NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

NELOC 2013 Redemption

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-13, 09:51 PM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really late to the party but I added my piece on FB. It can be done! VIVA LE REVOLUTION!
Old 01-31-13, 08:43 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What we really need is for ppl to post more on the forums and less on Fb. Not alot of ppl have fb believe it or not. That is the only way the NELOC section will have more posts and information. I know most of us have a fb account and its alot easier to log in on fb via phone but we need to steer ppl back to the forums. Alot of the new guys would rather introduce themselves in the fb group than rather making a new thread in the NELOC section here.
Old 01-31-13, 01:08 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

I think we should create a groupme account which let's us all text each other, this way we can all communicate regarding the regular wednesday meets, and other events.
Old 01-31-13, 02:09 PM
Li Ls4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tjmhillz
What we really need is for ppl to post more on the forums and less on Fb. Not alot of ppl have fb believe it or not. That is the only way the NELOC section will have more posts and information. I know most of us have a fb account and its alot easier to log in on fb via phone but we need to steer ppl back to the forums. Alot of the new guys would rather introduce themselves in the fb group than rather making a new thread in the NELOC section here.
100% agreed
Old 01-31-13, 07:32 PM
puff
Lexus Test Driver

I myself am looking forward to making a contribution to the NELOC community. Later on this year I will attempt to organize a meet in the Bronx area. My past attempts have failed but I will give it another shot.
Old 02-06-13, 07:05 AM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by puff
I myself am looking forward to making a contribution to the NELOC community. Later on this year I will attempt to organize a meet in the Bronx area. My past attempts have failed but I will give it another shot.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

MARK
Old 02-06-13, 09:58 AM
BIG TY
Advanced

I'm really happy to see such positive outlook in rebuilding Neloc to bigger and better things. See you all at the next meet.
Old 02-20-13, 10:09 AM
SOHKis
Pole Position

glad to see interest in building things back up again..

if you build it, they will come!
Old 03-06-13, 01:33 PM
ReeM
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As i said on the forum...

See...there are a ton of car meets in new york. After i lost my black gs i was always driving around in my brothers car (green Acura Legend Type 2, yes its 6 speed) and Ive been to so many meets its not even funny. More than i imagined in new york. I think we need to go to other car meets and rep our name so we can get our fanbase up a little bit more. We are known but we arent really known. We always try to have these car meets among ourselves but its not turning out very well and thats whats killing it. So i feel like we should attend more outside meets and rep hard. but still have the same amount of meets we have among eachother (meet & greets, food meets, bbqs, major events like springfest) and the amount of lexus ive seen at the outside meets are unbelievable. I give out the neloc business cards but the thing is 1. I wasnt in a lexus and 2. I was the only one there. So lets get a move on it.
Old 03-06-13, 01:38 PM
ReeM
Lead Lap

There have been about 7 meets in new york that have passed already with all over 100 people. Its not always going to be a lexus meet but for us to continue to be who we are we need to get out there. let the decals be seen. Park together at outside meets, let them see who we are then people will be interested. Then other prople will want to roll with us and then it will move on from there. People arent going to know who we are if we only have meets among ourselves. I am active on here as well but I just dont chat as much. I will post meets as they come.

We do need some more moderators. I volunteer if the offer is there.
Old 03-06-13, 02:28 PM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

^^^agreed. I went to two meets this past Saturday. Could have gone to three but there wasn't enough time so I had to choose. I don't post the meets here because when I do, I don't get any type of feedback.
Old 03-06-13, 07:57 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jat0223
Could have gone to three but there wasn't enough time so I had to choose. I don't post the meets here because when I do, I don't get any type of feedback.
Do continue to post other car meets in NELOC beside ours people will eventually have to come out

I posted last Saturday (3/2/2013) meet in Valley Stream, NY with absolutely no interest

I repeat

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm".
Old 03-08-13, 11:37 AM
ReeM
Lead Lap

I guess the only other thing is to rally up the New York guys. We all need to chill more, get acquainted and roll out. I dont mind. I can always use a extra set of hands on the NELOC Concept car. hahahaha.
Old 03-27-13, 10:23 PM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

So when's the next get together?
Old 03-27-13, 10:46 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ReeM
I guess the only other thing is to rally up the New York guys. We all need to chill more, get acquainted and roll out. I dont mind. I can always use a extra set of hands on the NELOC Concept car. hahahaha.
where the hell was you at for the meet and greet?

Quick Reply: NELOC 2013 Redemption