North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

Spring/Summer 2011 - Let's Meet!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-11, 10:08 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Spring/Summer 2011 - Let's Meet!

It's a Monday and I want a place to hang with NTL bros on Mondays.
There's no RK meet. Is there any other meet going on where we can hang, or are we gonna have to pick a place of our own?

The same goes for Wednesday nights...

Tuesday nights are just right for the Wild West meet in Arlington, a quicker trip for the Far East contingent, thanks to the PGBT-->161-->360 route.

Going to meets is a habitual sort of thing...most of us are outta the habit.
Old 02-21-11, 08:15 PM
GHSER7
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any good places between Frisco and Arlington? There's seems to not be any meets up this way aside from the Cars and Coffee meet. I have yet to even hit a worth while meet yet myself since being in the Dallas area. Went to two supposid meets a few weeks back which were a flop. They were a far drive, just haven't really felt like driving far for nothing. I'd love to meet some people out here. We had a huge Lexus crew back in South Florida.
Old 02-22-11, 09:58 AM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Cool

Originally Posted by GHSER7
any good places between Frisco and Arlington? There's seems to not be any meets up this way aside from the Cars and Coffee meet. I have yet to even hit a worth while meet yet myself since being in the Dallas area. Went to two supposid meets a few weeks back which were a flop. They were a far drive, just haven't really felt like driving far for nothing. I'd love to meet some people out here. We had a huge Lexus crew back in South Florida.
Howdy, GHSER7! We're glad you're hanging out in Texas with us now.

Last season and previous years: Our local meets used to include a STRONG showing at a Plano Wednesday night multi-site/multi-brand meet. The Plano Wednesday meet was always the anchor get-together for this group in its current and previous iterations. It was probably the closest thing we had to an all-cars scene (like the garage scene in "Tokyo Drift" *lol*) on a regular basis.

In addition to that we've had decent to great participation in past Monday night RiceKiller meets.

We've also participated in a Thursday night meet in McKinney hit and miss.

A good number of the NTL guys got together at the Plano Superbowl on Sunday nights around 9PM.

We also used to have at least two major Lexus-centered meets, usually at a restaurant followed by a drive. Gato/Giovanni arranged for us to have a few of those at Coco Tan out near DFW Airport.

We've had, and currently have, such a good group of no attitude non-butthead folks that we enjoy hanging out even when it's not meet-, show- or other event-centered.

Since then we've had a HUGE number of our NTL "halo cars" down (due to repairs, upgrades, etc.). A lot of the halo car owners who're down (off the top of my head: JeffTsai, 1QWKLEX, SlvrBoolet, Matador, BCS300TT, etc.) happen to be our frequent meet participants AND they tend to be the cars other folks come out to see. We've got some other benchmark cars & owners who don't make a lot of the regular meets but we see them at the major shows (Gato, Waijai, JunJDM) and quarterly/biannual Lexus meets, since they're very involved with show teams like 16niss, etc.

Couple that with the fact that this fall it got BONE COLD outside and folks hibernated for their winter naps.

Now:
  1. The Monday night RiceKiller meet is down (I think).
  2. There's an ACTIVE Tuesday night meet of NTL in Arlington headed up by DangBay.
  3. The Wednesday night major Plano meet splintered into several with varying levels of overall and NTL participation.
  4. There are a few minor Thursday night meets with little/no NTL participation.
  5. Friday and Saturday are fairly blank, except for the once-a-month Cars & Coffee meets.
  6. Sunday night bowling's been more off than on lately.
I think it's going to be a matter of setting up and actively participating in our own meets instead of waiting on the return of organized multi-site/multi-brand meets.

My MINI group (MetroplexMINI.com) has weekly "Happy Hours" that are set in stone (location, day, time-wise) by region, and folks just know they can show up and enjoy themselves - and participation is great. I think the NTL Tuesday night meet is a good similar setup for the regular Wild West members (and other NTLers who want to show). We just need another one out in the Far East now. The other more major quarterly meets will grow out of this active participation and enthusiasm.
Old 02-22-11, 02:17 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

ya i missing the car meets need to get some organized.
Old 02-22-11, 05:45 PM
GHSER7
Lead Lap

Wow! Thank you for that very informative post! If i know there's a meet with a bunch of the NTL guys going, I'd love to go too and meet up!
Old 02-22-11, 05:51 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Just get the North DFW meet going. Somewhere in the Plano/Frisco/Mckinney area. I think we have a decent amount of members within that area. I'm usually won't be able to make it on Mondays unless we do a late meet(8-9pm or later), but all the other days are fine. Everyone post up your time schedules lol.
Old 02-22-11, 08:27 PM
AndyG
Pole Position

I'm down for whatever's fun, can we try for something near Carrolton/Lewisville/Frisco even? I work from home building websites so my schedule is open as it can be.
Old 02-22-11, 08:34 PM
GHSER7
Lead Lap

Sounds like alot of Frisco area people... lol Well, I'm down to try something for Wed or Thursday night in the area.....maybe 9-9:30ish and on.

Since I'm new to the area, I dunno of that many good spots to chill and not be bothered. Hopefully some one else could chime in and help. Unless, it'd be easier for people to head to the Wed night Plano area meet?
Old 02-22-11, 09:13 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im down for something. Monday nights after 9pm are fine, otherwise wed/thurs after like 6pm are usually good. You guys wanna start with just meeting up at a restaurant to get re-acquainted? Oh yeah, not sure how welcome we are but the Supra guys have a weekly wed night meet at Snuffers in Addison.
Old 02-23-11, 11:24 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm down for a meet and would do my best to make it whenever it is. I'm a doctoral student so my schedule changes roughly every 10 weeks, making it a little difficult but not impossible to make meets all the time. I'd like to get reacquainted and hang out again
Old 02-28-11, 07:38 PM
Trevstuh
Lexus Test Driver

I'm still a lexus owner at heart, I'm down to show my face.
Old 03-01-11, 06:52 PM
waijai
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I usually make it out to a Wednesday night Lee's Sandwiches meet in Garland, will probably be out there tomorrow.

I'm down, haven't really made a Lexus meet since I got my Lexus. I think I made more back when I had my G35.
Old 03-03-11, 10:02 AM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by waijai
I usually make it out to a Wednesday night Lee's Sandwiches meet in Garland, will probably be out there tomorrow.

I'm down, haven't really made a Lexus meet since I got my Lexus. I think I made more back when I had my G35.
ya i always saw the g35 havent ever seen the LS