NON-Lexus vehicles for sale This sub-forum is where all vehicles that are not made by Lexus should be posted. Members only, NO DEALERS ALLOWED.

TN 1992 300ZX Twin Turbo w/ mods and maintenance FS/FT

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-13, 06:43 PM
Matt300ZXT
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 300ZX Twin Turbo w/ mods and maintenance FS/FT

As far as I know, I meet the requirements to post this.

I'm going to keep this mostly short and sweet, if you want tons of details on all the parts replaced, PM me. I can assure you it was done right. It's a 92 twin turbo 5 speed with tan leather. It's had the full 120k kit done with OEM parts by a Nissan mechanic who specializes in twin turbos. I have all receipts for every single part, along with the exact mileage every single part was installed. The car has 140xxx on it now.

As far as a cash price, it's $7500, and firm. I'm mostly looking for an SC as that's what I traded with some parts/cash to get this car when I did. I'm in Chattanooga, TN and want to keep cars local, i.e. I'm not driving 6 hours away to look at a car or whatever. Chattanooga, Atlanta, Knoxville, Nashville, Birmingham, places like that w/i a couple hours of Chattanooga.

Mods:

Selin Dual MAF intake with A'pexi filters
Stillen short shifter
Stillen x pipe
Stillen cat back
ZTuner chip
A'pexi Auto Timer
550cc injectors
EGR delete (not really a mod though)
Z1 silicone boost hoses (Z1 boost hard pipes in box)
AMS aluminum radiator with silicone hoses
Spec Stage 2+ clutch and pressure plate
14psi boost jets installed

Pros:

Reliable, starts up every day immediately, even in really cold weather.
Stillen GTZ-R Gen 1 fascia and nose panel installed, along with a driver fender and hood and all re-sprayed.
The a/c works and is cold, and the heat works and is hot.
I've been using Amsoil Signature Series (their top of the line) along with an Amsoil filter since I've owned it.
Power steering converted to non-turbo setup with a rebuilt pump and Z1 silicone hoses and new high pressure line.

Cons:

Leather seats are worn, but c'mon, it's a 92.
Wants to idle high, around 1500, for about 15-20 minutes of driving. After that it goes down to normal.

Last edited by Matt300ZXT; 02-11-14 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-20-13, 01:57 PM
booramey
Driver School Candidate

Got a 95 Sc400 with 130k In VERY good cond.If interested I have lots of pics, and info
Old 02-20-13, 09:35 AM
Matt300ZXT
Pole Position

May be able to add a few thousand cash when my check gets here in a few weeks if someone has a nice turboed or JZ swapped SC that's interested.
Old 04-22-13, 11:03 AM
Matt300ZXT
Pole Position

Bump---I do have some coilovers on the way and tires to put on the front of the Volk wheels I got (already had new rear tires). Those will be going on soon as well as a whole suspension kit (traction rods, tension rods, rucas, fucas, HICAS delete, and rear camber bolts) so the price of the car is going to go up substantially with the addition of a few thousand dollars worth of mods/parts.

I would also consider other Lexus cars but they're going to have to be sporty and fun, so pretty much no SUVs or ES or LS models.
Old 07-15-13, 08:45 PM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice! Do you still have this?
Old 10-27-13, 09:26 AM
Matt300ZXT
Pole Position

Forgot I had this ad on here. It just broke 138k the other day, so obviously the car doesn't get a whole lot of mileage on it in nearly a year. Anyways, I fixed the power steering fluid leak. I replaced the twin turbo ps pump with an n/a one so the HICAS could be deleted. I rebuilt the pump with OEM parts, and replaced all the hoses with Z1 hoses and the high pressure line has now been replaced with a serviceable unit instead of the OEM style which is a ***** to remove. Now, there are no more ps leaks. It has developed a high idle, at 1500, until the car is more than sufficiently warmed up, i.e. driving it for 30 minutes or something. It's likely the IACV unit on the back of the plenum but it's getting too damn cold outside and dark much earlier for me to want to mess with something that's just lightly annoying.

Waiting in the garage (and not included at $7500 obviously) are coilovers, front camber arms, front tension rods, rear camber arms, rear traction rods, rear camber bolt kit, and HICAS delete bar all from Powertrix, a well respected name in the Z community. Also, a rear outer ball joint delete kit to clean up the rear suspension area, an Energy Suspension bushing kit, Z1 subframe spacers, Stillen sway bars with adjustable end links and a heavy duty brake master cylinder brace. Also, I have damn good condition Racing Hart 19" wheels with Continental tires (the same wheel used on the F&F Supra), downpipes, test pipes, exhaust gaskets, heavy duty clutch fork and chromoly pivot ball. I also have a "big brake kit", it's a bracket that relocates the stock rather large calipers further out, allowing a larger rotor to be installed in place.

What I would like is either cash obviously, but really wanting either a turbo SC300 5 speed, or SC400 with a 5 speed swap, or an auto SC400 but I really want something already lowered with nice wheels, good running engine, exhaust, etc. I am possibly willing to do a trade further out than the 2 hours away I posted in my original post because I've had an SC and know what to ask about as far as maintenance or problems.

Also, if the SC is a $4000 car, there is not going to be a straight up trade, there'll have to be cash or nice parts included. If it's a much nicer SC, then obviously I'll include some or all of my other goodies to bump up the value of my car.
Old 02-11-14, 03:44 PM
Matt300ZXT
Pole Position

I edited the original ad. It now reflects the current mileage and the updated mod list and basic info.