NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

I want to give a big thank you to GAZY AUTO REPAIR....

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-16, 05:55 PM
kraven9
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to give a big thank you to GAZY AUTO REPAIR....

.....for f#$king up my car. I was involved in a car accident this past december. I contacted this body shop as I assumed they know this car in and out being that they are a vendor and could repair my car back to perfect along with fixing my ABS light which was previously on. I was so wrong.....my car was damaged on the right front, needing a fender, front bumper, side marker and some other stuff. I brought the car in and Gazi and Roy assured me that everything would be taken care of...I was told a price of $2k. Ok no problem.

I asked Roy, (I assume he is the body shop manager) several times if they are going to change the bumper and get a new one, he said YES. I said I have a OEM fender home and I could bring that, so all you have to do is get me a new bumper, and paint the nose. Ok was the answer...I was in fear they would use a aftermarket fender.

A week later I went to see the progress on my car...I was in for a surprise they put all the new parts on AND PAINTED IT without lining anything up...WTF????? The fender didnt match with the door, it had a 1 inch gap, the hood was off hanging over the headlight, AND to top it all off they used the SAME damaged BUMPER and painted over it..WTF??? Why would you do that??? After assuring me I would GET a NEW bumper??? SMMFH. I went in and talked to Gazi and told him nothing is lined up correctly, he said they would fix it..so I left there pissed off.

Now i'm about three weeks in and all this time I have a rental that im paying a certain price for and I have an upgraded vehicle because enterprise didnt have what GEICO approved, although the car has been cleared to work on the third week, so a couple days later, Gazi called me and said the car is done. I haven't seen my car in almost a month and I know it will never be the same, as I walked to the car, I noticed the sideskirt was cracked..SMH, showed GAZi and he said he would fix it... Ok. I paid off my balance and took my car.

Here's where it all falls down...I knew when I took the car and I washed it for the first time, I would see all the problems with the car. The passenger fender, you could see all the paint runs and FEEL AND SEE the sandpaper marks going all into the door, the driver side fender you see swirl marks from the fender going all into the door. The metal strip that's screwed into the fender that was supposed to be REPLACED wasn't they just straightened it out and when on full lock it popped out again..WTF??

I went back to GAZI and showed him ALL the imperfections, he said ok when it gets warmer bring it back and they will do it over. I'm like why didnt I get a new bumper, this is the same damaged one? He said he did't know anything about a new bumper and I said I spoke to Roy about that, he goes in and calls Roy to see the car and ask him about the bumper. Roy comes out and says he didn't see the bumper was damaged...WTF!!!!! Guy we were standing in front the bumper when it was off and YOU, YOU, YOU said we gonna get you a new bumper.

Well to sum it all up I paid $2 for a sh!!ty paint job, my old fubared bumper, clear coat peeling already (car was painted 2nd week of january), paint cracked sideskirts...thanks guys

I dont even wash my car anymore...

Fubar'd bumper..you could see the paint line over the side markers SMH!!

Nice paint run on lower cap

paint cracking by sidemarker already

The gap where they painted the car BEFORE lining up everything CORRECTLY...they just smushed it in

Clear coat peeling

Well to sum it all up, I will NOT be bringing my car to be "redone", enjoy that $2k and I will make sure everybody knows about your wonderful body shop skills and morals.
Thanks again.

I will update the thread with more pics of awesomeness when I wash my car.

Gazy Auto "repair"
86-50 102nd St, Richmond Hill, NY 11418
Old 03-28-16, 05:26 PM
BernieIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are able to file a claim with the insurance company against the shop and they will work to help you get the car put back to whole. Good Luck and next time don't assume
Old 03-30-16, 05:18 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What part of NY are you? If you are in metro NY, I know a very good and honest body shop, they are reasonable in price and they def know what they are doing. I wouldn't take my car anywhere else.
Old 03-30-16, 07:49 AM
durps
Lead Lap

Wow that sucks to hear man
Old 03-30-16, 12:52 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Very shock to hear. Gazy has been a CL member / vendor for years hopefully this get resolved soon and both parties are satisfied. Do keep us posted if anything changes.
Old 03-30-16, 01:22 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

aliga is me, he took the car to my brothers shop. I will show him this thread.

