Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

East Coast SUPER MEET? SE meets NE. 2005? Some thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-04, 04:23 PM
LexFather

Default East Coast SUPER MEET? SE meets NE. 2005? Some thoughts?

Well the NE has gotten VERY strong recently and the SE is strong as well. The Dragon Tail Meet is more on our side of town (though it is WORTH the trip).
Imagine a SUPER MEET!!! This will also OWN our West coast brothers and sisters. We would try to choose a central location.

Your thoughts?

Old 07-22-04, 06:48 PM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ihave thought of this and boy would it be crazy. I would love to do something of this stature and am down for it.
Old 07-22-04, 06:59 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: East Coast SUPER MEET? SE meets NE. 2005? Some thoughts?

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Well the NE has gotten VERY strong recently and the SE is strong as well. The Dragon Tail Meet is more on our side of town (though it is WORTH the trip).
Imagine a SUPER MEET!!! This will also OWN our West coast brothers and sisters. We would try to choose a central location.

Your thoughts?
lexforlife asked this very questions many moons ago

i'm in

Last edited by T.L.W.; 07-23-04 at 08:58 AM.
Old 07-22-04, 09:15 PM
nk1983
Lead Lap

im down...maybe we can buy out a cupl floors of a hotel...hmmm ...

as far as location? i have no idea but im willing to travel pretty much whatever it takes...somewhere right smack in the middle id assume..
Old 07-22-04, 11:01 PM
LexFather

Well, it would be big. HUGE! Looking at a map, Virginia is center? Virginia Beach? Just throwing out ideas.

Make it a weekend event I would say, since it would be some good driving. Hmmmmmm

Old 07-22-04, 11:22 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Well, it would be big. HUGE! Looking at a map, Virginia is center? Virginia Beach? Just throwing out ideas.

Make it a weekend event I would say, since it would be some good driving. Hmmmmmm
Virginia Beach would be ideal.

-Anthony
Old 07-23-04, 05:46 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Virginia beach would be perfect, ah man this would be great if we could get people to do this.
Old 07-23-04, 06:42 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm with ya SICK on the idea of having a East Coast Lexus Extravaganza meet (just had to throw the name out) If we want to have the meet take place sometime in 2005 (I think that's an appropriate time), let's start making plans on it now as there will be more effort and involvement than a regular 20+ car meet. All of you NE peeps know me, I'll be glad to help out with the planning/organization if need be Deciding on a location somewhere in the middle of the East Coast is a great idea, like somewhere outside of Washington DC or Virginia Beach (waiting to hear feedback from those living in DC/MD/VA) It'll be just about even driving times for us coming from the NE and us coming from the SE. Booking rooms a hotel or two at discounted rates is another excellent idea, as it'll provide nice accommodations for those travelling from afar. I'm sure there are awesome driving routes near the Atlantic Ocean or within the Appalachians (if we're anywhere near them).

SICK, maybe you want to copy this link over to the SE forum later on and get others in the know.
Old 07-23-04, 07:18 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

I think CHARLOTTE is right in the middle

I think we should pick somewhere that there are already a bunch of CL members to help organize locally. We have a handful in the Tidewater / VA Beach area, but maybe not enough. If we did VA Beach we should also do offseason so we don't compete with the tourist crowds (and get much better rates).

I'd suggest we look into what some of the other larger car clubs have done for east coast megameets for location and events for ideas as well. Figure out what worked / didn't work for them.
Old 07-23-04, 09:46 AM
nk1983
Lead Lap

im pretty sure charlotte is alot further for us NE members...but hey if it has to be there im not saying no. Since a one day turaround wouldnt be great for our furtehr members I think we should stick with the hotel idea and get the count soon. Theres inevitably gonna be some guys who want one at the last mintue but the earlier we know the easier itll be for us to negotiate a decent group rate... of course ill do everything I can to aide in organization.
Old 07-23-04, 11:00 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Ya we should get cracking on this soon so we can really make it happen. Could you imagine the faces on tghe locals as they see 300 Lexus' invade their roads.lol
Old 07-23-04, 11:19 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

I also think this is an excellent idea. I would imagine it would be best to organize teams to handle the various facets of the meet such as:

Lodging
Meals and Entertainment- perhaps for a fee offer a packet that would include meal coupons at area restaraunts, etc
Venues (racetrack, airfield, etc etc)
Security (I dont think the run-of-the-mill hotel attendant will be good enough for the best Lexus vehicles the East has to offer)
Car transport- perhaps get one of master negotiators to work a deal with a transport company for our FLA/Canadamembers? At the very least work out something with Ryder for truck/trailer rentals

Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

Virgina Beach sounds just fine to me as well.
Old 07-23-04, 01:13 PM
ViKTORiOUS
Rookie

Can I join in??
Old 07-23-04, 01:15 PM
HotBlue400
Pole Position

VA Beach sounds good to me too.
Old 07-23-04, 01:25 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Car transport- perhaps get one of master negotiators to work a deal with a transport company for our FLA/Canadamembers?
I know I'm biased, but I would really like this idea best and if I could combine it with some vacation after I would definitely come out.

The idea of transporting my car down sounds better than sitting in it for 12+ hours. My butt still gets the chills when it remembers the 14 hour drive to NC last year!

Quick Reply: East Coast SUPER MEET? SE meets NE. 2005? Some thoughts?