NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

MD state troopers super strict lately

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-11, 09:42 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
you sir sound like a douchecanoe. hopefully one day you wont need these so called "taser toting nannies" when your in actual trouble.
first of dont call people douches without knowing them. Second of all you dont even know his situation and his run ins with the police. For example being draged out of your own driveway by two pigs for setting fireworks in your own backyard on your birthday.
I have encountered a few run ins with cops myself, some good some bad but majority of them being unpleasant. Just like the OP i was pulled over in my sc when it was bone stock on chrome tts and tint for the same exact reason. I was coming home from a restaraunt with my wife when i was followed and stoped for so called "tint to dark " excuse. I had 35% tint with tan interior and red exterior so the tint was beraly visable. I'm 30 years old and own and operate my own buisness and as a matter of fact i was pulled over 300 feet from my buisness. After i was explained that i was pulled over for tint i was asked to provide licence and registration. Then i was questioned on where i was coming from and where i was going.I had two cops eye hawking my car inside asking me what was under my motorcycle jacket"motorcycle helmet" Then i was told i was taking the wrong road when i told them where i was going. After my licence and tags were run i was giving my stuff back and let go with no ciatation.
So my point is before you go calling people names, you should probably know their situation, like i do we are good friends and even though i wont agree with him 100% on statement that he made i understand why he feels the way he does.

Last edited by MDSC; 09-07-11 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-07-11, 10:02 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MDSC
first of dont call people douches without knowing them. Second of all you dont even know his situation and his run ins with the police. For example being draged out of your own driveway by two pigs for setting fireworks in your own backyard on your birthday.
I have encountered a few run ins with cops myself, some good some bad but majority of them being unpleasant. Just like the OP i was pulled over in my sc when it was bone stock on chrome tts and tint for the same exact reason. I was coming come from a restaraunt with my wife when i was followed and stoped for so called "tint to dark " excuse. I had 35% tint with tan interior and red exterior so the tint was beraly visable. I'm 30 years old and own and operate my own buisness and as a matter of fact i was pulled over 300 feet from my buisness. After i was explained that i was pulled over for tint i was asked to provide licence and registration. Then i was questioned on where i was coming from and where i was going.I had to cops eye hawking my car inside asking me what was under my motorcycle jacket"motorcycle helmet" Then i was told i was taking the wrong road when i told them where i was going. After my licence and tags were run i was giving my stuff back and let go with no ciatation.
So my point is before you go calling people names, you should probably know their situation, like i do we are good friends and even though i wont agree with him 100% on statement that he made i understand why he feels the way he does.

If you're going to chastise anyone, you should include your friend as well. Did you really expect all positive responses to opening up a post with 'All cops are garbage?' There are plenty of us here who are badge friendly so regardless of anything written after the first sentence, it going to taken a certain way (douchelike).

We agree to abide by the laws of whichever state that is issuing the license to drive. But yet we blame the cops for enforcing the laws we choose to ignore or be aware of. The title of this thread should be "MD Cops are doing their jobs more thoroughly"

You got stopped for having dark tint, so did he? How is the cop wrong for stopping you?

FYI, for those that have not read them, here is the link to MD's traffic laws.
http://mlis.state.md.us/

Licensed driver agrees to obey ALL traffic laws
Police Officer agrees to uphold and enforce ALL traffic laws.

Not that hard to figure out when the two will meet up.

If you can't afford the fines for your mods or driving behavior, then remove or stop them. Not that hard of a concept when you break it down.

