NON-Lexus vehicles for sale This sub-forum is where all vehicles that are not made by Lexus should be posted. Members only, NO DEALERS ALLOWED.

CA 2001 Audi TT Quattro 1.8T - GT28R, Custom Paint, Project Mu BBK, KW V3's & Mo

Old 04-11-12, 03:51 PM
VinSCe
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2001 Audi TT Quattro 1.8T - GT28R, Custom Paint, Project Mu BBK, KW V3's & Mo

New Price! 16,000 obo
Entertaining Trade Offers...
Or a SC3/4... Must be Stick. Show me what you got and we'll negotiate.

This Audi TT used to belong to a close friend of mine who used it in car shows. It's been in the car show circuit since 2004 and it used to be purple (for those who may have seen it). The car eventually sat at Jue Motors for about a year or so in order to fix a vacuum leak. My friend outgrew the show car scene and decided to sell the car to me after he finally got around to fixing it.

I'm selling the car now because I need to start focusing on my education and work. My job also requires that I drive clients around so I need something a bit more "boring".

As a show car, it had quite a few custom, one-off parts made for it.
Brief Mod List:
- GT28R "Disco Potato" (Untuned, still on stock injectors)
- HKS SSQV BOV
- Apex'i Groundings Kit
- Nardi Deep Dish Steering Wheel
- MOMO Hub
- Custom ARC Airbox (1 of 1 made)
- Custom Project Mu BBK (1 of 2 made)
- KW V3 Coilovers
- Custom Camber Plates
- Reiger Tuning Front Bumper, Side Skirts, and Rear Bumper
- DTM Tuning Custom Carbon Fiber Wing (1 of an estimated 10 made)
- J-Line Forged SDM-SL2's 2-Piece w/ Flat Black Powdercoat
- D-BASF Custom Blue Paint Job done by DTM Autohaus
- Custom REMUS Sport Exhaust (1 of 1 made)
- Custom Fiberglass Enclosure for Audio
- 2 Amps, 4 Subs, 2 Front Speakers from Rockford & Fosgate
- 2 Recaro SPG's
- Custom Show-Cage, Powercoated Flat Silver
- Custom Project Mu Shiftknob
- Custom Front Mount Intercooler
- Reupholstered A-Pillers, Headliner, and Sun Visors to Black Suede

The Good:
- Clean Title
- Accident Free
- For the price of the car, you're getting A LOT of custom goodies that would sell for much more if parted out.
- Engine & Transmission are still strong. Less than 90k original miles on the car.
- This car WILL turn heads. Especially those of ladies.
- Easy to get sponsors again if you decide to go to do car shows
- Already Smogged.
- At the very least 50k+ was spent on the car. Custom parts and labor are not cheap.

The Bad:
- CEL is on due to a boost leak on the intake-side piping for the intercooler. The piping is actually a bit short which causes the coupler to slide-off. The car has been running this way forever. My friend never bothered to fix it because it was a show car and not a daily. In order to fix this problem, you simply need to get a welder to weld beads onto the piping so that the t-bolt clamp can't slide off. Anywhere from 200-400 dollars w/ labor.
- Paint needs a detail in order to bring it back to show standards. Don't get me wrong, it still looks great though. This is NOT necessary. Probably 200-500 dollars.
- Audio. The wiring needs to be redone by a professional. The sound system was removed and reinstalled in order to accommodate the show cage. It was quickly put back together after that. There is also a rattle that needs to be fixed in the rear fiberglass enclosure. Bring it to a good audio shop and they'll take care of everything for around 400-600 dollars on the high side.
- The A/C controls have been relocated into the glove compartment in order to make room for the double DIN head unit. It works perfectly fine, however, the glovebox doesn't open currently because the handle snapped. (Extremely common problem with TT's.) A replacement unit is about 200 bucks but there is a 10 dollar fix on vwvortex's DIY page.

I'm looking for a quick sale which is why the price of the car is set at 16,000. I took into consideration all the "bads" of the car and decided that I'd lower the price so that the person who buys the car will have money leftover to fix those things.

Do NOT lowball. Reasonable negotiations are fine. Pics in next post.

Last edited by VinSCe; 04-16-12 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-11-12, 03:52 PM
VinSCe
Driver

Old 04-16-12, 03:39 PM
VinSCe
Driver

BUMP! New low price at only 16,000!
Old 04-23-12, 06:44 PM
Prowler217
Lead Lap