Old 05-25-10, 09:42 AM
baddjonez
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Creates a Performance Registry

here is a clip from the Lexus Enthusiast

Lexus Performance Registry
Posted by krew on May 24th, 2010

Major news today! Next month, Lexus USA will be launching a worldwide Performance Registry on their website — but it’s been opened early for Lexus Enthusiast readers!

The registry will be an online resource that will let enthusiasts share information on their Lexus vehicles and connect with other owners — making it easy to tap into the collective knowledge that’s invaluable when you’re looking to customize your Lexus.

Once you sign up, you will be able to upload a photo and list the current mods on your Lexus, which is then “pinned” on a map so all other members can see your ride and get an idea of where you’re located. Registration is open to Lexus owners worldwide, and one other cool thing — although the focus is F-Sport models and accessories, any Lexus model is eligible.

From there, there’s all sorts of filtering available, including the ability to sort by club affiliation — which includes this website as an option! This means that any readers signing here will become part of the TLE club, and will be identified on the registry as a member. Other groups will include Club Lexus & My.IS. Very cool!

more stuff like this at http://rallyelexusservice.blogspot.com/

thats where i get alot of stuff
Old 05-25-10, 06:25 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Interesting news! Nice find.
Old 05-27-10, 08:50 AM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by baddjonez
you will be able to upload a photo and list the current mods on your Lexus, which is then “pinned” on a map so all other members can see your ride and get an idea of where you’re located.

This sure sounds like a good idea... thieves will love us....
Old 05-31-10, 04:58 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

This is great hopefully everyone gets on board, maybe the more people that register, the more Lexus will listen to what we as enthusiast are looking for such as TRD supercharger or other high performance parts for our IS Lexus. Perhaps Lexus will give the next gen IS more of sport edge to it and resolve some of draw backs such as better steering feel, and handling. Let the GS, LS and ES lines being their plush, soft sprung vehicle's what most people come to expect from Lexus and let IS truly be their sport line. If they want to compete with likes of next gen BMW 3 series, Audi, and Benz then they need to step up there game once again.
Old 06-04-10, 07:39 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Make sure to put your club affiliation. CLUB LEXUS is there!
Old 06-05-10, 04:04 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all i can think of is like you mentioned that lexus is primarily interested in the F lineup or new lex's that have F parts purchased and installed directly from Lex... i can't see them caring too much about our older used models with aftermarket parts.. most of the time they don't even recognize our cars as being tastefully modded or 'safely' modded. this to me sounds more like a way for them to look you up when you bring your car in for maintenance work to see if you have any mods that they can then void the warranty on so they don't have to perform free work...

not sure why i am so pessimistic about this, i just don't see lex caring about us, thats all. but thanks for the info, i will have to check it out.