NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Carlisle Caravan 2010 (MD/VA/DC)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-10, 05:55 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking Carlisle Caravan 2010 (MD/VA/DC)

OK guys and gals its about that time. Carlisle is right around the corner, and its time to start organizing one of the best parts which is....yes thats right....the caravan.

There will be two caravans, one going up on Friday and the other early morning Saturday. Regardless of which caravan you choose there will be a caravan leader, as well as someone to keep up the rear. The pace will be set by the leader and the whom ever brings up the rear will Remember the point of a caravan is just that....the caravan. So lets drive up responsibly, safely, and not call unnecessary attention to ourselves. This is not a who has the fastest car contest. We are all responsible adults and though it is very tempting to have that heavy foot, lets do our best to stay safe, organized, and mindful of other drivers. Cops are going to be out in full force as usual so we dont want to give them a reason to hem us up.

For the friday crew, lets plan on meeting up at 10am at the park and ride right off of I-83 North. At this point the Friday caravan crew needs to decide if we want to get breakfast at IHOP like we did last year or head straight up to Carlisle from the park and ride. We must have a decision by May 6th-7th as it affects our departure and arrival time.

MEET SPOT AND DEPARTURE TIME
I-83N Exit 16B
Turn left off exit
Meet in commuter parking lot on right (Timonium light rail stop for those local)

For those going up Saturday, it is absolutely crucial that you leave on time. We must be in the fairgrounds by 10:00 AM. You will be meeting the rest of NELOC at the registration building located directly across from the fairgrounds by 9:00 AM to get your passes.

Carvan Route for both MD Caravans
Route -- I-695 to Baltimore to I-83 North. follow that to exit 41 (rt 581 west) and follow that to I-81 South. Take 81 south to exit 52 (rt 11 )SOUTH][turn right off of the exit]) and follow that to Carlisle.

Directions to Registration Bldg-

Follow the above directions to get to the Carlisle area. Use the following to get to the registration bldg.

1. RT 11 SOUTH to N. East Street, and Turn right(will see an Autozone on your left, and Gas
Station on your right). This street will turn into Clay Street.
2. Follow this road to the next stop light and turn right onto Carlisle Springs Road (RT 34)
3. Follow this to K Street and Turn Left onto K street.
4. Registration building will be on your left b4 the traffic circle.

** You will have to go around the traffic circle and enter the parking lot on the back side of the bldg***

We are looking to meet here so that we can all roll in together as a group by no later than 9 am on Saturday morning. It is required that you check in at the registration bldg first before you will be admitted into the fairgrounds. There is a window sticker which you will be given to affix to the windshield of yor car which will identify you as a show participant.

Please post up for which day you're caravaning up. If you're going up on Friday also indicate whether or not you want to have breakfast at IHOP.

Caravan Rules Thread:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nel...a-caravan.html

***NOTE*** PLEASE FUEL UP PRIOR TO ARRIVING TO ANY CARAVAN MEETING SPOT. It can be a bit of a pain trying to get a bunch of cars in a gas station parking lot for 2-3 people having to fill up. We will be leaving the caravan meeting area to get on the road so get all gas and drinks and whatever prior to meeting everyone.

Friday Caravan Crew:
1. Smitty - IHOP
2. Mr. & Mrs. Habious - IHOP
3. ebb100z - IHOP

Friday Night

Saturday Caravan Crew:
1. Evoked
2. Sojah
3. Camelflage
4. Jae
5. Matt
6. Joowan
7. Sai

Last edited by Smitty; 05-06-10 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-26-10, 06:20 PM
IS729
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure who's caravan im going to be cruising with yet..... i might be meeting with the NOVA guys from ISF and rolling with them not sure yet
Old 04-27-10, 07:30 AM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Friday Caravan Crew:
1. Smitty - IHOP
2. Mr. & Mrs. Habious - IHOP
Old 05-02-10, 03:12 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Bump Getting closer to Carlisle.

-Smitty
Old 05-02-10, 09:21 PM
Evoked
Rookie

Im in for the Saturday caravan
Old 05-03-10, 09:02 AM
ebb100z
Lead Lap

Smitty, put me down to roll with your caravan on Friday morning. I also am up for IHOP. I just changed my hotel reservation to accommodate for me to arrive on Friday and checking out Sunday morning.

See you guys Friday morning.
Old 05-03-10, 09:16 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

List Updated.
Old 05-03-10, 09:35 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

myabe i just didn't see it but what is the meet up time for the sat morning caravan club ??
Old 05-03-10, 10:57 AM
Habious

Originally Posted by sojah
myabe i just didn't see it but what is the meet up time for the sat morning caravan club ??
CODA (Crack Of Dawn's....)
Old 05-03-10, 11:23 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sojah
I'm not sure what time we're trying to roll in on Saturday morning. Hopefully BernieIS or someone will chime in but last year Trukn1 had the time set for rollin at 9:30 I believe. One important thing to know is you have to go to the registration building to get your sticker for your car and all that so its important to get there early. Just remember that when you're thinking about time to leave for Saturday morning.

-Smitty
Old 05-03-10, 01:34 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ ^ ^ how long a drive is it to that registration bldg from ur house smitty? that will also help me to decide when to leave. if i don't get my damn sail boat this weekend (long story but i should have gotten it like 6 weeks ago by my count) i will be driving up to carlisle. if i get my damn sail boat i will be kickin it out on the bay with some red stripe. and by sail boat i mean this thing.... http://www.hobiecat.com/adventure-is..._num=13&res=hr
Old 05-03-10, 01:37 PM
IS729
Pole Position

idk if im trying to roll like 2.5+ hours with rain in the forecast on saturday
Old 05-06-10, 06:02 AM
Habious

Bump for...like...you know...tomorrow!
Old 05-06-10, 06:16 AM
camelflage
Pole Position

me, jae, matt, joowan, and sai will be leaving friday night from fairfax..
Old 05-06-10, 06:32 AM
ebb100z
Lead Lap

Its my Friday and tomorrow is officially the beginning of Carlisle for me!

See you guys tomorrow!

Quick Reply: Carlisle Caravan 2010 (MD/VA/DC)