Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

East Coast SUPER MEET? SE meets NE. 2005? Some thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-04, 05:48 PM
PJ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MIR is cool. Its a nice track. About an hour or so to the east of the city. Summit point is also an idea. But i wouldnt know the first thing about gettin track time. Just for reference. I live 15 min outside of DC (Tysons Corner). Summit point is about an hour or so west of there. Not so bad. And the park idea. I have been to many car bbq's and whatnot. Seneca Creek Park was one of my favorites. its a very nice park. Lots of space. DIfferent picnic areas to choose from if we wanted to do something like a sat or sunday cookout/meet&greet. Their going rate is $200/day for a 200 person shelter. Def not bad. Maybe we could even find a food sponsor . Seneca creek park is about 20 minutes northwest of the city (of I270 in MD). Their website can be found here .. ( http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclan...al/seneca.html ). THe local maxima club has had meets at Rock Creek Park (in Washington DC). It is possible to have a meet right in the middle of the city, but i dont know if anyone wants to do that. It may just be a hassle w/ traffic and whatnot.

Im still trying to find some more information. I've been to a car meet/bbq at Lake Fairfax (Reston, VA, about 25 min to the West of DC, towards dulles airport). If i recall correctly they only had one shelter, but were able to accomodate over 200 cars in the field, not to mention the other 100+ in an adjacent lot. There are many options. I will keep on looking.

As for other entertainment, in Sterling VA (near Dulles airport, about 25 min west of the city) is an indoor go-kart track. They do tournaments w/ trophys and all. Ive personally never been there, but i heard they use real racing suits and helmets so i assume it has to be not "kid-stuff". *Edit* here's the link to the indoor go kart place. ( http://www.allsportsgp.com/ ). Looks real cool. and its even available to rent the whole place, if we see fit. There is also a Dave & Busters ( www.daveandbusters.com ) in Rockville. MD ( 15 min nothwest of DC). This would provide a fun friday night welcome party location . Food, drinks, games....what more can u ask for .

Oh yeah, hotels are plentiful in the DC metro area. Closer you get to the city, seems like the prices just go up and up. Once we get an idea of where exactly we want to hold the meet, i can look into hotels and stuff.

Last edited by TSF_PJ; 10-12-04 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-12-04, 08:36 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by TSF_PJ
There is also a Dave & Busters ( www.daveandbusters.com ) in Rockville. MD ( 15 min nothwest of DC). This would provide a fun friday night welcome party location . Food, drinks, games....what more can u ask for .
I've been to that D&B before when I visited my friend in Bethesda, MD a couple years ago. It's absolutely a great place for familes and groups of friends to eat, drink, play some pool and arcade-style games, and basically have fun. I can see that place being our "nightcap" event for a Saturday night
Old 10-20-04, 05:36 AM
Wino_ii
Driver School Candidate

I apologize, but is there a post with all of the details for this event? I'd like to combine this with IS300.net members but I'm at work and don't have time to read through all 7 pages+

I would be able to bring close to 30-40 IS300s

Need Details:

When
Where
What
Who

Last edited by Wino_ii; 10-20-04 at 05:37 AM.
Old 10-21-04, 02:54 PM
Wino_ii
Driver School Candidate

2005 ehh??

Who is planning this thing?

Email me: wino_ii@yahoo.com
Old 10-21-04, 02:59 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally posted by Wino_ii
2005 ehh??

Who is planning this thing?

Email me: wino_ii@yahoo.com
Erik,

We're still working out the details of When Where What

The Who is simple. We want the entire east coast Lexus community to come together for this meet. I'd like to nail down the other pieces realistically by December so folks have at least 4 - 6 months of lead time to plan to come to this.
Old 10-21-04, 03:07 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Erik,

The Who is simple. We want the entire east coast Lexus community to come together for this meet. I'd like to nail down the other pieces realistically by December so folks have at least 4 - 6 months of lead time to plan to come to this.
And if it is about an 8 hour drive (wishful thinking on my part) from where I live, I would definitely attend.
Old 11-10-04, 08:01 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Bump. Hope everyone is still dreaming about the East Coast meet for next year
Old 11-20-04, 06:13 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I may actually be able to show up with a new Lexus toy by then....

This sounds great.. I would really love to meet a lot of the members here.
Old 11-20-04, 06:30 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Erik,

December

we better get moving on this then

what are al least some of the ideas ?

heres that map again

Old 11-20-04, 06:35 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Selfish request : Please make it less than 10 hours drive away from Oakville, Ontario, Canada!!! [begging]
Old 11-20-04, 06:50 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Ya we should get cracking on this here meet. Anything I can do to help?????

Where are we going to meet? Maybe we should set up a poll to determine the actual whereabouts???
Old 11-20-04, 07:19 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Hameed
Selfish request : Please make it less than 10 hours drive away from Oakville, Ontario, Canada!!! [begging]

where would a 10hr drive land you
Old 11-20-04, 07:19 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Guys I haven't forgotten about this, been making a few calls.

One question I have - if we do it during one of the months when some of our members are in school (or have kids in school) how many people will we lose? I'm leaning towards suggesting we do this late summer / early fall to let the area get a bit less humid and for the summer tourists and beach traffic to disperse. (Don't know if this means we push the Tail of the Dragon to spring this year... earlier run on the Dragon actually sounds pretty good).

Those of you in school/university or with kids. How will doing this in mid-September impact you?
Old 11-20-04, 08:58 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

hey guys it seems to me that atlanta area would more be dead center for everyone.. for us here in florida its about 10hr+ drive and from the tristate area its about 12hrs ..

for us to get to viginia its 14+ for us

any suggestions for jeff (lexis11 and sicklex ) earlier this year we were talking about atlanta for the event

just asking
Old 11-20-04, 02:03 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by lexforlife
hey guys it seems to me that atlanta area would more be dead center for everyone.. for us here in florida its about 10hr+ drive and from the tristate area its about 12hrs ..

for us to get to viginia its 14+ for us

any suggestions for jeff (lexis11 and sicklex ) earlier this year we were talking about atlanta for the event

just asking
Atlanta is a bit too far South IMO. It's over 14 hours from NY to get there and 18 hours from Boston.

I'd say Charlotte or Richmond are closest to center, but we want to have a big 'native population' of Lexus owners and we've settled on the general DC area.

Quick Reply: East Coast SUPER MEET? SE meets NE. 2005? Some thoughts?