North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

Sewell Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-12, 12:09 PM
bencronin
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sewell Dallas

I know most of you all know this, but I just wanted to put this out here for people on the fence. I picked up a 2011 IS 350 from Sewell Dallas last year. I've dealt with places like Park Place Mercedes before, and although helpful, nothing compared to the my wife was treated at Sewell today. She brought in my car due to the dead pedal breaking this morning. 1st, they let her know that the pedal was not in stock, but they could get in her in loaner car. My wife currently has an old Kia and we are looking to get her into something nicer and larger since we recently had a kiddo. She asked if they had any SUV's she could try and they offered to loan her a RX or a GX. She took the RX due to the size. She went to get some boxes and the car seat out of my car and the gentlemen at Sewell said, "absolutely not ma'am. Let us get those for you." They installed the seat and moved everything over for her. She also did not have her insurance on her so they showed her how to pull it up online. Shortly after she left, happy but soon remembered she had left the garage door opener. Drove back to the dealer and they didn't even have her get out of the car. They brought it right out to her sitting in the car. This company has more then earned my respect and business from here on out. WAY TO GO SEWELL!!!!
Old 12-31-12, 03:00 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Sewell is fantastic. It blows Park Place out of the water any day of the week.
Old 12-31-12, 04:54 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

That's consistent with my personal experiences at the Sewell dealerships and with what I've heard from others' personal experiences. Sewell rocks.
Old 01-02-13, 12:02 PM
ShawnD
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's a Park Place?

SEWELL FTW!!!!
Old 01-02-13, 01:41 PM
bencronin
Rookie

A little disappointing. Sewell just called and said the mechanic couldn't do it under warranty now.....under 50K miles, not even 2 years old. Not sure why it isn't, due to multiple people on this forum having theirs replaced up to 3 times under warranty.

Last edited by bencronin; 01-02-13 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-02-13, 06:15 PM
bencronin
Rookie

After making a FB post on their page, the Service Manager called me directly to tell me they were taking care of the issue. They are back in my good graces. This is the Sewell Lexus I remember!
Old 01-03-13, 04:40 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Every company will make mistakes, it's how they fix them that make us want to work with them in the future or not.
Old 01-04-13, 07:48 AM
bencronin
Rookie

Exactly. Because of the way the service manager stepped up and took care of business we will be purchasing either a GX or GS from Sewell later this year for the wife.
Old 02-27-13, 08:41 PM
NtenseIsF
Driver School Candidate

Sewell of Dallas customer service tops all of the other dealers that I've been to.
Old 04-07-13, 09:24 AM
BigDTexas
Driver School Candidate

Default Glad you like our service!

We take great pride in making sure the experience is great from the moment you walk into our building. Our goal is to treat you as if you were a guest in our own home. Customers for life is our motto!
Old 04-10-13, 03:00 PM
chuvy
Driver School Candidate

and i thought park place had good service. guess i have to try out sewell
Old 11-20-13, 06:31 AM
KMAI0605
Driver School Candidate

Yeah most dealerships lexus or not honestly try to model their dealership like Sewell. I had a recall done there not long ago and they gave me a loaner and filled my tank up when I came to pick up my car. The way they answer the phone and treat you over the phone is awesome as well. As a service advisor myself I really try to model them as much as possible.
Old 11-22-13, 01:40 PM
Sampak
Pole Position

Just a random Fun Fact: Park Place Dealerships has been in the top 5 among the 'large' business category in a top 100 list of best places work in DFW. Surprisingly Sewell was not anywhere on that list. I wonder if Sewell never entered that competition on purpose or PP paid someone really well LOL.
Old 12-06-13, 01:37 PM
Rayne
Driver School Candidate

We had a great experience w them recently we were driving thru the night before thanksgiving they were closing within 10 mins. The very nice parts guy stayed and cut our keys for us no questions asked he was great. We will def. remember that in the future.
Old 12-18-13, 07:30 PM
JellyBean
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I have to chime in. I just bought our third Lexus from Sewell Dallas and I’m still amazed how they removed the stress from the car buying process: no BS, no hard sells, and learned sales and maintenance people. Bottom line is they deeply respect my time. Give them a try: you’ll be left incredulous.

PS: To give you an idea of how their service department works, search the 2GS sub-forum for a 2005 thread and my comments how Sewell Dallas fixed my 2001 GS430 and its elusive throttle pedal position sensor.

Quick Reply: Sewell Dallas