North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

Haven't been terribly active lately but my lady was totaled so....

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-12, 06:39 PM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haven't been terribly active lately but my lady was totaled so....

I must bid y'all farewell. I'm sticking with toyota in general but I'm going the complete opposite way and purchased an FJ cruiser that I plan on modding up. It will however be mods to make it more "tough" not flashy like before.

My very extensive A/V setup (not an option to ship and small market for it since it will not allow for any cargo space in trunk) will soon be posted in the classifieds. Non damaged. It will be extremely negotiable for a local buyer.

This is not a classified ad. It is, however, aimed at gathering interest from locals. I'm hoping that a farewell post format is sufficient to not be disallowed as a 'classified' ad in local forums.

My lexus experience was a love/hate relationship. I loved the car. All my mods brought a lot of joy and also a lot of headaches. being so modified it also caused some tension with a few local places who did work on it that i was displeased with. That, in turn, helped me learn to take matters into my own hands and I am less afraid to tackle things myself. I'm a pretty picky person and i believe the saying "if you want it done right, do it yourself" is indeed quite true. There were some things I wouldnt mess with (electronics etc.) but it was en extremely valuable learning experience. Thanks to any of you who helped me and/or inspired me.

All in all it was a good journey. I wish I had not been about 3 months away from paying off the vehicle (a year early) before such an accident but what's done is done and so far i'm enjoying not worrying about hitting anything on the road . I actually drove my new ride through some fields and down some rough gravel roads and holy crapola it was nice to not worry about anything!! Odd timing because being so close to paying it off I was already planning on getting an SUV so that i could drive this less and only in ideal conditions. I'm not thrilled to commit to more reasonably high car payments for an other few years but....once the new car (well, lightly used) is paid off I'll then be back to seeing out something small, faster, and flashy. Gosh, who knows....maybe the economy will collapse or the apocalypse might happen before then. If it does at least I'll be able to drive off-road to get to high ground

adios amigos! Forgive me if I dont reply to this thread. I'm already hard at work with plans for the new FJ
Attached Thumbnails Haven't been terribly active lately but my lady was totaled so....-2photo.jpg   Haven't been terribly active lately but my lady was totaled so....-3photo.jpg   Haven't been terribly active lately but my lady was totaled so....-4photo.jpg   Haven't been terribly active lately but my lady was totaled so....-2q_640.jpg   Haven't been terribly active lately but my lady was totaled so....-2g_640.jpg  

Last edited by patrick323; 01-01-12 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-02-12, 10:17 AM
VPIS350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember you and this car very well from CCM7 in 2010. So sad to see this happen. But good to see your ok and have a nice FJ to drive now.
Old 01-02-12, 04:52 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was this the car with the red trunk set up?
Old 01-08-12, 05:44 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Poor car
Old 01-16-12, 09:03 AM
patrick323
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it's a bummer. BUT....i'm ready for something more well rather LESS fragile. I have big plans for the new FJ.

yes, it was red....it was recently all painted a flat black. I had the trunk equipment disassembled and in my garage when accident happened. I also was able to salvage cabin speakers/custom mounts and a few things. Posting in classifieds today (taking offers despite what price I list) for local buyers.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is2...ml#post6948740

Last edited by patrick323; 01-16-12 at 09:52 AM.