NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

MD state troopers super strict lately

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-11, 06:30 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MD state troopers super strict lately

in the last 2 days i've seen more state troopers pulling over any car that doesn't look stock than ever before.

i guess i should feel flattered because in almost 3 years i've never been pulled over in my LS430 until yesterday afternoon. the state trooper said do you know why i pulled you over, i said no, he said because your tint looks a little dark. i told him i had the rear and side privacy screens up and asked if i could put them down... after doing so the copper said "oh yeah that does make a difference", i asked if i could go and he said "no", and gave me an order of repair type ticket.

my tint is all of about 10% darker than the legal limit and is not very dark at all in my opinion especially since most other cars on the road have 25% tint like me... guess i just got unlucky.

then this AM i saw 2 more modified cars on the side of the road being pulled over, and was passing by in a modified LS460 and the cop immediately pulled out like he was going to come after us, but thankfully we dipped down an exit ramp before he could catch up...

i always thought MD was one of the coolest states because they never messed with us at all about these types of things.

MD must have hired a bunch of NOVA cop grads or something ; suck.....
Old 09-01-11, 01:56 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Considering half of the vehicles I see driving on Maryland highways are **** boxes, they shouldn't be messing with your car.

Honestly, every time I see a cop I quickly open my sunroof and roll down my windows with the quickness
Old 09-01-11, 02:07 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah,, i agree ^ ^ ^ and thank you i think...

my car now blends in more than any car i've owned and operated/modded in the last 13 years so it was a strange realization to even get pulled over for 'tint' yesterday...

my last car (gs400) was all white with 2% tint all the way around on chrome 20's so i expected the negative attention it garnered, this one not so much.
Old 09-02-11, 09:42 AM
Forte EXE
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I always thought MD has the most chill cops when it came to things like tint and exhaust etc. I've never seen a Lexus been pulled over around here yet though, althought I've had cops pull me over and just ask me about my car.
Old 09-02-11, 10:33 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

when i had va plates i couldn't even drive by a va cop in nova without getting pulled over, it was so ridiculous i eventually just sold the car... i had modded the car out of state and then moved back.
Old 09-03-11, 09:59 AM
breadbeat
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All cops are garbage in my opinion. Period. I dont need some taser toting nanny interrupting my travels to give me crap about how dark my tint is, or any other arbitrary "SAFTEY"reason for that matter. Anytime I see a cop behind me I turn off onto a side road a.s.a.p. and let them pass, and if I see a cop ahead of me I stay well behind them,,,,you know,,,,, for "SAFTEY" reasons.
I lived in an area for a while and it seemed like I was getting pulled over about once a month for some ridiculous reason or another.Now keep in mind that back then I was just driving an ordinary pick-up truck.And when I wasnt getting pulled over I could get off my exit on 270 and drive about a mile to where I lived and see at least one if not two people getting pulled over on any given night. In my opinion these excessive traffic stops and tickets are nothing more than intimidation tactics used by the police to make people more obedient and to rob you of your money. I would have more respect for them if they would just come up and stick a gun in my face and demand the cash like a real criminal instead of operating under the guise of "saftey". I have respect for the detectives that solve real crimes and also for the fire department and E.M.T. workers that save lives. But I dont have much use for a cop.
Old 09-04-11, 10:25 PM
rath
Driver School Candidate

that's funny I was just talking about how Maryland cops are pretty chill compared to VA.
Old 09-05-11, 12:06 AM
shizblam
Driver School Candidate

That tint is dangerous. You're better off being blinded by the sunlight.
Old 09-05-11, 09:46 AM
GLIDESUL
Lead Lap

I was pulled over like a month ago, the undercover cops said they pulled me over for my tint. But after searching my car thoroughly they let me go without a citation. I have 25% all over wit rear curtains except front windshield I left that fish bowl style for a little respect for the law. Around here they just want guns and drugs.
Old 09-05-11, 12:25 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GLIDESUL
I was pulled over like a month ago, the undercover cops said they pulled me over for my tint. But after searching my car thoroughly they let me go without a citation. I have 25% all over wit rear curtains except front windshield I left that fish bowl style for a little respect for the law. Around here they just want guns and drugs.

