My Leadership Position

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-14, 06:33 AM
phatjay
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Leadership Position

Hello all,

Some of you may know me and some of you may not. My name is Jimmy and I became a member of NELOC after I purchased my IS300 back in April 2009. Shortly after in 2010, I noticed that participation at a typically large event was quite low compared to the time I attended the year before and that worried me, being a new member myself. In 2011, I did attend probably one of the club's most popular events and was only there with about 5 members or so, which looked even worse. Afterwards, I did organize and attend several local meets to get an idea of how much of the group was still active. At the end of the year, TJ (tjmhillz) and I had a talk and we both said enough was enough and took on the reins to be the new leaders in an effort to keep NELOC from completely hitting rock bottom. We organized events together and actively tried to recruit as many members as we could to expand the community. It looked like our efforts were working and we started to see the club thriving again. In June of 2012, TJ decided to step down from his position as leadership due to events going on in his personal life, but agreed to still do whatever he could to help out. I was then left as the sole leader, but what I was not expecting was for my own personal life to take a crazy turn itself. I found myself drifting away from the club more and more as time went along and now I was in the same boat. Members were growing more than disappointed and wanted to see change, which I agreed would come for the 2013 season...only it never happened. Andy (NYGS3ANDY), one of my close friends within the club, volunteered to give me a helping hand, but instead ended up holding the club down on his own, which I know was very frustrating for him and I would like to thank him for all his hard work at the same time. In February of this year, I made it official to the community that Andy would be my new wingman and mentioned that once again, I'd make changes as part of leadership. Here we are today with no improvements on my part and a long list of frustrated members asking me to step down. Although it hurts to know that I have to leave a job that I once took tons of pride in for a group of people who I consider my second family, I know it's for the better for everyone. So with that being said, I will be stepping down as co-leader of NELOC effective of this season. I will still be here to support Andy in any way I can and wish him the best of luck in his current and future plans for the club. I will also of course continue to be active whenever possible and when life permits, I may want to take on a leadership role in NELOC once again...that's if you all wouldn't mind
Old 07-17-14, 10:28 AM
chubz
Lead Lap

whatever happens just dont fall off the face of the earth. leaders or not, every person plays a vital part in team. you may step down from your position but we are all still family. best of luck to you and whatever you are going through and also also to Andy in his new leadership role. We are all here to help out and make everything easier on everyone. lets all do our part to keep NELOC alive!!!!
Old 07-17-14, 07:08 PM
tjmhillz
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Like is said on the FB group. The season isnt over so lets finish strong. Theres a few good meets left.
Old 07-17-14, 09:38 PM
OVRDOSE
Driver School Candidate

Already talked to you bro, but it takes a big man to be able to step up and admit that he may need to step down for the better of the group. I agree with TJ in saying that the season is far from over and we'll still finish strong! We can't force anyone to actively participate in the group if they don't want to or circumstances won't allow them to. NELOC is family! Families can be big and they can be small, but what's important is that they remain tight and there for each other. Life happens to us all my friend! TJ lost a car, I got pulled all around the country for work and school, you had to take care of personal matters, etc. No matter what's going on we'll just continue to build with what we have and bring in more people with the same kind of passion and loyalty to the group. Hold your head high bro! We all got work to do....let's get to it!
Old 07-23-14, 05:03 AM
phatjay
Lead Lap

Thank you guys for the support. It wasn't an easy thing to do, but I am confident that NELOC is on the way to better things than it has been recently. The season isn't over for sure and I want everyone to enjoy it as much as they can!