North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

Has anyone here ever used Invisibra for a clear bra?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-12, 08:36 AM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Has anyone here ever used Invisibra for a clear bra?

www.invisibra.net

I've read some pretty good reviews, and they seem to do good work from what I can tell, but it would be nice if someone here had first-hand experience. I'm also trying to figure out if they use Xpel protection film since I've read that's a good film to use.

The main drawback here from what I can tell is that they are effing EXPENSIVE. Would cost nearly $1400 for the full hood, full fenders, bumper, and side mirrors.

If no one has any experience with this shop, any other recommendations?
Old 08-07-12, 08:46 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have thew 3M Clear bra on my 12 GX, Cost about $750.00 installed at the dealer. They did about 1/4 of the hood, 1/4 of the front fenders, complete front bumper and both mirrors. My mother has a 2009 ES with the same and you can see spots all over it where it stopped rocks etc. and saved the paint. (She is a tailgater)
Old 08-07-12, 09:54 PM
Nick88
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did a clear sheld from Park Place Lexus on my 13 GS, they had to do it twice to get it right, and still now it's not perfect, a few area where the sheld is peeling off. Hard to find a good place to get it done.
Old 08-08-12, 01:11 PM
caveman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had my 2012 X5 clear bra'd there in Feb of this year. Norm is the owner and he does great work.
he hand cuts all installs [no machine templates] so all the pieces are either edge wrapped or to the very end of the panel. the clear bra install on my GS300 seems amateur compared to Norm's.

as for film, i had the Nano Fusion film installed. i believe he also has other films but really prefers the Nano Fusion. it hasn't been that long but i've been happy with the film so far. it feels much smoother than the 3M film i had previously.

the shop also paid for a 1 day enterprise rental so i could drop off the car go back and pick it up once it's done in the afternoon.

and as you mentioned, the pricing is high compared to other shops...but most other shops install pre-cut templates and those tend to install in shorter amount of time.
Old 08-08-12, 03:38 PM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by caveman
i had my 2012 X5 clear bra'd there in Feb of this year. Norm is the owner and he does great work.
he hand cuts all installs [no machine templates] so all the pieces are either edge wrapped or to the very end of the panel. the clear bra install on my GS300 seems amateur compared to Norm's.

as for film, i had the Nano Fusion film installed. i believe he also has other films but really prefers the Nano Fusion. it hasn't been that long but i've been happy with the film so far. it feels much smoother than the 3M film i had previously.

the shop also paid for a 1 day enterprise rental so i could drop off the car go back and pick it up once it's done in the afternoon.

and as you mentioned, the pricing is high compared to other shops...but most other shops install pre-cut templates and those tend to install in shorter amount of time.
That is a dead-on review of Norm; if you're looking for a job to be done great and perfect, that's the place to get it done at. Just call and ask to come by and see his work.
Old 08-08-12, 07:44 PM
PTmobile
Driver

Norm does good work. He is currently installign Suntek film... which is the same I use. Nano Fusion isnt being produced right now so its not available.
Old 08-09-12, 06:01 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for all the input guys. I guess Norm's pricing makes some more sense now. So I guess Xpel isn't actually any better than Nano Fusion or Suntek?
Old 08-12-12, 10:40 PM
FMYLIFE
Rookie

Speed Shield USA in Addison.

Trey does phenomenal work, as evidenced by all the exotic car owners that trust their cars with him. I've stopped by his shop and I was very impressed.

http://www.speedshieldusa.com/
Old 08-29-12, 07:02 PM
VSL-F
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm picking up a new 2013 LX 570 on friday and I'm having Norm at Invisibra install full clearbra on Monday. He is expensive but I like the fact that he has 16 years experience and personally installs it himself. Also, he doesn't use precut kits which I personally think look horrible. He wraps all the edges. I will let you know how the install turns out and post some pics if you like.