NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

My First Ticket with the ISF!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-13, 06:55 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation My First Ticket with the ISF!

After 4 years of ownership I finally received my first ticket. No front plates.
I look at the ticket and its states my car is black lol it is clear as day and my car is blue. Cop is either color blind or did the ticket very quickly. Its not those tickets where you fill out they just print it from their car. Time sure has change. Anyways I normally see this as a fix it ticket but no where on the ticket it says I need to show to an officer that I have front plates. It says I can pay the ticket and plead guilty without showing up. I plan to do that but was wondering do I still need someone to sign off on the ticket?

I still don't plan to drill holes but will install the tow hook mount for the plate. I think it just looks cleaner without any plate in the front since I have the wald lip installed.

Last edited by Evil Teo; 08-02-13 at 06:59 AM.
Old 08-02-13, 08:35 AM
SupraMan17
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just pay the ticket online.... there's a service fee... like $5 i think it is but it saves you time from having to go to that town's municipal building to pay it.
Old 08-02-13, 09:08 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SupraMan17
just pay the ticket online.... there's a service fee... like $5 i think it is but it saves you time from having to go to that town's municipal building to pay it.
I will but I will go to the municipal building and pay it. its next to my job lol...
Old 08-02-13, 10:24 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear that, were you speeding or just randomly pulled over?

I'm suprised it took you that long in a car that fast, I got my first ticket in the Lotus after my 2nd week. The cop end up giving a no front plate ticket, which was nice because I was doing about "a lot" over the posted speed >.>
Old 08-02-13, 11:58 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

randomly pulled over mike. if i was speeding it was like 5-10 over the speed limit. lol maybe my car just looks fast but he was on the side and pull out right the ditch when I pass him so I knew it was me then he followed me for like 2 minutes and then starts flashing. I wasn't speeding when I passed him by. its just a b******* ticket. ur lucky that the cop only gave u no front plate and get a radar!

Last edited by Evil Teo; 08-02-13 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-02-13, 02:00 PM
BarronNJ
Rookie

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
randomly pulled over mike. if i was speeding it was like 5-10 over the speed limit. lol maybe my car just looks fast but he was on the side and pull out right the ditch when I pass him so I knew it was me then he followed me for like 2 minutes and then starts flashing. I wasn't speeding when I passed him by. its just a b******* ticket. ur lucky that the cop only gave u no front plate and get a radar!

NJ is running a ticket spree right now, their trying to raise 9million so they say so careful out there especially on state highways...
Old 08-03-13, 09:24 PM
qbcsvt
Driver School Candidate

I kinda figured that it wouldnt be speeding!!!! You're so cautious.....

Edit I got a ticket speeding from a camera on the HIGHWAY. This was when I was headed into Washington DC. I could fight it cause obviously it has some messed up speeds on it. It says 25MPH Zone on the highway (there was no construction and this was like a 4-5 lane on I-95 South). Apparently I was doing 40MPH which is 15 mph more. But this is wrong cause I saw the light flash (it was night time) and I checked my speed and I was going like 100 on a 55. Either way the camera isnt calibrated and I would fight it if it was near. Guess Ill just pay it since I was speeding..

Last edited by qbcsvt; 08-03-13 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-04-13, 09:48 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by qbcsvt
I kinda figured that it wouldnt be speeding!!!! You're so cautious.....

Edit I got a ticket speeding from a camera on the HIGHWAY. This was when I was headed into Washington DC. I could fight it cause obviously it has some messed up speeds on it. It says 25MPH Zone on the highway (there was no construction and this was like a 4-5 lane on I-95 South). Apparently I was doing 40MPH which is 15 mph more. But this is wrong cause I saw the light flash (it was night time) and I checked my speed and I was going like 100 on a 55. Either way the camera isnt calibrated and I would fight it if it was near. Guess Ill just pay it since I was speeding..
i think that ticket could of been thrown away due to the camera not being calibrated. it doesn't matter if u were speeding but if the equipment isn't working right just think of the person who also got the ticket but they were doing the speed limit.

all in all hope u didn't have to pay a heavy fine...
Old 08-04-13, 12:13 PM
qbcsvt
Driver School Candidate

$92 bucks.... Ya camera was def not calibrated! but w/e I dont have time to go to DC a million times to fight it!
Old 08-04-13, 12:46 PM
FPSee
Driver

ive always wondered why they wait a couple minutes of RIDING your *** then finally pull you over..
Old 08-04-13, 01:18 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can have that ticket thrown out simply because of the wrong color on the ticket, but prob not worth it.
Old 08-04-13, 01:50 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FPSee
ive always wondered why they wait a couple minutes of RIDING your *** then finally pull you over..
i think he wanted give me a ticket for something but didn't have anything besides the front plate. he was trying to hide in the bushes but everyone knows that the cops hide there so he couldn't get anyone so figured I was the easiest target out of everyone.

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
you can have that ticket thrown out simply because of the wrong color on the ticket, but prob not worth it.
yea but not sure if its worth the trouble. if it was like speeding or a ticket that is like 100+ more then I will gladly fight it but for a ticket that can go either way i'll take my chances by paying it off. u are right indeed. also I work right next to the muniple building lol. i'll probably just walk over at lunch time and see what to do.