NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

MD inspection shop recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-14, 07:26 PM
GS4Classik
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation MD inspection shop recommendation

Hello, I'm in a bit of a pickle here can anyone from CL NELOC MD recommend a state inspection shop in MD that is lenient on tint and also I wasn't sure if my rear tail light malfunction indicator will cause the inspection to fail as well. I'm running some LED tails. The car had originally passed VA inspection. Originally a neighbor of mine recommended a guy he knew who would pass my car, unfortunately he changed his mind and was going to do it by the book. After several talks with him about getting my car inspected my 30 day MD temp tags have expired . MVA does not reissue another nor do extensions . So basically I'm SOL, or drive up to a random state inspection shop and gamble it, plus I will have to drive the car with expired tags and have the risk of being pulled over.

I will accept PM's if you don't want to post in the thread here. Thank you and I appreciate your feedback. I will also donate a finders fee!!!
Old 03-12-14, 07:16 AM
6spdGS300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the same boat with my 2jzgte gs300. Let me know if you find someone and I'll do the same for you.
Old 03-12-14, 08:44 AM
xStayTuned
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

MD really seems to suck when it comes to inspections.. wish I could help but im in VA
Old 03-21-14, 06:33 PM
GS4Classik
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 6spdGS300
I'm in the same boat with my 2jzgte gs300. Let me know if you find someone and I'll do the same for you.
I might have to bite bullet and see what happens. No luck so far, but I understand why. I wish you the best of luck too.

Originally Posted by xStayTuned
MD really seems to suck when it comes to inspections.. wish I could help but im in VA
Yeah they do suck, but once its inspected no more inspections, unlike VA yearly inspections. I used to live in VA. I was original going to register the car in my parents names cause I bought the car off a friend who lives in VA.
Old 03-24-14, 03:56 AM
6spdGS300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still no luck

Still no luck BUT there seems to be some shady inspectors on craigslist. Gonna try them.