North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

Good place to get an alignment in DFW?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-10, 08:44 AM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good place to get an alignment in DFW?

I'm done getting this service from NTB, as they have no idea how to service a vehicle without a stock suspension. Problem is based on someone else I talked to (Davenport Motor Co), it is not possible to adjust the camber and toe settings on this car such that I can make any very significant impact on the tire wear issues I'm having (innermost part of the tire is getting completely worn after <20K miles).

Anyone know where I can take my car for an alignment that will really know exactly what to do and how to do it on a lowered IS350?

Thanks in advance for the help.

EDIT: If it was within 15 miles or so of Plano, that would be best.

Last edited by RocketGuy3; 06-03-10 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-03-10, 10:14 AM
slvrboolet
Lexus Champion

buy used tires and deal with it lol. I honestly dont think its something that can ever go away but 20k is pretty good imo i wouldnt spend a bunch of money trying to do any better.
Old 06-03-10, 11:13 AM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Well the guys at the IS suspension/brake forum are telling me I can get better life out of my tires if I get some more toe in. Even if I can get an extra 5K, that would probably be a worthwhile investment.
Old 06-03-10, 12:02 PM
cino21
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i went to PTP (pro tuning performance) in ftworth b/c my car was too low for other shops to do without me raising it...
Old 06-03-10, 12:28 PM
Trevstuh
Lexus Test Driver

How much they charge you cino? I in need of one bad!
Old 06-03-10, 02:16 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cino21
i went to PTP (pro tuning performance) in ftworth b/c my car was too low for other shops to do without me raising it...
Hmmm... FW is kind of a trip since I'm in Plano. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

I'll probably call JPImportz since Jason over there installed my suspension in the first place and did a good job. I lost some faith in his shop after talking to a couple of the mechanics there, though... they were pretty misinformed about a couple things.

Last edited by RocketGuy3; 06-03-10 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-03-10, 03:18 PM
waijai
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Cobb Tuning in East Plano
Old 06-03-10, 04:18 PM
ritz
Lead Lap

i got mine done at NTB in Carrollton

1025 East Trinity Mills Road
Carrollton, TX 75006

the guy who did mine, owns a couple of slammed 240sx.
Old 06-03-10, 04:21 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Which NTB are you using? Ive always had good luck at the grapevine store and their in-ground rack. Granted Brandon is gone, but I think AJ? is still there. For reference my car is rather low and I wish I could get 20k miles out of my rear tires. I also dont think Jason actually does the alignment himself, he takes it to a nearby tire/alignment shop since he doesnt have the equipment...altho this might have changed.

Ritz, do they have a lowered friendly rack at the carrollton store now? If so lemme know the guy's name for my next alignment.
Old 06-03-10, 05:38 PM
cino21
Pole Position

well.. i dont know the exact quote for just an alignment.. but i had them corner balance the sc when i installed the coilovers and it was 300-375 give or take.. cant rem.. but the suspension finally settled and its off again soo i'm going to take it back up there and replace the oem control arm bushings with daizen as well
Old 06-03-10, 06:23 PM
Matador
Racer

well.. i dont know the exact quote for just an alignment.. but i had them corner balance the sc when i installed the coilovers and it was 300-375 give or take.. cant rem.. but the suspension finally settled and its off again soo i'm going to take it back up there and replace the oem control arm bushings with daizen as well
the daizens will be pretty rough fyi
Old 06-03-10, 06:52 PM
cino21
Pole Position

well when i replaced the starter last saturday, the driver side front control arm bushing gave out sooo i'm going to have ptp replace them with the alignment

are u saying rough like... it's a hard job.. b/c speedrcr and i replaced the starter on the sc400.. and i can only assume it can't be as rough as that lol
Old 06-05-10, 07:43 PM
ritz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Matador
Which NTB are you using? Ive always had good luck at the grapevine store and their in-ground rack. Granted Brandon is gone, but I think AJ? is still there. For reference my car is rather low and I wish I could get 20k miles out of my rear tires. I also dont think Jason actually does the alignment himself, he takes it to a nearby tire/alignment shop since he doesnt have the equipment...altho this might have changed.

Ritz, do they have a lowered friendly rack at the carrollton store now? If so lemme know the guy's name for my next alignment.
i dont think its in-ground alignment but however i do know the one in Plano off Coit and GB the NTB has in-ground lower friendly alignment, Dustin with the slammed accord goes there all the time.
Old 06-06-10, 12:55 PM
Matador
Racer

well when i replaced the starter last saturday, the driver side front control arm bushing gave out sooo i'm going to have ptp replace them with the alignment

are u saying rough like... it's a hard job.. b/c speedrcr and i replaced the starter on the sc400.. and i can only assume it can't be as rough as that lol
no, i was referring to the ride quality. Ive had daizen bushings on both my SC's and originally blamed my springs/shocks for the harsh ride on the first SC. The second time around I did the bushings before lowering the car and immediately knew the culprit. Just try not to wince too hard when you drive over little bumps or imperfections in the road as the car will make some unpleasant noises.
Old 06-06-10, 11:14 PM
Dattt
Lexus Test Driver

I tried to get my car aligned at an NTB on Preston in Frisco after going to the one on 121 and Ohio who didnt want to do my car because their ram is really inclined so i went over to Frisco and they wanted 130 because of course the car is lowered and its called a specialty alignment but they called me later and informed me one of my lower ball joints has too much play in it and they were unable to align it due to that so im going to have to buy some new ball joints and replace them and hopefully get an alignment i dont know if i want to go back to an NTB since its pretty expensive, but i will check out another shop that my co workers recommended that work on lowered cars i guess ill let you guys know

Quick Reply: Good place to get an alignment in DFW?