Northeast For events in Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia

BENT rim. Where to fix in N.Y

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-03, 04:53 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BENT rim. Where to fix in N.Y

Anyone? It's a volk sf challenge rim. I heard that some shops won't fix rims with polished lip because it's too much of a hassle. I hate N.Y roads.
Old 12-22-03, 09:03 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

try poor freddies on merrick blvd.
Old 12-22-03, 11:31 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

lol how is this place? have you ever been there? sounds a bit shady
Old 12-23-03, 06:31 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

I had a 99 porsche 911 18" bent wheel repaired there about 2 years ago.

For the price I recommend them, you can find them on switchboard.com

Here is the address:

12810 Merrick Blvd
Jamaica, NY 11434-3424 Phone: (718) 250-0703

Last edited by aliga; 12-23-03 at 06:32 AM.
Old 01-01-04, 10:53 AM
Jackco711
Pole Position

Default Funzo's

Theres a place called Funzo's in Bklyn. Dont have the specifics where exactly it is. They def repair bent rims. Think it's by Flushing Ave??

Jack
Old 01-01-04, 11:27 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by mrshabo
lol how is this place? have you ever been there? sounds a bit shady
This place is pretty good, the last time I was there (last summer) a guy with a SL500 was repairing bends/cracks in ALL 4 of his Brabus 20" wheels

He said he is there all the time!!! ( I think he needs some smaller wheels)
Old 01-01-04, 01:14 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

i'll give it a try. have any of you heard if best tire is good for fixing rims? i need to get the scratches removed now too because i told my friend to bring it to a shop (wheels of america). They did a bad job and on top of that they scratched up his rims. He didn't give my rims to them because of the poor work they did on his rims. He returned them to my house while i wasn't there and it fell on the floor face first. I have scratches all over my new rims... Plus a big dent.... Just my luck huh?
Old 01-04-04, 03:48 PM
Jackco711
Pole Position

Default Address and tel #

Funsa's 2624 atlantic ave 718-485-8888
Whitey's 3395 atlantic ave 718-277-3000
Old 01-05-04, 08:57 PM
Jackco711
Pole Position

So I bent two rims going over a HUGE pothole front right and rear right.... having them dropped off by Whitey's tomorrow. He said between 50 and 80 to fix. Will let u guys know if this is a good place to go.
Old 01-08-04, 04:59 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

Here's my story:

I got these RH M6s. One had a crack on the lip. Pretty big one. I called up places in California and Texas. They both said send it in, we'll look at it. So I decided to go local. DGOT's been talking about Poor Freddies. I went there Tuesday. They were really helpful. I spoke to Jazz(sp?) He said he works with T & C Auto accross the street for welding. Terrance at T & C said if Freddies can straighten the wheel he would be able to weld it. Here's the problem. The crack is right by the spokes, and they can't fit the machine by it. Again, they were very nice.

I drove down Atlantic Ave to Whitey's. The guy there looked at it for a second and told me it can't be done. The wheel is junk.

I continued driving and ended up at Funsa. He gave me 75% he would be able to fix it, but mentioned it's going to be hard cuz of where the crack is.

Well, I picked it up today. It looks pretty good. The finish on the wheel is not perfect. It looks dull, but I'm just happy it is fixed. I'll just try to polish it myself. It cost $85.00+ tax. I also got centering rings for $40.00

If you have any problems, try this place. I'd recommend it.

Ed
Old 01-19-04, 06:09 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Got some pics SC300Es? I saw pics of your wheels when it was cracked.
Old 01-20-04, 01:15 PM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation CENTERING RINGS

SC300es I hope you got metal centering rings -

because $40 is "thru the roof" for centering rings!
Old 01-27-04, 01:00 AM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

well i just wanted to let u guys know what happened with my rim. i decided to go to best tire on northern blvd and they fixed it for me for 160. this was just to fix the bend on my rim. if you guys remember my rim got scratched so the lip was all busted up. well when they sent the rim in to get the bend fixed they told me that the lip might crack and look even worse, but at least the rim will be straight. i had no other choice but to agree and have them send it in. (the rim had to be sent out, i believe it was sent to cali). After that shop fixed my rim they threw it on the floor and scratched up my rim more.... Someone at best tire decided to have my rim sent out and get the lip repolished again for free. I was very happy with the results of the rim, although it isn't perfect, it came out looking almost like new. I would recommend best tire but i honestly don't know if they would do this for everyone. They do quality work but are very expensive. Goodluck everyone with your rims. I found out that i put a little dent on the front driver side rim. Hopefully it doesn't get worse because i really don't trust rim repair shops. I have seen how they treat the rims that are sent in. I was at Wheels of America in Long Island N.Y and the guys there are just chucking the rims on the floor like they aren't worth anything. There were rims from benz, chrome rims, silver polished rims... everything. Most rims were very expensive and seeing them being thrown around like that made me turn away from them immediately. Sadly i think all places are like this and i wouldn't trust any of them...
Old 02-13-05, 10:53 AM
CaMsGS3
Lead Lap

Well it looks like after 3 years with these rims I finally manage to bend one........anyone recommend a place other then the ones listed in this thread........i might give fixrim a try

You guys think I can bang this into place my self with a mallot or something
Attached Thumbnails BENT rim.  Where to fix in N.Y-dsc02192-medium-.jpg  
Old 02-13-05, 12:14 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

i would take it to freddies.

Quick Reply: BENT rim. Where to fix in N.Y