NELOC's New Leadership

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-11, 09:01 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NELOC's New Leadership

Hey NELOC,

It's no secret that the old leadership within our group has been lacking. There are several reasons for this such as moving to different coasts, work commitments, family, and just plain getting older. We still love this group very much and are constantly reflecting on past memories and shared times. As a result it is time for new leadership within NELOC. It hasn't gone unnoticed that newer younger members have stepped up in our place in an effort to keep NELOC alive, fresh, and fun. TJ (tjmhillz ) and Jimmy (phatjay) have been standouts for some time now by displaying a strong sense of enthusiasm and exsuberance for NELOC. They have consistanly organized meets (including a few to discuss new ideas/plans for NELOC), are very active on the forum and Facebook page, and very encouraging to new potential members, as well as have been actively recruiting.

For Ryan (BernieIS) and myself this has been something great to just sit back and watch as this is very similar to how things happened with us just a few short years ago. But now it's time for the new class of NELOC to take over and keep things new and fresh. It has been decided that TJ and Jimmy will now be the new leaders within NELOC and your go to guys for anything you need. Ryan and I will continue to lend support where ever we can to help them along with the rest of the group with what lies ahead, yet the decisions being made concerning NELOC will now fall to Jimmy and TJ.

Please join us in congratulating Jimmy and TJ
Old 12-12-11, 09:17 AM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

congrats fellas!!!

me, myself and I will also help much as I can from Northern Virginia Area
Old 12-12-11, 09:59 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds great, I know the feeling of getting old and moving on. I probably went to a total of 3 meets in 2011 and I'm not sure if it's going to change a whole lot in 2012. I hope to find an opportunity at some point to meet up.
Old 12-12-11, 10:56 AM
Rare1
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats guys! Hopefully I'll get a chance to come to a meet sometime soon. Although don't cross your fingers anyone. I think I said that this past year as well.
Old 12-12-11, 11:12 AM
Scarlet300
Lead Lap

As the Ghost formerly known as Scarlet. I want to say WELCOME to Jimmy & TJ! Great to see NELOC prosperity keeping on :-)
Old 12-12-11, 03:00 PM
SOHKis
Pole Position

congrats guys..!
Old 12-12-11, 03:05 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Great post and congrats fellas.

MARK
Old 12-12-11, 03:16 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome guys, and congrats,, can i just add that i despise facebook and would like to request that 'we' do more communicating actually on CL and not through FB

cuz i am on here a lot and this NELOC section has been pretty quiet in my opinion lately,,, seriously...
Old 12-12-11, 04:09 PM
FlavesLex
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats Gents, keep that enthusiasm going.
Old 12-12-11, 05:15 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

NELOC is in good hands, congrats guys !
Old 12-12-11, 07:03 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks guys/gals. I appreciate the warm welcome. Heres a little bit about myself.

I served in the military for 8yrs and did 1 tour in Iraq. Ive loved cars just about all my life. Ive owned 5 Nissan 240sx. Once i came home from Iraq i ended up selling my 240sx and picked up a stock IS300. Ive always loved these cars from when they first came out. I have owned this car for about 3yrs now. Once I bought the car i started doing alot of research on them and what I could do. I decided to turbo it. This car has been my pride and joy since day one. Im not the best mechanic but i know a decent amount. Im always willing to help other members out. So if you need help installing something or have any questions don't hesitate to ask me. If I don't know the answer i can always ask around for you.

I know its going to be a rough start with getting NELOC back on its feet. Jimmy and I are ready for this task and we have alot of good ideas brewing. We consider this a family instead of a car club. I look forward to meeting everybody at the NELOC meets and gatherings. I also want to take this time to say THANK YOU to the OG NELOC members who have paved the way and built an awesome platform to build from. You have no worries the torch has been pasted down to 2 dedicated members and will only strive to bring NELOC BACK.

Originally Posted by sojah
welcome guys, and congrats,, can i just add that i despise facebook and would like to request that 'we' do more communicating actually on CL and not through FB

cuz i am on here a lot and this NELOC section has been pretty quiet in my opinion lately,,, seriously...
I post on both the forums and facebook so no worries. I plan on getting everybody involved on the forum to bring it back. It has been pretty dead around here.
Old 12-12-11, 07:54 PM
phatjay
Lead Lap

I'd like to second everything TJ said. We both appreciate the warm welcome and support from everyone during this transition. We know things won't be easy being that this is our first year as new leaders, but we will try our very best to make sure it's an exciting season for everyone!

Now for my own brief introduction. I'm currently still in school with a major in Information Technology and I work part time as a Geek Squad agent for Best Buy (thrilling, I know). In the fall of 2008, I vowed to get my hands on a GGP 5 speed IS300 and began stockpiling a good amount of parts in my room, thinking that I'd find a base model to completely mod out. Little did I know that my luck would be so great, I ended up discovering an authentic L-Tuned GGP 5 speed for sale in Connecticut! I got my hands on it that following April, have been in love with it ever since, and have sold just about all the parts I bought beforehand and purchased even better ones! I intend to do a full Supra TT swap in a few years when the wallet permits, but I'm perfectly fine running NA for now

TJ and I have a lot of faith in this club making a strong comeback, but we can't do it alone. When we saw how inactive the club became, we knew we had to do something to stop it from completely dying out. We spoke about it and took things upon our own hands, holding local events such as our successful meets at Garden State Plaza Mall in NJ and Cedar Beach in PA, as well as our BBQ at Roosevelt Park in NJ. We took those successes as a gateway to bigger and better things. A few months passed, more ideas were exchanged, and we are where we are today and we hope the success continues for years to come. NELOC will be a force to be reckoned with!

Last edited by phatjay; 12-13-11 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-12-11, 07:55 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

good stuff, ill be out for the 2012 meets in a new car.
Old 12-12-11, 08:01 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We also had a successful turnout at our Cedar Beach Meet in Pa.
Old 12-12-11, 08:06 PM
phatjay
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tjmhillz
We also had a successful turnout at our Cedar Beach Meet in Pa.
How silly of me to not mention THAT one! This will be added in my edit haha

Quick Reply: NELOC's New Leadership