NON-Lexus vehicles for sale This sub-forum is where all vehicles that are not made by Lexus should be posted. Members only, NO DEALERS ALLOWED.

FS: 94 Single Turbo Supra 6spd.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-06, 09:40 AM
adamw81
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 94 Single Turbo Supra 6spd.

Well after getting my GS430 a few months back I find myself rarely driving my supra. Time to move on to other things.

I bought the car in 2002 from a guy in Las Vegas completely stock. The car currently has 73,500 miles on it and has been meticulously maintained. At 60k miles I did all the usual 60k things (new water pump, timing belt, etc.) AND replaced the valve stem seals. I went single shortly thereafter and have had zero problems (beyond a small leak here and there) while daily driving it for a year. I wanted a great street car that could be daily driven and did everything top notch, no corners were cut. The only reason I did not upgrade the fuel was for reliability/driveability (as it was a daily driver). Specs are as follows:

1994 Supra 6spd. Targa (no wrecks, clean title, all VIN #s in place).

Engine:

Boostlogic 61GT turbo, .70 A/R
Polished compressor housing & turbo blanket
4” intake with K&N filter
Greddy 3-row FMIC
HKS SS BOV
BL 3” downpipe
Blitz Nur-Spec exhaust
Water Pump, accessory belt, timing belt, valve stem seals at 60k miles
Mobil 1 10w30 every 3,000 miles

Transmission:

TRD Single Disc clutch (this clutch is great for this setup, it holds the power easily and is the BEST for daily driving)
Always use Toyota V160 tranny fluid (last at 60k miles)
Redline 75w90 Differential Fluid (last at 60k miles)

Electronics:

HKS VPC
Greddy BCC
Greddy Turbo Timer
Greddy Profec E-01
Greddy Emanage w/ pressure sensor (can tune based on boost/rpm instead of throttle/rpm)
Tech-Edge Wideband 02 sensor/display
Greddy 52mm boost gauge in clock location (the E-01 will record peak numbers for boost, rpm, airflow, etc.)

Wheels/Suspension:

SSR GP-0 wheels 18x9.5r, 18x8.5f. Chrome lip with custom black powder coated centers. These wheels look great!
285/35/18 rears, 245/40/18 fronts, toyo proxies all with probably 80% tread left.
Eibach/KYB shocks/springs (best for a nice upgrade but still driveable, I prefer not to be jarred to death by full coilovers)
WOTM “Big ***” sway bars. These are as stiff as the TRD discontinued sways but much lighter. The best out there.

Misc.:

Custom Black/Grey leather seats – these seats are 10 times better than the stock leather and are less than 3 yrs old! Also matching grey leather shift boot. I still have the stock front/rear seats the buyer can have if they want.
EGR and charcoal canister removed (routed back to avoid pressure in gas tank). Traction ECU removed. 5% limo tint on side & rear windows.

Flaws:

Overall the car is in great shape but there are a few issues. The exterior has the rock chips/scratches you would expect on a daily driven car that’s 11 years old. Besides the rock chips/scratches, the paint is in good condition and not faded like many of the red supras out there (garaged). There is a small spot on the passenger door where it was egged (before I got the car). Its not very noticeable, especially after a nice wax. There are 3 door dings without paint scratches, 1 on each door and 1 on the rear drivers side quarter panel. Probably cost $100-200 for paintless dent repair. They aren’t very noticeable so I never fixed them (and as a daily driver you are guaranteed to get a new one as soon as you fix them!). The rockchips/scratches could be hidden very well by some touch up paint but I figured I’d leave that up to the buyer.

The interior overall is great, looks very nice and the dash/center console is relatively scratch-free. I removed the rear seats when I replaced the fronts since they were tan and never got around to replacing them (might be a negative to some people). Some cheap black carpet would be an easy fix. I also have the stock tan front and rear seats that I’ll throw in if anyone wants them (about average condition). There are several companies out there that sell a “rear seat delete” as well for $100-$200 (could probably make your own cheap with some black carpet and fiberboard).