To the gentlemen who 'know their rights' when it comes to searching your vehicle - please do some more research and enlighten yourselves in the correct manner. If you think the stop ends because you say no, you don't have probable cause, then you've watched the wrong movies.
Old 09-07-11, 10:39 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've refused searches before only to be sat on a curb in handcuffs for an hour while they wait for a k9 unit and then to be released about an hour and half after the ordeal began.
Old 09-07-11, 11:04 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sojah
i've refused searches before only to be sat on a curb in handcuffs for an hour while they wait for a k9 unit and then to be released about an hour and half after the ordeal began.
Exactly correct, that's whats supposed to happen. And all it takes is a 'hit' from the dog to establish probable cause.
Old 09-07-11, 11:49 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

first of dont call people douches without knowing them.
guess the same could be said for people stereotyping all cops

Just like the OP i was pulled over in my sc when it was bone stock on chrome tts and tint for the same exact reason.
so you were pulled over for tint and? your 35% is on the boarder line of being illegal. 9 times out of 10 when someone has tint on their car there is other stuff inside the car. im not stating every car with tint are bad people but coming from someone who knows plenty of cops, they typically always find things in cars with tint.

I'm 30 years old and own and operate my own buisness and as a matter of fact i was pulled over 300 feet from my buisness.
and? they should have let you go?

After i was explained that i was pulled over for tint i was asked to provide licence and registration.
is that typically not what your asked for when pulled over?

I had two cops eye hawking my car inside asking me what was under my motorcycle jacket"motorcycle helmet"
if something looks suspicious a cop is going to ask, its for their own safety. they have no idea who they are pulling over.

After my licence and tags were run i was giving my stuff back and let go with no ciatation.
so you checked out and you were free to go. i still fail to see the big deal here. you have tint on your car, you should know the risk of driving at night with tint on your car.

also im pretty sure theres 2 sides to every story. everyone always makes it out to seem the cops are the worst people in the world because they got stopped. just like you, they have a job to do also.
Old 09-07-11, 11:54 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
If you're going to chastise anyone, you should include your friend as well. Did you really expect all positive responses to opening up a post with 'All cops are garbage?' There are plenty of us here who are badge friendly so regardless of anything written after the first sentence, it going to taken a certain way (douchelike).

We agree to abide by the laws of whichever state that is issuing the license to drive. But yet we blame the cops for enforcing the laws we choose to ignore or be aware of. The title of this thread should be "MD Cops are doing their jobs more thoroughly"

You got stopped for having dark tint, so did he? How is the cop wrong for stopping you?

FYI, for those that have not read them, here is the link to MD's traffic laws.
http://mlis.state.md.us/

Licensed driver agrees to obey ALL traffic laws
Police Officer agrees to uphold and enforce ALL traffic laws.

Not that hard to figure out when the two will meet up.

If you can't afford the fines for your mods or driving behavior, then remove or stop them. Not that hard of a concept when you break it down.

To the gentlemen who 'know their rights' when it comes to searching your vehicle - please do some more research and enlighten yourselves in the correct manner. If you think the stop ends because you say no, you don't have probable cause, then you've watched the wrong movies.
one problem i have with cops actually a few and i will describe below.
I have a few mont.county,pg county friends and know a few in that circle and this what pisses me off. The reason i said i know so i dont want to hear people like you say "you dont know what you talking about becasue.......a,b.c"
cops vs regular people
cops can speed and exceed speed limit by 30+ mph at all times for no reason and sometime beat on their cars just because its funny, regular people cannot.
Cops can have tint on their cars they say its because of k9 units but this is not true.
Cops"not all but many" can go to the bar and have a few drinks to say the least and drive home or a friends house....this is also of course not ok for other people to do. I've hung out with them before, many different circles of different countys and majority drinks and drives.
I learn to deal with it beacuse the law is above a regular citizen its just the way it is. IF the cop has caught you speeding a ticket like "speed greater then reasonable" majority of the time you will loose in court because cop is his own witness and they dont need any even though you were going 60mph he can say you looked like you were doing 90mph and he just felt like stoping you. IN my case i work around a drug neighboorhood, i had chrome wheels and my car was clean. Do i belive i got stoped because they thought i was someone i wasnt? YES absolutly...my cop friends also agree to this after i told them the story and as a matter fact didnt even realize my windows were tinted. After all i drove the car like that for 4+ years and 60k miles been pulled over a few times and never been a problem before.
Im one of the people that thinks theres bad cops and good cops but in general the ones that are bad abuse their power and its a sick feeling when you cant do anything about the situation even though you know youre right because you know when it comes down to it you will loose.
Old 09-07-11, 11:57 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

guess the same could be said for people stereotyping all cops

so you were pulled over for tint and? your 35% is on the boarder line of being illegal. 9 times out of 10 when someone has tint on their car there is other stuff inside the car. im not stating every car with tint are bad people but coming from someone who knows plenty of cops, they typically always find things in cars with tint.

