neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

where are you guys having these meets? what about ny! lol
Old 05-14-13, 07:33 AM
SOHKis
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like a plan, i'm down for some DMV meets.

I think things took a drastic downturn when Leroy left the DMV. After that, aside from Ryan who's now consumed w/life, no one has really stepped up & taken the reigns..

maybe we should start doing weekly meets at chic-fil-a in sterling or micro-center in rockville..?
Old 05-14-13, 08:11 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SOHKis
maybe we should start doing weekly meets at chic-fil-a in sterling or micro-center in rockville..?
Yeah, I think we should alternate week-to-week. Maybe one week, NELOC meets at the Chic Fil A meet in Sterling....and then the next week NELOCers meet in Maryland.

And a decent Maryland event where we can meet is the Landover meet at Capital One Boulevard shopping center (right next to FedEx Field). This is an existing car meet on Friday nights from about 6pm to 11pm, lots of old school cars and such (mostly American-made classic cars). But there's always a strong Vette contention, and lots of other modern vehicles as well (mostly American). But it's laidback, and everyone's pretty cool. You see an occasional modded Japanese or German car.

You rarely see Lexuses there, so we'd definitely stand-out as a group. And it's easy access off I95. They have permits, so they never get kicked out of the shopping center. Again, it's an older crowd, but it's a good location, vintage cars (we should know our history! LOL), and it's pretty laidback.

I don't know if they've started yet,....but by June, they'll probably be there almost every week, weather permitting. Just a thought, on the Maryland side.

Last edited by KevinGS; 05-14-13 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-14-13, 09:25 AM
pakeeno
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGS
Yeah, I think we should alternate week-to-week. Maybe one week, NELOC meets at the Chic Fil A meet in Sterling....and then the next week NELOCers meet in Maryland.

And a decent Maryland event where we can meet is the Landover meet at Capital One Boulevard shopping center (right next to FedEx Field). This is an existing car meet on Friday nights from about 6pm to 11pm, lots of old school cars and such (mostly American-made classic cars). But there's always a strong Vette contention, and lots of other modern vehicles as well (mostly American). But it's laidback, and everyone's pretty cool. You see an occasional modded Japanese or German car.

You rarely see Lexuses there, so we'd definitely stand-out as a group. And it's easy access off I95. They have permits, so they never get kicked out of the shopping center. Again, it's an older crowd, but it's a good location, vintage cars (we should know our history! LOL), and it's pretty laidback.

I don't know if they've started yet,....but by June, they'll probably be there almost every week, weather permitting. Just a thought, on the Maryland side.
Alternating sounds good but not every friday. like once every two weeks each or something
Old 05-14-13, 02:43 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Majority of those people in the pictures have moved on to other teams/clubs, from lack of leadership and maturity of neloc, good luck to you guys i hope everything works out for the best
Old 05-14-13, 02:46 PM
SOHKis
Pole Position

i'm in 2 of the pics & i'm still around..
Old 05-14-13, 02:51 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SOHKis
i'm in 2 of the pics & i'm still around..
thats good man, so is omar, i didnt say all i said most people.
Old 05-15-13, 07:40 AM
sr71b
Pole Position

i'm down for a weekly meet or bi weekly meet here and there. as far as attending shows and big meets it just depends since i am already with another team, that i've been with before i owned a lexus.
Old 05-17-13, 08:23 AM
JZCHAOS
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So are you one of the one's that have moved on?

Originally Posted by MDSC
Majority of those people in the pictures have moved on to other teams/clubs, from lack of leadership and maturity of neloc, good luck to you guys i hope everything works out for the best
Old 05-20-13, 07:23 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JZCHAOS
So are you one of the one's that have moved on?
Yes i'm one of those
Old 05-20-13, 08:41 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MDSC
I wouldn't say that.

Why don't you come to the meet and hash out whatever .. with the guys?

Come we all just get along please.

Whatever happened happened , it's the past now let's move on Andre
Old 05-20-13, 08:47 AM
SOHKis
Pole Position

yeah all this negativity really isn't helping anything
Old 05-21-13, 07:05 AM
BernieIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the things that has not been mentioned by anyone is that at NELOC's height and when we went to all the events and were invited to every event there was is that we were all more than casual friends. The core group of NELOCers would hangout with each other every week; sometimes several times each week. These events actually had very little to do with the cars. For example; we would do BBQs, Super Bowl parties, go karting, lunches, and happy hours. The majority of car events were actually little to do with cars as well. We would all attend but it was always more about hanging out with our friends than doing the car events.

The issues that NELOC is having is NOT because there are enough meets and get togethers. These issues are directly related to the following.

1. Facebook: when facebook started as a mainstream form of communication and NELOC opened their own page it started drawing people from the Forum.

2. Lack of organization: from what I have seen those that are organizing events are organizing what they want to do and when they want to do it rather than trying to make the event work for all that may want to attend. If you are looking for a large turnout on a Saturday for example and most people are only available on Sunday this is not going to work.

3. Events: The organizers of the events and meets are not familiar with the events that are worth going to and which ones are not. In addition there is usually not enough time for many of the members to plan for the major events that are key for the group. In addition, there was always a complete list of events available for all to see for the show season and an information and attendance thread when the time was appropriate. There are now attendance threads but quite often they do not get posted early enough.

4. Aftermath: As far as after the events that we would attend we would always put up a specific thread posting the pictures from it. We would do this religiously. This makes it easy to see what people may have missed or enables those that have attended the ability to post in the forum about what happened.

5. Cross Marketing: I am quite positive that the majority of NELOCers visit other forums and sites. One of the most important things that we ALWAYS did was include other forums and sites. For example: we always worked well with www.isfanatics.com and my.is. Each of these sites have actually turned out some of the clubs best members. This is crucial to growing the club. This enables those that are visitors to only these sites to spread the word about NELOC and maybe even come check out our subforum on ClubLexus.

As you guys can see I have quite a list here that shows some of the things that NELOC is missing. If there are any questions that need to be answered I am more than willing to help. I unfortunately do not live in Baltimore any longer but I would like to attend some events that make sense for me and my wife. As it stands now there is not enough going on to do so. I am more than willing to help where I can.

I will aways have a place for NELOC in my heart.
Old 05-22-13, 06:44 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
I wouldn't say that.

Why don't you come to the meet and hash out whatever .. with the guys?

Come we all just get along please.

Whatever happened happened , it's the past now let's move on Andre
Yes i would very much say so, look at those pictures and tell me how many of those people are still currently with neloc? 2-3? Im still cool with most neloc members and when we out at events together we talk.Like i said i'm not being negative just stating the facts, it is what it is. Its a new generation of people the old generation has moved on. I wish neloc good luck and hopefully they handle things differently from now on.