North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

Thinking of relocating to the Dallas area, a few questions for locals?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-17, 11:24 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Thinking of relocating to the Dallas area, a few questions for locals?

Hey guys I plan on visiting the Dallas-Fort Worth area this summer.

How is the car scene in this area? My dad is in the autobody (welding, collision repair, frame work) business and I am in the high-end detailing business here in the Chicago area.

Can someone list some reputable large body shops in the area that do exotic cars,etc. (he currently works for one of the top body shops here that is an authorized Lamborghini,Ferrari, Rolls-Royce facility) and looking to find similar work?

Eventually, I will most likely be opening either my own business or a sub-branch of the detail shop I currently work at (also top rated in the Chicago area and one of the "go to" places for PPF, paint correction, and coatings for high end cars).

Just trying to get some local input about high-rated detailing shops and body shops as far as finding work, etc.

I am okay with up to an hour commute to Dallas so I am looking at a pretty wide area.

Thank you guys.
Old 01-22-17, 02:08 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Dallas area dealers pump out some of the largest quantities of luxury cars around the country. For perspective, the 4th and 5th highest volume Lexus dealers in the country are located here in the metroplex (Sewell and Park Place.)

One of the dealership groups, Park Place, has a large body shop called "Bodywerks" that performs cosmetic work on any Luxury/Supercar. Another great collision shop (albeit slow on the turnaround time) is called Details LTD. located in Plano. There are a couple of mobile detailers I can think of that do great work (one gentleman is named ScottWax IIRC), but no brick and mortar shops that I could truly trust bringing my car to.

Be sure to let me know when you plan on visiting so that we can coordinate a get together for a chance to meet some of the local NTL'ers. They may be able to shed more light on the topic. Also, we do have a Facebook page with 400+ members here.
Old 01-24-17, 01:58 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

The Boardwalk Ferrari Annual Spring Concorso Supercar Show.

Attachment 386188