NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Carlisle Monstrosity

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-10, 09:46 AM
BernieIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bhbiv
is it possible to do a just NELOC meet somewhere, possibly having/getting everyone together at a location??? or is it just too much of a scheduling conflict these days???
and my meaning of a meet is actually renting out space/parking anything of that sort? so its just us in a whole designated area, possibly w/ a restaurant next door or close(ish)...

back to the tread... OC would be awesome, i havent been out there since i was little!!!
Your idea is definitely possible. There are some issues with renting out space. The money spent on registering for Carlisle is the responsibility of each individual where collecting money and renting out a space would be the responsibility of one individual and there are always people that would not show up and want refunds or those that would show up and not pay. In addition the show used to be a good time. We can do meets any weekend but shows are not always available to attend.
Old 05-13-10, 10:19 AM
bhbiv
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BernieIS
Your idea is definitely possible. There are some issues with renting out space. The money spent on registering for Carlisle is the responsibility of each individual where collecting money and renting out a space would be the responsibility of one individual and there are always people that would not show up and want refunds or those that would show up and not pay. In addition the show used to be a good time. We can do meets any weekend but shows are not always available to attend.
yea i definitely see the downside in getting payments or keeping them for that matter. thats when the word "non-refundable" comes to mind. especially when its like 100(ish) ppl @ 20 a piece, and security (usually a off dudy county popo, that will usually work for 100 and free food) to collect from all those that just "show up", plus emailing people that are definitely IN tickets w/ ID#'s... just a thought, i dont know how much renting areas is up here, but down in GA where i came from nothing would usually be more than 1k.
Old 05-13-10, 11:16 AM
BernieIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am definitely up for setting anything up for the group. I will keep it in mind for next season. As we get more and more involvement we can do more than 1 big meet per season and that is want I am working on for the group now. I will keep you all posted.
Old 05-13-10, 12:30 PM
BRADSGS4
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to see this happened. Never liked it much myself and don't think I'll ever go there again. PA shows blow 9 out of 10 times. Always poor judging they don't care how funny the car looks they just pick the one with the most **** done. SORRY! This gave me a flashback of my days growing up.
Old 05-13-10, 01:27 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

a big neloc meet would be awesome