NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Just bought a Lexus!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-13, 10:40 AM
SlickGS4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a Lexus!!

After months of searching I finally found a Lexus that I will enjoy. After reading all of your post and reading the reviews I decided to purchase a Lexus GS430 .

I plan to modify the car in the next few months. After looking at many of your cars on the forum I'm definitely ready to start modifying. If anyone has any suggestions on things I could do, or places that I could go to in the DMV area, or if your good with Lexus yourself let me know I would love to meet up.

P.s- If your selling any items for the GS please let me know such as wheels, headlights, yellow fog lights, Junction Produce, Tables, anything
Attached Thumbnails Just bought a Lexus!!-photo-3-.jpg  

Last edited by SlickGS4; 01-26-13 at 10:44 AM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 01-26-13, 10:47 AM
SlickGS4
Driver School Candidate

Default Interior Shot

Just a shot of the interior
Attached Thumbnails Just bought a Lexus!!-photo-4-.jpg  
Old 01-26-13, 02:21 PM
Li Ls4
Lexus Champion

congrats on the new car. imo first mod u should do is lower it and 2nd get some nice fitting wheels
Old 01-26-13, 02:50 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome and yes do what he said ^ ^ ^
Old 01-26-13, 02:54 PM
Cartune
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratz! black on black gs430, rare! First mod, replace ball joints if they are worn out. Maintenance> mods. What projector is that?
Old 01-28-13, 05:45 AM
chubz
Lead Lap

conrats one the buy! throw some nice tints on it also. u wont regret it come summer time lol
Old 01-30-13, 04:26 PM
SlickGS4
Driver School Candidate

So I just got a chance to look over the car and I noticed a few issues. If anyone is local (DMV) that can help tackle these three issues below let me know or PM me. I want to have this car ready in the next 2 months.

-Need to wire the aftermarket headlights for the car. Currently they do not come on when turned on. It is not the bulb as they came on when I wired them to the battery.

-Scanned the car and received code P0128. Not sure if this is attributed to it but when the heat is on, nothing comes out the front main vents, only the window and windshield vents blow air on.

-The car runs fine but I hear the belt after I turn on the car. Need someone to look over the car mechanically and tell me what needs to be done to prevent future problems.
Old 01-30-13, 05:27 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Congrats on the buy!

I am trying to catch up with the maintenance on my Lex as well. Just got the timing belt stuff done. Ignition stuff in the coming weeks.

If you live near Cheverly/ Landover area, I can give you the address to the shop I take my SC to. Dealer wants an arm and a leg, possibly my ***** too. The shop, they know their stuff.
Old 01-30-13, 06:04 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh my,, wow,,, You can tell I have been around a LOONNGGG time when I start to THINK I recognize former members cars; tho I am not sure for certain. Anyways, nice find and once you get the mechanicals right, you will enjoy. What area are you in, and where was the car purchased? Welcome to the group as well.
Old 01-30-13, 06:06 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

looks like the car has been modded already. are those halos in the headlights?
Old 01-30-13, 06:12 PM
SlickGS4
Driver School Candidate

@TheAzn I live about 5 minutes from Cleverly I live off Route 202 in Upper Marlboro. If you live in the area maybe one day I could check out the SC.

@Trukn1 The owner I believed lived in Baltimore. I bought the car from an auction in Upper Marlboro last weekend. So glad it snowed the day before, hardly no one bidded :-)

Is anyone in the DMV area that is skilled to help with any of the issues above
Old 01-31-13, 04:42 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

I live in the area. I'm not familiar with GS's so I wouldn't be able to help much on the headlight wiring or the enginecode right off the top. But the belt should be a simple fix, it can either be the belt or just the tensioner.

There's a thread in this forum started by sr71b (ithink). Hopefully we get a Lexus meet going for everyone in the DMV. I have another meet that I go to via ToyotaNation, but its not until end of May I think.
Old 02-02-13, 02:10 PM
LexTech94
Driver School Candidate

The P0128 could be as simple as a bad thermostat. I'm a tech a Lexus dealer here in MD. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 02-02-13, 05:36 PM
SlickGS4
Driver School Candidate

I was reading on the forum saying the same thing. I have noticed that when the heat is on no heat comes from the main vents. Lextech do you do side work?
Old 02-03-13, 07:10 AM
LexTech94
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SlickGS4
I was reading on the forum saying the same thing. I have noticed that when the heat is on no heat comes from the main vents. Lextech do you do side work?
PM sent to you SlickGS4

Quick Reply: Just bought a Lexus!!