North Texas Lexus Club Club Lexus members from TX!

[EVENT] DFW Map Rally - Plano, TX - Apr. 3rd

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-10, 04:59 AM
TkDallas
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [EVENT] DFW Map Rally - Plano, TX - Apr. 3rd

Hello - I have been a motorsport participant (rally & gymkhana) for over 45 years. I have graduated from MGA, MGB, Triumph... to Lexus and I still enjoy driving and competition. It only because I signed up for the DFW Rally that I found out about this forum. I think that many of you would enjoy the competition and camaraderie.

DFW Map Rally sanctioned and staged by The Texas Region, Sports Car Club of America
The event will be a map rally based on the British fave "Plot and Bash." You will be given a specially printed map of the area in Collin and Dallas counties where the rally will take place. and a set of rules. Using these rules, you will determine the proper route on the map, and then drive that route. You will note certain landmarks along the route to let the scorers know that you went the correct route.
The event will start at Subaru of Plano, 4480 W. Plano Pkwy in Plano, west of Coit Road. Registration will open at 8:30am, with the first car starting at 10:01am. The finish is around mid afternoon at Napoli's Pizza & Restaurant, also in Plano.
No previous rally experience required!
Each entry requires: Licensed driver with proof of auto insurance • A navigator • A clipboard or other hard writing surface • Pen or pencil • Recommended: magnifying glass
The entry fee is $30 if you preregister. Pre-registration is at MotorsportReg.com Go to www.tinyurl.com/DMR10msr to register or just to see more details. There will be a $5 late fee for registering on April 3rd.

Please join us for an exciting day of driving fun, whether you drive a sports car, vintage car or family sedan!
Old 03-27-10, 07:26 PM
sccarally
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DFW Map Rally on April 3rd

Thanks for announcing the DFW Map Rally.

They might enjoy seeing the flyer for the rally, which I have attached.

sccarally
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
dmr10flyer0.pdf (105.8 KB, 161 views)

Last edited by sccarally; 03-28-10 at 06:35 PM. Reason: removed duplicated material