Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

EuroPacific Summer Showoff (aka Lex/BMW/Benz part 2), June 13th 2004

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-04, 10:06 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Default EuroPacific Summer Showoff (aka Lex/BMW/Benz part 2), June 13th 2004

As most of you remember, the 1st meet (back in April 25th, pics found here) was a spectacular event to some extent, due to the unfortunate rain that drowned out the spirits of others. We received many wonderful feedback and comments though, saying that this idea of a luxury conglomerate meet is one of the best overall, and that hopefully we can do it again.

Well, this time, because of unwavering demand and the strong feeling of making up for the 1st meet, we are doing this meet again! It will be held at a bigger venue, Floyd Bennett Field (FBF), just off of Flatbush Ave. in Brooklyn NY. This location has the potential of holding 400+ cars, so as far as size and availability go, we pretty much got that part covered. Again, we are inviting all Lexus/BMW/Mercedes-Benz owners in this event, but also welcome others (just to name a few: Audi, Infiniti, Porsche). You know it guys and gals, it's THAT time to show-off your pride and joy in time for the summer!

As of 6/1/04, we have obtained an official permit to acquire spacing to hold our meet at the FBF facility. Certain ground rules (shown under the 'Rules of Conduct') will be implemented to ensure a safe meet for all attendees and that no one will get into any trouble with the FBF official(s) or law enforcement.

EVENT TITLE:
EuroPacific Summer Showoff 2004

DATE & TIME:
Sunday, June 13th. Arrive @ 1:00 PM
RAIN DATE: Sunday, June 27th

Floyd Bennett Field (empty historic airfield in southern Brooklyn)
Floyd Bennett Field,
Brooklyn, NY 11234-7098 (Yahoo map directions are here)

For those coming Staten Island, central/southern NJ and all pts south, take 278 East across the Verrazano Narrows Bridge, go east on the Belt Pkwy, take exit 11A (Flatbush Ave), continue along Flatbush Ave going away from Brooklyn. Take a left onto Aviation Rd. (it should be the last cross road you see before the tolls). This well-signed road will lead you to Floyd Bennett Field.

For those coming from the Bronx, Queens, Long Island and Brooklyn, take the Van Wyck Expwy towards JFK Airport to Belt Pkwy west, take exit 11A (Flatbush Ave), continue along Flatbush Ave going away from Brooklyn. Take a left onto Aviation Rd. (it should be the last cross road you see before the tolls). This well-signed road will lead you to Floyd Bennett Field.

For those coming from Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and all pts north, take 95 south across the Whitestone Bridge, connect with the Van Wyck Expwy, and follow directions for those coming from the NYC boroughs.

ROLL CALL:
1. lexusk8 = ES300
2. DGOT20s = GS400
3. MSBoy = BMW E46
4. aliga = SC300
5. vfab98m3 = BMW M3
6. EvgeshaIS300 = IS300
7. ViKTORiOUS = Benz CLK500
8. roberttran = LX470
9. ddarbs55 = GS300
10. NYBlkLex = GS300
11. Lexis11 = GS300
12. whitetezza = IS300
13. T.L.W. = GS400
14. gadgetSC = SC300
15. Mark = GS400
16. nextlevelcoupe = SC400
17. One HoT SC400 = SC400
18. Kendu14 = GS300
19. Batmanwcm = SC300
20. Stefwilli = LS400
21. Stefwilli's friend = ES300
22. Cadd = GS400
23. Cadd's friend (MAYBE) = BMW E36 M3
24. SC300Es = SC300
25. RNM GS3 = GS300
26. J_RoK = SC300 or GS400
27. Sleeper97 = SC300
28. EvgeshaIS300's co-worker (MAYBE) = 500 HP Dodge Charger
29. SUPRA OWNER = GS300
30. D-MAN63 (w/ Dave, Zaino rep) = GS300 + vintage Corvette
31. JiffyPop = GS400
32. wmulli = SC300
33. mikeyboy = GS300
34. VSsc400 (MAYBE) = SC400
35. GS430 GUY = GS430
36. FLiP Sp33d = ES300
37. amf1932 = ES300

SPONSORS & PRODUCT SUPPORT:

