North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

Wheel Repair

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-11, 02:59 PM
nfxnet
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Repair

Anyone know of good place in DFW (Dallas/Fort Worth) to repair curb rash on OEM wheels?
Old 01-06-11, 08:06 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I used Wheel Technologies to repair my stock IS-F wheels when I had a bit of curb rash on them. They did an excellent job, were extremely fast and even color matched the wheel perfectly. I would give them a shout

http://www.wheeltechnologies.com/
Old 01-06-11, 08:22 AM
nfxnet
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BigMikeISF
I used Wheel Technologies to repair my stock IS-F wheels when I had a bit of curb rash on them. They did an excellent job, were extremely fast and even color matched the wheel perfectly. I would give them a shout

http://www.wheeltechnologies.com/
How many inches was your curb rash and what was cost?
Old 01-06-11, 12:17 PM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

The cost will be different since you're in the Dallas area (where their main repair facility is) and I was in Austin. It took two days to have it shipped, fixed and shipped back to me when I lived elsewhere. The curb rash was around 3/4ths of the wheel. The wheel had to be fixed and completely repainted to match the F wheels. If I remember correctly, it was roughly $150. Don't quote me on that price, I'm happy to see if I can find the receipt for you.
Old 01-07-11, 08:18 AM
nfxnet
Driver School Candidate

The cost will be different since you're in the Dallas area (where their main repair facility is) and I was in Austin. It took two days to have it shipped, fixed and shipped back to me when I lived elsewhere. The curb rash was around 3/4ths of the wheel. The wheel had to be fixed and completely repainted to match the F wheels. If I remember correctly, it was roughly $150. Don't quote me on that price, I'm happy to see if I can find the receipt for you.
Dont worry bout receipt, I just wanted to make sure it wasnt $500+ Also, do you mind me asking how you came about that place? Why you chose that one over others? I appreciate your opinion and responses, thx.
Old 01-07-11, 10:35 AM
BigMikeISF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nfxnet
Dont worry bout receipt, I just wanted to make sure it wasnt $500+ Also, do you mind me asking how you came about that place? Why you chose that one over others? I appreciate your opinion and responses, thx.
I am very, very particular about who touches and does work on my car. If it's not me, it has to be someone I trust (that's why I go to the same tech, same personnel and only the top, highly recommended shops). I received their information from a buddy who said they did excellent work and were fairly quick in both response and in getting the proper work completed. I wanted a shop who could color match the wheel to the F color perfectly and make sure it was done right (so that you couldn't tell it was ever repaired). The guy at wheeltechnologies told me not to worry and within a few days, the curb wheel was fixed perfectly, color matched properly and returned to me. If I curb another wheel, I'll be going back to them without a doubt. Hope this helps.
Old 01-08-11, 07:42 AM
nfxnet
Driver School Candidate

I am very, very particular about who touches and does work on my car. If it's not me, it has to be someone I trust (that's why I go to the same tech, same personnel and only the top, highly recommended shops). I received their information from a buddy who said they did excellent work and were fairly quick in both response and in getting the proper work completed. I wanted a shop who could color match the wheel to the F color perfectly and make sure it was done right (so that you couldn't tell it was ever repaired). The guy at wheeltechnologies told me not to worry and within a few days, the curb wheel was fixed perfectly, color matched properly and returned to me. If I curb another wheel, I'll be going back to them without a doubt. Hope this helps.
Wow, they sound great!! My curb rash is only 1in, but I will be going there today. Your opinion helped me a lot, thanks for taking the time!
Old 01-10-11, 01:56 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rashed the entire outside of my chrome lip when boost hit pretty hard and the entire rear end went sideways. I need to get it fixed sometime soon.
Old 01-11-11, 06:46 AM
redclaw05
Rookie

i got a wheel repair guy that does $60-$75 each wheel.
Old 01-11-11, 01:59 PM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redclaw05
i got a wheel repair guy that does $60-$75 each wheel.
he do good work? i need to get my lip fixed.
Old 01-11-11, 05:06 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I could probably stand to have the wheels freshened up. Paul, does your guy do rash + paint for $60-75?
Old 01-12-11, 08:34 PM
Madmiles
Driver School Candidate

I've had great luck with Wheel Technologies too.
Old 01-14-11, 12:57 PM
redclaw05
Rookie

Yes and paint
Old 01-14-11, 01:03 PM
redclaw05
Rookie

I had a chunk missing from my lip. Welded it up and machined then painted.
Old 01-14-11, 02:24 PM
JohnnyIS25
Lexus Test Driver

is that the same guy who did minho DPE wheels?

Quick Reply: Wheel Repair