Overall the car is in great shape, the engine and mods are perfect with no issues even after a year of daily driving it single. You will be hard pressed to find a single that runs as smooth and reliable with no worries. I have not dyno’d the car but I street tuned it using the techedge to a conservative 11.0 AFR. With that tune and running 17-18psi it is likely making right around 490-500rwhp. With a more aggressive tune and 19psi I have seen a similar setup (same turbo kit) make 520rwhp. Again, I preferred something that would stay reliable and wouldn’t push the fuel system or the limits of pump gas. The interior looks awesome, those seats really make a world of difference compared to the stock supra leather. These alone will make this interior look better than any stock seat interior. I would rate the interior and the engine/reliability a 9/10. Only reason I wouldn’t give the engine a 10/10 is due to the occasional leak or rattle (usually just requiring a quick tightening of a bolt). I would give the exterior a 7/10. The paint looks good but there is quite a few rockchips/scratches on the front end. If you are looking for a great street setup with everything done right (going with a full length exhaust manifold, eliminated maf, all supporting electronics) than this is the car for you. I wanted a fast setup that could be daily driven without any worries and that’s what I built.

Asking $30,000 obo. I have tried to be as honest as I could both about the strong points and flaws with this car. I don’t want to waste your time by not describing the car in full so please don’t waste my time if you are not a serious buyer.

pictures coming in next post.

edit: best way to contact me is at 469-682-3072 (cell) or email me at adam@welwood.com (can't check that email at work though)

Last edited by adamw81; 04-07-06 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-07-06, 09:47 AM
adamw81
Driver School Candidate

ok well I can't get to a free hosting site, work is blocking all the sites. I'll just attach a few pictures. Email me for more pics. Oh also, the pic in my signature is before I had a 4" intake and VPC.
Attached Thumbnails FS: 94 Single Turbo Supra 6spd.-center-console.jpg  
Old 04-07-06, 09:51 AM
adamw81
Driver School Candidate

Turbo Picture
Attached Thumbnails FS: 94 Single Turbo Supra 6spd.-turbo.jpg  
Old 04-07-06, 09:53 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

since your new your prob gonna need someone to vouch for you. The car is nice I really like it, however like most cars with mods there is a diminishing return on money invested. So that 20k you added into the car is worth prob less than 10k now

nice interior looks well maintained
Old 04-07-06, 09:56 AM
adamw81
Driver School Candidate

Exterior Picture.
Attached Thumbnails FS: 94 Single Turbo Supra 6spd.-supra2.jpg  
Old 04-07-06, 10:02 AM
adamw81
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tonydt1g3r
since your new your prob gonna need someone to vouch for you. The car is nice I really like it, however like most cars with mods there is a diminishing return on money invested. So that 20k you added into the car is worth prob less than 10k now

nice interior looks well maintained
I am aware of diminishing returns...I've seen plenty of stock 6 speeds around the same mileage sell in the $24k-$26k range, this car is a steal at $30k!!

As far as someone to vouch for me, Kyle Bell will vouch for it (I think he posts here, good friend of mine and very well known in Supra community), I did all the work with help from Jason Phan at his shop JPImports. He can vouch for the 60k work since he did it
Old 04-07-06, 10:22 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Car looks sweet - good luck with the sale.

If I didn't already have a red MR2, I would consider this car (my first choice would be black so I could paint it blue). I've got a soft spot for the Supra.
And NSXs.
And Shelby Cobras...
Old 04-07-06, 02:18 PM
Kilo
Instructor

i think the car is well priced - low mileage, 6 speed, single turbo. Good luck with your sale.
Old 04-10-06, 10:18 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
Car looks sweet - good luck with the sale.

If I didn't already have a red MR2, I would consider this car (my first choice would be black so I could paint it blue). I've got a soft spot for the Supra.
And NSXs.
And Shelby Cobras...
You and me both. I almost bought a 93 MR2 but it had a blown headgasket. The young cat upgraded to a bigger turbo but didn't upgrade the gasket. Should ahve bought it tho but the gasket scared me off. Had rims,sparco seats and steering wheel has tilt unlike the RX-7.
Oh well, Love Mr2 & supras.