my best friend just rode the metro out from VA (end to end on the orange line) yesterday, and we joked about him getting randomly searched since he's a bearded large white guy with a old back pack... well he got randomly pulled out of line while waiting for the metro and searched,, they confiscated his water bottle full of homemade lemonade for some reason

he said there were muslim looking guys around him with beards and they didn't search any of them. the metro cops said it was for random 9/11 type security search procedures. now i'm not racist,, well i do think stereotypes can be hilarious,, but i don't recall any of the 9/11 bullshiz having any bearded scrubby hippy-ish looking white guys involved.

my point is that the cops claim it in the name of national security, but i'm sure they expected and wanted to find a bag of weed in his possession, which is just profiling... so why don't they search the bearded middle easterns¿,, no weed or drugs to be found there i guess.

Last edited by sojah; 09-05-11 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-05-11, 01:33 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why did they search your car, what probable cause did they have?? I don t drink or smoke nothing if you want to search my car you better have warrant! I'm not giving anyone permission to search my ****!

Originally Posted by GLIDESUL
Old 09-05-11, 03:13 PM
1GSLuVeR
Rookie

Originally Posted by lkapimp216
why did they search your car, what probable cause did they have?? I don t drink or smoke nothing if you want to search my car you better have warrant! I'm not giving anyone permission to search my ****!
I can definitely agree with that, these police officers take things too far sometimes. Especially when they notice a person does not know their rights. I would rather take the ticket than have a officer illegally search my car. Even though i have nothing to hide
Old 09-06-11, 07:13 PM
JZCHAOS
Intermediate

You must have been with Chris!!!

Originally Posted by sojah
in the last 2 days i've seen more state troopers pulling over any car that doesn't look stock than ever before.

i guess i should feel flattered because in almost 3 years i've never been pulled over in my LS430 until yesterday afternoon. the state trooper said do you know why i pulled you over, i said no, he said because your tint looks a little dark. i told him i had the rear and side privacy screens up and asked if i could put them down... after doing so the copper said "oh yeah that does make a difference", i asked if i could go and he said "no", and gave me an order of repair type ticket.

my tint is all of about 10% darker than the legal limit and is not very dark at all in my opinion especially since most other cars on the road have 25% tint like me... guess i just got unlucky.

then this AM i saw 2 more modified cars on the side of the road being pulled over, and was passing by in a modified LS460 and the cop immediately pulled out like he was going to come after us, but thankfully we dipped down an exit ramp before he could catch up...

i always thought MD was one of the coolest states because they never messed with us at all about these types of things.

MD must have hired a bunch of NOVA cop grads or something ; suck.....
Old 09-07-11, 08:22 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've only been pulled over once in the SC even with tint, a drop, and chrome euroline wheels. It's funny because I was on my way to a clients office and I was wearing my typical suit and tie. They must have thought I was the crips accountant or something. They let me go with a warning about my tint. This was in Alexandria, VA about a year and a half ago. I've never been pulled over since. Typically when I see a cruiser I just open the sunroof and windows to allow more light inside the vehicle.
Old 09-07-11, 08:43 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by breadbeat
All cops are garbage in my opinion. Period. I dont need some taser toting nanny interrupting my travels to give me crap about how dark my tint is, or any other arbitrary "SAFTEY"reason for that matter. Anytime I see a cop behind me I turn off onto a side road a.s.a.p. and let them pass, and if I see a cop ahead of me I stay well behind them,,,,you know,,,,, for "SAFTEY" reasons.
I lived in an area for a while and it seemed like I was getting pulled over about once a month for some ridiculous reason or another.Now keep in mind that back then I was just driving an ordinary pick-up truck.And when I wasnt getting pulled over I could get off my exit on 270 and drive about a mile to where I lived and see at least one if not two people getting pulled over on any given night. In my opinion these excessive traffic stops and tickets are nothing more than intimidation tactics used by the police to make people more obedient and to rob you of your money. I would have more respect for them if they would just come up and stick a gun in my face and demand the cash like a real criminal instead of operating under the guise of "saftey". I have respect for the detectives that solve real crimes and also for the fire department and E.M.T. workers that save lives. But I dont have much use for a cop.
you sir sound like a douchecanoe. hopefully one day you wont need these so called "taser toting nannies" when your in actual trouble.

Quick Reply: MD state troopers super strict lately