NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

NELOC Decals

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-13, 01:51 PM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've had my car for about 3 years now and have yet to be in ONE meet lol.... i tried to make it out to the last one you guys had but i couldnt get out of work ( too short notice ). i mean i know there are a couple of queens guys here that are around i wouldnt mind doing some cars and coffee thing lol
Old 04-17-13, 03:34 PM
phatjay
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leadership is upholding old traditions, including the 3 OFFICIAL meet requirement to receive decals. We all can agree that not everyone has all the time and money in the world to attend many meets, but I will bluntly say that I know many "members" out there don't even make the slightest effort to participate. This is the exact reason that NELOC fell apart the way it did. I'm glad to see that the March meet and greets were such successes, but we need to keep that spirit alive. Attending one meet and disappearing off the face of the earth does not count as being dedicated. So come on guys...get off your butts and show your faces! The club's fate depends on it!
Old 04-18-13, 04:59 PM
GilIS250
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lexatlast
GilIs250, I understand where you're coming from, wanting to be a part of the collective and not being able to get out to meets due to scheduling concerns and the like. I was/still am in the same boat for most of the larger official events. But there is an answer to this that allows you to meet the three meet rule.

I would like to clear up the difference between official and unofficial meets though for everyone, because I believe new members have a preconceived notion that an official meet is one that is set up by OGs or current moderators and the like.

Firstly, IMO unofficial meets are when a bunch of people (from 2 to 20+) call and text each other and say, "hey lets all meet at dunkin tonight" or something to that effect. Regardless of who shows up, be it OGs to NELOC, some ppl, randoms and more, how awesome it is, etc, it is not an official meet because it was not hosted here in the forum and open to all NELOC members with the meet intent being a meeting of NELOC minds and meeting the people behind the usernames.

Second, if you can't make the meets that are put together or feel that your area lacks activity, SET UP AN OFFICIAL MEET for your area! Be the change you wish to see. PM your regional head and tell them you'd like to set up something on such and such day and time. Ask them to promote it and officialize its status (for sticker purposes/ RHead will probably want to make sure it is well organized and that the activity not slight/taint the name of NELOC, example being a meet at a stripclub etc). See if that regional head can go (not necessary, but they can pull others to the meet as well). Actively promote it in the forums and amongst your friends. It doesn't have to be a Lexus only event, but it should try to rope in as many NELOC individuals as can make it. Everyone needs to be involved in nurturing this group, from new owners to veterans. When I couldn't make weekend meets (worked at a restaurant) I started setting up Thursday meets at Rutgers and we used to get a great showing for those (key things to entice folk: Good food, good spot for photoshoot, backup areas and plans for bad weather, etc).

NELOC is meant to be a group with a family dynamic, friends who communicate and help each other out. The name implies you are family, that you put forth the effort to be part of the group, not a literal representation through sticker that thou art a lexus owner who lives in the northeast.

In conclusion, make your own meet! You may be surprised how many other people here in NELOC have the same problems and concerns scheduling wise as you and want to meet fellow enthusiasts!
Thanks for clarifying the whole official/unofficial meets subject. Again, regardless of authenticity or whatnot, I don't see people doing meets here. There used to be a Thursday night meet somewhere in the BX a while back... that died... I would gladly try to get a few guys together and see how that goes...

Originally Posted by phatjay
Leadership is upholding old traditions, including the 3 OFFICIAL meet requirement to receive decals. We all can agree that not everyone has all the time and money in the world to attend many meets, but I will bluntly say that I know many "members" out there don't even make the slightest effort to participate. This is the exact reason that NELOC fell apart the way it did. I'm glad to see that the March meet and greets were such successes, but we need to keep that spirit alive. Attending one meet and disappearing off the face of the earth does not count as being dedicated. So come on guys...get off your butts and show your faces! The club's fate depends on it!
If what has been discussed in this thread by me and a few others it is not initiative to actually start something... then we are failing collectively. Like I said above... whom ever wants to meet with my friends more than glad to welcome them here in the BX... I honestly think I'm the only active BX member here...
Old 04-19-13, 06:59 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Apex84
Sorry Gil but you must earn your strips. 3 meets isn't asking much if you truly want to be associated with this group. We do not require annual dues nor do we make members pay for decals. Those of us senior members pay for them out of our own pockets. Attend meets when you can and look to get to know other enthusiasts. We don't want our decals/name becoming novelty item like a Fatlace sticker.

I hope everyone get the full understanding of what the requirements are by now - we are trying to keep it exclusive and not water down.

It is cool if you can't make in to the events as we all know and understand life can be hectic at times. Once your stripes are earned the reward will be there.

Gil I know you were very close in making it to the last event. Whenever you can roll out we will be here - no sweat.

On a side note there is a possibility of CL decals being distributed at our upcoming event in the future. Yes, I know there are talks about CL decals is a no no & what not, but this is coming from the top. No other info will be stated on this until the time has come to give them out at our event.

One Love...

Mark

Last edited by lowKut; 04-20-13 at 05:50 AM.
Old 04-20-13, 02:54 AM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I still haven't received my stickies! I want my +10 hp haha
Old 04-20-13, 07:41 AM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleRay
I still haven't received my stickies! I want my +10 hp haha
LOL - NELOC decals do not distribute imaginary HP gain, but a nice touch of class.

See me at the next meet i have a few left over.