NON-Lexus vehicles for sale This sub-forum is where all vehicles that are not made by Lexus should be posted. Members only, NO DEALERS ALLOWED.

NM 1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-14, 05:12 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Default 1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer

Selling my past year restoration project.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4

Mileage197k

Far from a Lexus but it will do the job.

Clean title!

Here are the details:
CLEAN TITLE, 4.0 OHV V6 with 197k miles, some are highway miles, 4 wheel drive, push button activated, premium JBL speaker system throughout, leather interior with no rips, brand new Kirkland signature battery, chrome alloy rims, power seats both drivers and passengers with lumbar, rear air conditioning, A/C is ice cold, truck is deep green jewel in color and paint is in exceptional condition considering being 17 years old, sunroof, message center above and below, floor mats, roof rack, cruise control, dual power seats, rear seats can fold flat to make more space, AM/FM radio, aftermarket gas hood struts, curtain airbags and drivers/passengers side airbags, 6 disc CD changer, push-button LCD rear view mirror, keyless entry, have all books manuals, some service records, still have original key fob and its working, all exterior lights are tested and working. Transmission is REBUILT!

I have had this vehicle for a little over a year. (bought for a project)

So firstly, on a 17 year old vehicle, there will be some slight flaws. As much as I tried to get this thing as mint as possible, I could not due to the costs.

CONS:
Has a small amount of rust on the rear rocker panels if you open the rear doors, you can see a little.

Though the transmission has been rebuilt, it does have a small imperfection where a shift solenoid is slow in response so when going from 3rd to 4th, the engine revs 500 RPM’s but that is the only side affect. The solenoids are all new and/or tested good…but I’m thinking SSB is slightly slow…easy fix obviously. Vehicle still works fine.

There are a couple small impact hits that have been repaired in the past. One in the drivers side rear where the vehicle slid out on the ice and hit a guard rail. You can barely notice it now. Another area is covered up by the front, but you can see a little impact still. These are barely if not at all noticeable. Clean title.

Rear drivers side wheel makes a “screech screech” so I’m guessing that particular wheel needs brake pads. ABS light is on and might be linked to this. Also could use an alignment. (but tracks fairly straight)

Sunroof does not slide open all of the way…not entirely sure why. Still opens like a moon roof though. Antenna doesn’t go down but still works fine to get reception.

NOTE*the wet spots underneath the truck is a result of “draining the transmission fluid while windy”.

PROS:

-Transmission is fully rebuilt and has less than 50 miles on it.

-Brand new radiator

-Brand new battery

-Engine is strong and ready for use. Idles great.

-Interior in very nice condition considering being 17 y o.

-Tires have adequate to excellent tread left on them.

-Paint and trim is in excellent condition (no fading clear coat or cracking paint)

-Power everything

-Interior was detailed thoroughly

-Fluids topped off, oil and filter just replaced

-The price

Eddie Bauer trim (the more luxurious option)

All interior was recently removed, scrubbed clean, and assembled.

Price is $2500. Open to offers, worst I can do is say no.

No PayPal, overseas transactions, or financing please. Cash only, no checks. Thank you.

Please do not come here expecting a 2014 mint vehicle. I’m not gonna lie, this thing does have some use and wear on it, (heck its 17 years old) but it’s sure as heck better than 90% of these explorers on the road!

For inquiries, please contact me via PM.

Thanks for reading

Ask for more pictures, I have many.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-23-14, 08:03 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Bump for a great DD truck.
Old 05-27-14, 10:28 AM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Bump again. Miles will vary as I drive it still.
Old 07-13-14, 05:38 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Vehicle is SOLD. Mods please close.