I dont know all the details, but from what I have been told you pocketed 1500, yada yada.

please give me your number or call 718-850-5000, so you two can straighten this out.

Let me know if I can help.

Last edited by aliga; 03-30-16 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-30-16, 02:33 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

kraven9 I have reached out to Gazy's brother (aliga) who is a vendor on the forum (his parts business is not affiliated w/ the bodyshop as I recently found out).

I hope this opens a door of communication for some type of a resolution.

MARK

Last edited by lowKut; 03-30-16 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-04-16, 05:02 PM
kraven9
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by aliga
aliga is me, he took the car to my brothers shop. I will show him this thread.

I dont know all the details, but from what I have been told you pocketed 1500, yada yada.

please give me your number or call 718-850-5000, so you two can straighten this out.

Let me know if I can help.
yada, yada is right. In my original post, I stated that I had to (1) pay for the rental which was also upgraded (not my choice), I had that vehicle for a month ($400+). (2) I had my abs problem also, dunno how much that costs to replace, install SS brake lines, Motul brake fluid, replace driver side ABS sensor etc. I spoke to him several times that I want and needed this fixed. I would have given him that to FIX my car right. It was clear that he still would have gotten the money. I still have that $1k and my ABS problem, so don't make it seem like " I pocketed $1500". The paint and labor for the job was $1500, I gave $2K, where is my new bumper and good painjob??

Great job of "masking" my emblem and sanding it down

Metal fender trim that was supposed to be "replaced with a used one from around the shop by Roy", now missing because they just put it back in place, as soon as I left the shop and about the angle to get in my driveway at full lock it poked back out and eventually I just took it out, it was bent from the accident....

Scratches from sandpaper on my emblem.

More pics of the damaged bumper, didnt even realize that my fog light tab was broken. There is also "flat spot" on the lip where I guess the clear said F%4ck it, it got some extra over-run on the lower fender cap, use that to finish.

Damaged sideskirt while car was in shop.

Whats this?

..and this....both passenger side fender btw, that i procured

Also I don't know why my center console now has two long *** cracks, that weren't there before.
Old 04-04-16, 06:26 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow thats crazy. hopefully you can get this taken care of..
Old 04-13-16, 08:45 PM
veron1987
Pole Position

i've had a small hit on the passenger side of my car for almost 2 yrs and experiences like this makes it very hard to trust a body shop. i hope you get this resolved. Hope to see you at the BBQ.
Old 04-14-16, 09:42 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

wow that really sucks...hopefully it gets resolved...
Old 04-26-16, 10:33 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

any updates on this?
Old 06-08-16, 07:46 AM
bstarr34
Driver School Candidate

I work as an auto damage appraiser at a shop in Mass. My best advice to anyone choosing a shop is to pick the best and most expensive shop around for an insurance claim. The wait time is also a good indicator of a quality shop. The wait time for an appointment at my shop is 4 weeks...and we do 22-25 cars a week. I know shops around me that will get you in right away. How do you think their quality is??

Also, the thing shops hate most: Owner's micromanaging the job. If you call me 3 times a week and grind me about every detail, I am less likely to hear you. I guarantee I know more about this process than you do. Let me do my job. No one likes a micro-manager...especially when they don't know **** about the process. It's insulting. Guys who are OCD about their car and insert themselves into the repair process are the WORST customers by far. Have a detailed conversation with your appraiser when you drop the car off, then wait till it's done. A good appraiser will make notes on your file at this time, and refer to it throughout the repair process.

Lastly, if the insurance company forces you to go to one of their shops, and you think the work sucks, then complain to the insurance company, not the shop. The insurance company is suppose to guarantee the work of the shop they force you to use. Demand a supervisor come out to you and inspect your car. Then demand that ANOTHER shop fix the issue's at no cost to you (for rental either). I fix shoddy work all the time.

Always remember that no average auto body shop will refinish your car like it was from the factory.
Parts changing - yes. But not refinishing. There will always be imperfections.
The only question is: will the owner be able to find them.
Old 06-08-16, 08:04 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

What the hell is wrong with some shops !
Old 06-14-16, 08:12 AM
bstarr34
Driver School Candidate

what do you mean? My shop?

Quick Reply: I want to give a big thank you to GAZY AUTO REPAIR....