Zaino

RAFFLE INFO & RULES:
A total of 6 separate raffles will be held in the following breakdown:

1. Lexus (General)

2. Mercedes (General)

3. BMW E46 (General)
4. BMW E46 M3
5. BMW E36

6. General raffle for universal prizes.

* 3 ticket maximum per person. No exceptions.
* $1.00 per ticket

* Participants must purchase tickets for the raffle that represents the make of the car they own. Those tickets purchased will be reused in the general raffle for universal prizes.
* All prize winners MUST be present at the meet and during the raffle drawings. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule. If the holder of the winning ticket is not present, a redraw will be done.
* Raffle participants MAY NOT purchase tickets for other members.
* The raffle will not be limited to forum members, but we will require that ONLY BMW, Lexus and Mercedes OWNERS can participate, for obvious reasons. If there are any questions about this please PM DGOT20s, lexusk8, tommy @ mbworld.org, Viktorious, or MSBoy.
* Winners of raffle prizes will be asked to take a photo beside their car along with the prize won and a banner of the sponsor who donated the prize (if a banner is available).
* EVERYONE is REQUIRED to have FUN!

- Courtesy of Wendy from Autovisuals:
(1) gift certificate good for (1) Autovisuals paint pen and (1) bottle of Invisible Glass

- Courtesy of Sal Zaino from Zaino, Inc.:
(1) ZFX, (1) Z6, (1) Z7, (1) Z16

CLASSIFIEDS:
Everyone is certainly welcome to bring car-related items to sell to others interested, or WTB items. If you plan on doing so, it would help to make a post within this thread stating the item(s) you are bringing and selling at the meet, description, and asking price. In this manner, everyone can see what is going to be sold at the meet and can plan accordingly.

Cadd is looking to buy a set of 17" stock GS400 wheels.
SC300Es is selling a set of '97-'99 ES300 floormats, tan colored (PM him for price).

ViKTORiOUS is selling the following items:
* 12" Subwoofer enclosure = $60
* Rockford Fosgate Punch 100.2 Amplifier = $120
* Punch 250 Amplifier = $150

Lexis11 is selling the following items:
* Lsportline grille = $200
* used MTX 4 channel amplifier = $100

FOOD:
Everyone planning on attending is welcome to bring their own foods, drinks, snacks, appetizers, homemade desserts or bakeries, etc. Feel free to bring a reasonable quantity. The whole idea is not to make everyone obligated to bring certain foods or drinks to the meet since in the past meets we have observed that not everyone chows down at the meet (i.e. too busy "car-chatting", greeting people, etc.)

One of our coordinators, Tommy, will bring some sets of paper products (cups, plates, napkins), but any of you are welcome to bring those as well as plastic utensils.

There will be a sandwich/drink truck facilitating at the location of the meet that day, as well as possibly a hot dog and/or ice cream truck.

PLEASE take care of your own trash.

RULES OF CONDUCT:

Everyone please read the following!

(1) No speeding, erratic driving or racing- If there is any of this type of behavior, it will not be looked upon kindly. There is a great danger when a large number of vehicles are speeding on public roadways. The last thing we want to do is endanger the safety of our forum members, and that of people on the roads in general. This includes any overly aggressive swerving, cutting people off, etc. As there will be a few caravans en route to the meet, there could be potential for catastrophe if someone decides to do their best "Fast and Furious" impression. Maintaining a safe speed on the road and not tailgating other cars can easily reduce this.

***IMPORTANT NOTICE***
AFTER ALL CARS ARE PARKED, THERE WILL BE NO DRIVING AROUND THE FIELD
, the FBF office was very adamant about this being a STATIC DISPLAY (i.e. no driving, racing, etc etc within the grounds). Although there is a lot of space available, FBF does not have the emergency support, staff or equipment to safely facilitate ANY type of racing. It has been made clear that any type of speeding or erractic driving while on the premises will result in the meet being disbanded. The authorities will also be notified. These rules MUST be adhered to with no exceptions.

