NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

moving to japan

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-12, 12:43 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sojah
thanks guys, and yeah tony i wish you could be the next owner, i have no doubt you would care for it well and keep it running till the wheels fell off

i can ship stuff from japan but remember the shipping is crazy expensive. i'm trying to get some folks on board so i can send in bulk since this is a lot cheaper. once i get out there and re-familiarize myself with all the vip car shops and tuner shops i will see what sort of parts they have that would be beneficial to ship. but the yen rate is not very friendly for the dollar at the moment. its like 80 yen to a dollar right now which sucks monkey ***** in my opinion. at least its not 70 to 1 though.
please let me know when you touch down, i need some parts. Sorry to see you leave.
Old 07-02-12, 02:59 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just picked up my new car out here in japan. it took a week for it to be ready. japan is funny like that, but they sure did fix everything i asked for, detailed it inside and out, and delivered as promised, so bigups to my new vip car friend at Garcia's. he told me about the local vip meets when and where, but i don't speak much japanese at all and i'm sure my wife would absolutely love to translate all night

more to come. sub & amp on the way, wheels on the way, air susp cups to be ordered soon.

so far i just had them install the 3k hid fogs and lower it some more.

and yeah i guess i know its not an ls430 but i don't believe we have a crown section on CL yet

btw i love this car. the stock stereo is pretty damn good and reminds me of the nakamichi in my old gs400 but a little better and tighter. even though this crown athlete is only a 3.0 v6 ( i was a little worried going from the 4.3 v8, it still has 6 gears and has some very torque-y low end acceleration to it.)
Old 07-04-12, 10:25 AM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow congrats on the successful move and the awesome new car! It looks so sick! Cant wait to see what you have in store for it,
The crown is a beautiful car...Ive always wanted to import one to the US. I wish they sold them here!
Old 07-06-12, 06:04 PM
benbuilt4u
Lead Lap

congrats bronson cant wait to see it all done up!
Old 07-07-12, 08:57 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

God, the Toyota Crown is an absolutely gorgeous car and I know for a fact would DEF help Toyota boost their sales numbers here. I have always wanted one; just wished that they sold them here. Congrads Bronson!!!
Old 07-07-12, 10:30 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats. I always loved the Toyota Crowns
Old 07-07-12, 01:03 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

car looks nice! how are the roads in japan!
Old 07-07-12, 05:19 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

thanks everybody. i've always wondered why they don't sell it in the states also, but i don't know if it would be better to be a top toyota (replace the avalon) or to have it be a lexus. the top version of the crown (crown majesta) is up there with the LS 600 flagship and only a little less in price i believe, but not much.

the roads where i'm at are better than any of the dc and baltimore roads but one thing that really sucks is the amount of huge hills and driveways/transitions going from one road to another. since the driving speeds are so slow over here its not a hassle to other drivers if you all of the sudden have to creep up or down or into a side street or driveway but if i plan on lowering the car anymore i will deff have to consider other options. luckily for me i have some air suspension in the works so hopefully in about a month i will have my new wheels and my new air suspension on, then i plan on lowering another 1.5 inches at least.
Old 07-11-12, 07:46 AM
JZCHAOS
Intermediate

Congrats Bro!!!! Just sold My Sc... Rollin LS style now.... VIP coming... Let us know if u have find a good place to order stuff from.
Old 07-11-12, 09:10 PM
1cleen1JZ
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice crown. yup, the VIP scene there is sick. i lived there for about 8 months Kadena AFB and loved every day of it. get every bit of limited jdm parts as you can while you are there and make the best of your time. there is so much to do. i'm looking forward to seeing what you do to your Crown.
Old 07-23-12, 04:54 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Thanks man. I lived on kadena from 02-04 actually. Now i live next to maeda point in onna village (work on torii now) right on the ocean. We get million dollar ocean sunsets everynight from our 3 story home, its a bit different this time compared to the dorm room i lived in last time.
Old 07-23-12, 05:07 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

I cant wait till my boat shows up (hopefully still in one piece) next month.
Old 07-23-12, 05:14 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Saturday nights sunset was extra beautiful this time.
Old 07-23-12, 07:06 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

baller status... that house is sick
Old 07-23-12, 02:44 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Hey man i saw a pretty nice slight vip nissan president rimmed and kitted up with a liberty plate in the back window. It was pouring down rain so i didnt want to roll tje wondow down or ask him to also. It didnt look a hubdred percent like the normal styled liberty plates though. Is there any way to lnow if one of ur members os oit thos way?

Quick Reply: moving to japan