and? they should have let you go?

is that typically not what your asked for when pulled over?

if something looks suspicious a cop is going to ask, its for their own safety. they have no idea who they are pulling over.

so you checked out and you were free to go. i still fail to see the big deal here. you have tint on your car, you should know the risk of driving at night with tint on your car.

also im pretty sure theres 2 sides to every story. everyone always makes it out to seem the cops are the worst people in the world because they got stopped. just like you, they have a job to do also.
buddy so what you saying is 80% of people on this forum are criminals of some sort? or carrying illigal stuff... wow very bright
Old 09-07-11, 11:59 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

of course theres good and bad in anything you look at. so because theres a few bad cops, their all bad?

guess what, my boss get to do all kinds of things i dont get to do. if you want all those perks, become a cop and deal with the crap they deal with day in and day out, then maybe your appreciate everything a little bit more.
Old 09-07-11, 12:00 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

buddy so what you saying is 80% of people on this forum are criminals of some sort? or carrying illigal stuff... wow very bright
ha way to bold only the first part and not bother reading anything else. reading > you

maybe i should explain it a little simpler. cops will target cars with tint just like they will target cars with exhaust. its just a reason to pull you over to see what else you have and like i said the majority of the time it works. again im not saying everyone is a criminal but thats just a tactic that cops use.

Last edited by IXI187IXI; 09-07-11 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-07-11, 12:05 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

ha way to bold only the first part and not bother reading anything else. reading > you
i can bold the rest of it and its still the same meaning, most of the time when they find drugs/guns the windows are tinted.
Really? i didnt know drug dealers like to put chrome rims and tint on their cars. So basicaly i learned a lesson, dont tint your windows and put chrome wheels on your car because you will be labeled as a drug dealer and pulled over and checked. Thanks officer, it was nice to know!
Old 09-07-11, 12:09 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

relax fellas, getting hostile is going to prove what?
Old 09-07-11, 12:19 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

i can bold the rest of it and its still the same meaning, most of the time when they find drugs/guns the windows are tinted.
Really? i didnt know drug dealers like to put chrome rims and tint on their cars. So basicaly i learned a lesson, dont tint your windows and put chrome wheels on your car because you will be labeled as a drug dealer and pulled over and checked. Thanks officer, it was nice to know!
did i say it made you a drug dealer? maybe you shouldnt assume. it can lead to other things like maybe that person has a warrant out for their arrest. maybe that person had a couple more beers to drink, etc... the point im making is tint is just another reason to be pulled over just like having an exhaust is another reason. where did i say you shouldnt put chrome wheels on your car? i think you like to take things way out of context.

maybe try looking at things from both sides instead of one because you got picked on for tint.
Old 09-07-11, 12:25 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