(2) No Loud Music, Burnouts, Excessive Revving- Since we are going to be gathering in a public area, we will most likely be under much scrutiny from park security and local law enforcement. This meet could be ended very quickly with a "loud music" call to the police. The same holds true for excessive revving, burnouts, etc. The organizers of this meet understand that there will be people present that have EXTENSIVE audio/visual mods done to their rides, and want to showcase them. We fully understand and endorse that, but ask that you keep your demonstration short and sweet to avoid any unwanted attention. Those with exhaust mods, will be asked to do the same, just a couple revs to "show what 'cha got" not sitting there bumping against the rev limiter. Burnouts/donuts, etc will simply NOT be tolerated at this
meet.

(3) No Cross Brand flames- This meet has great potential to birth a wealth of hybrid meets/collaborations in the future. This could be a networking opportunity of great proportions! Just think of all the tuners, shops, online resources, etc. that could be shared amongst 3 premiere luxury vehicle groups! The last thing we want to do is let a few snide comments undermine this effort. The fact of the matter is, we all drive what we drive for a reason, that reason being solely important to us as individuals, let's respect that decision across ALL brands. No matter what, WE ALL STILL LOVE OUR CARS! So let's leave any pre-conceived notions at home and come with an open mind and respect for each other and have a GREAT TIME!

Coordinators:
lexusk8 (Doug)
DGOT20s (Derrick)
MSBoy (Ron)
tommy (Tom from mbworld.org)
Viktorious (Vik from mbworld.org)

Please provide your input and requests along with sponsors you would like to see represent at this meet! Also, please spread the word and most importantly, bring yourself and your HOT CAR to this very unique and fun event! You are also welcome to bring interested friends or family to this event, as this will guaranteed to be a fun day for everyone

- From your coordinators,
Doug, Derrick, Ron, Tom and Vik

Last edited by lexusk8; 06-12-04 at 07:43 AM.
Old 05-18-04, 10:12 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys,

I look forward to seeing everyone again, there were so many nice cars at the last meet, that I didnt get to check out.

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 05-18-04 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-18-04, 11:05 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

im in + my buddy with the m3(vfab98m3).
Old 05-18-04, 12:28 PM
EvgeshaIS300
Lexus Test Driver

if i'm back from TBKO on time i'm in.
here you go:
Old 05-18-04, 03:53 PM
ViKTORiOUS
Rookie

Good looks you guys! Can't wait to see everyone again! I put the ad up on the MBWorld forums if you dont mind. You can check it out here. http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...990#post713990
Old 05-19-04, 07:09 AM
EvgeshaIS300
Lexus Test Driver

for people who want to see what this place looks like
here is a link to ClubLexus Nov10 2002 FBF event.

and preview for lazy people who dont want to click:

now you know you cant miss this one

Last edited by EvgeshaIS300; 05-19-04 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-19-04, 02:33 PM
BkLexZ
Pole Position

Flyoyd Benett Field is a great place for a meet the last few times we had it there was nice. Unfortunately on June 13 I will be in Las Vegas, so unless it rains I ll have to miss it.
Old 05-19-04, 03:39 PM
roberttran
Pole Position

Count me and my LX in! (^_^)
This is perfect since I leave for Hong Kong the day after.

-Robert
Old 05-19-04, 04:04 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by roberttran
Count me and my LX in! (^_^)
This is perfect since I leave for Hong Kong the day after.

-Robert
can i give you a shopping list
Old 05-19-04, 04:54 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Evgeshal, very nice flyer man, good work.
Old 05-19-04, 05:27 PM
ddarbs55
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

yeah, baby! 400 slots. plenty of cars to hide my stock gs amongst.
i'll be there. maybe this time i can actually meet some people
instead of dodging rain drops.
Old 05-20-04, 06:19 PM
NYBlkLex
Pole Position

Put me on the list ....I'm there!!!

I have plenty of stock parts for sale.
Old 05-21-04, 05:35 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

I'm in this is going to be great. Can't wait to caravan down again Doug!
Old 05-21-04, 09:21 AM
whitetezza
Driver School Candidate

im in!!

hopefully i can get back from the tbko meet the day before as well.....
Old 05-21-04, 09:29 AM
EvgeshaIS300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DGOT20s
Evgeshal, very nice flyer man, good work.
thanks. i have one for almost every meet in my galery.

and i posted this on IS300.NET also

Quick Reply: EuroPacific Summer Showoff (aka Lex/BMW/Benz part 2), June 13th 2004