PM
IS300ED
Rookie

Originally Posted by timoc42
mm....whats a PBA badge?
It's a small replica of a police shield that you get from a close friend or a family member on the job; its basicially a small duplicate of the shield they wear...you put it in your wallet or whatever ...it can help in sticky situations.
Old 04-07-05, 11:33 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by timoc42
mm....whats a PBA badge?

whats the nyc tint limit (percentage)?

Last edited by newyorksc; 04-08-05 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-08-05, 05:03 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by newyorksc
whats the nyc tint limit (percentage)?

Its like 70%, next to nothing.
Old 04-08-05, 08:59 AM
IS300ED
Rookie

Yea actually the entire State of New York is 70% for the front two windows.

So, when you have like 35% tints like I have on my car, it's only letting 35% of the light in--but the windows don't transmit 100% to begin with. When the dickface officer got out of his RMP, he took a tint meter with him and showed me that my windows were 28%. He said they had to be 70% and I had to take it off. I told him no thanks and I didn't want to speak to him anymore.

I've had my tints since early January of this year and have not had one problem from anyone in any real police department. Unfortunately in my town we have a tiny little police department that harasses people and stops them for petty violations. It's a real collection of officers.

I have 3 PBA shields in my wallet, two of which are supervisor's shields and I have like 5 PBA cards. Why the guy continued his attitude with me is beyond me. I'm not going to take nonsense from those guys once I'm a cop.
Old 04-08-05, 04:02 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

since were on the subject of tints. i kinda scratched the tints on one of my windows when i was loading snowboards into my rear seats. so i need/want to get my 20% removed and get something darker. how much would a tint place charge to remove and retint? and does anyone know a spot in queens that they can refer me to? thanks guys
Old 04-08-05, 05:30 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I guess the cops need money these days.
And I thought I had it bad in Jersey for having to take off my tint film when I roll thru inspection.....
Sheesh.
Don't they have some terrorists to track down?

Quick Reply: Just Got A Ticket For Tinted Windows!