one problem i have with cops actually a few and i will describe below.
I have a few mont.county,pg county friends and know a few in that circle and this what pisses me off. The reason i said i know so i dont want to hear people like you say "you dont know what you talking about becasue.......a,b.c"
cops vs regular people
cops can speed and exceed speed limit by 30+ mph at all times for no reason and sometime beat on their cars just because its funny, regular people cannot.
Cops can have tint on their cars they say its because of k9 units but this is not true.
Cops"not all but many" can go to the bar and have a few drinks to say the least and drive home or a friends house....this is also of course not ok for other people to do. I've hung out with them before, many different circles of different countys and majority drinks and drives.
I learn to deal with it beacuse the law is above a regular citizen its just the way it is. IF the cop has caught you speeding a ticket like "speed greater then reasonable" majority of the time you will loose in court because cop is his own witness and they dont need any even though you were going 60mph he can say you looked like you were doing 90mph and he just felt like stoping you. IN my case i work around a drug neighboorhood, i had chrome wheels and my car was clean. Do i belive i got stoped because they thought i was someone i wasnt? YES absolutly...my cop friends also agree to this after i told them the story and as a matter fact didnt even realize my windows were tinted. After all i drove the car like that for 4+ years and 60k miles been pulled over a few times and never been a problem before.
Im one of the people that thinks theres bad cops and good cops but in general the ones that are bad abuse their power and its a sick feeling when you cant do anything about the situation even though you know youre right because you know when it comes down to it you will loose.
The problem I have with what you're saying is that is sounds like a hater. You don't like cops because they have privileges?

You say you're a business owner correct? Then aren't there perks that come with your position? Getting to leave early, making more money than anyone else at your job, setting the rules, etc.

A cop driving drunk most times will not avoid an arrest if one is warranted. Is a cop going to give a colleague the benefit of the doubt? Yes, it's a fact of life. Deal with it. If having a drink and driving is that important to you, then there are bigger concerns to deal with.

This cop speeding thing is just silly. How many times have you actually seen an officer doing 100 down the highway in your lifetime. Not enough to be an issue. But so what if he is. There are non-emergency calls as well to where an officer needs to get somewhere quickly that don't require lights and sirens. Why would I care about an officer doing a fly by and getting away from me that much faster?

If you're speeding and get ticketed then how can you lose in court? You've already lost by getting caught. You just want to escape the consequences.

Unmarked cars are tinted because they are unmarked. Not sure why that's an issue. Being able to see the lights in the windows would seemingly harm the undercover status is what I'm assuming.

You work in a drug area which typically has a higher crime rate. Drive a luxury car and have tinted windows but the cop should stop everyone in the area like it's Rodeo Drive? Asking you if there is anything under your jacket or helmet to protect his safety is wrong? I'm lost on this one?

Cops have a job to do, period. Some are good at it, some are bad. Just like any other job in this country. It's not like they are going away anytime soon. But lets be realistic and stop making every traffic stop to be some scene from Mississippi Burning and keep one foot grounded in reality.
Old 09-07-11, 01:27 PM
lkapimp216
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=To the gentlemen who 'know their rights' when it comes to searching your vehicle - please do some more research and enlighten yourselves in the correct manner. If you think the stop ends because you say no, you don't have probable cause, then you've watched the wrong movies.[/QUOTE]

I do know my rights so go ahead and get Rin Tin Tin cause your not searching my car!!!!.... I do have illegal tint and get sterotyped on a regular basis, I also do not drink, smoke, or carry illicit drugs so don t waste mine or your time, give me a repair order, or fine Ill be on my way. BTW Couple friends of mine are police I wont say what branch but they party harder than most!!
Old 09-07-11, 02:34 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when i was in the chAir Force in Okinawa and again in CO I know first hand how hard the cops partied or military cops at least. one of my friends/coworkers was complaining that he was getting his gun taken away after his 3rd dui he couldn't comprehend why they were taking his gun away ... but yeah i know that cops party hard and get away with a lot more than most too. but i guess those are some of the perks of the job.

some cops are chill and some are down right penises prolly just like the rest of society, they just get a bad label cuz of their positions in society i think. i do personally feel that in Fairfax county VA the cops have a different type of mentality than Anne Arundel county MD and it is pretty apparent that the FFX coppers are more prone to douchiness

my wife says since i've yet to actually need a cop for help and only see them as a negative cuz of various tickets i've gotten throughout life is why i feel the way i do about them. but don't get me wrong i have met some cool ones in the past and didn't even know they were cops till they told me...

to me the ffx coppers are like sharks waiting for little fishies to swim a little too close and then 'bamm' they got you and its time to pay your taxes. sorta like the mafia if i'm not mistaken

Quick Reply: MD state troopers super strict lately