North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

Local options [Houston area]

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-16, 08:44 AM
boyettexan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Local options [Houston area]

hi all just got 08 Red and White and trying to do little by little upgrades any tips and direction where to go local shops here in houston and surrounding areas from installation to parts so far have a quote from muffler shop to put a louder sound (meineke) suggested flowmaster than magnaflow with new tips for $500 also tint 2ply 5yrs warranty solarguard for $150 appreciate all your help...BTW love all the mods of headlight and custom bumpers.
Old 01-29-16, 08:57 AM
aj289
Driver School Candidate

I recommend going to a place that offers lifetime warranty that has been in business for a while; even if it costs you a bit more.

I have a place in southern CA that I've taken a few cars to, including the IS. They've been in business over 10 years and offer Johnson films with lifetime warranty. I've had the tint on the IS for 6 years now and it still looks like new.

I say this because tint removal is a pain and if it bubbles, fades or peels after 5 years, it's going to cost you a lot more to redo.

I had my old Nissan tinted by a 'discount' shop and they did a terrible job; residue everywhere and film started to warp (I'm 90% positive it was solar guard). They offered a lifetime warranty but went out of business a few years later... I had to remove the tint myself. Not fun.
Old 01-30-16, 04:36 AM
boyettexan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aj289
I recommend going to a place that offers lifetime warranty that has been in business for a while; even if it costs you a bit more.

I have a place in southern CA that I've taken a few cars to, including the IS. They've been in business over 10 years and offer Johnson films with lifetime warranty. I've had the tint on the IS for 6 years now and it still looks like new.

I say this because tint removal is a pain and if it bubbles, fades or peels after 5 years, it's going to cost you a lot more to redo.

I had my old Nissan tinted by a 'discount' shop and they did a terrible job; residue everywhere and film started to warp (I'm 90% positive it was solar guard). They offered a lifetime warranty but went out of business a few years later... I had to remove the tint myself. Not fun.
ok i might need to go further now here in my place there is only one shop for tint in 20 mile radius
thanks