NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

East Coast SNOWMAGEDON 2010!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-10, 04:57 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Default NYC get your shovels ready

Yep this time we're getting hit hard. According to Accuweather.com on Wed we shall see from 9 to 12 inches. Philly is getting hit again lol, so you guys in Philly will have to find space for all the snow Kinda sucks that its in the middle of the week, if we do get those digits then it will be impossible to park anywhere on Thursday, unless you have a SUV or not lowered.
Old 02-08-10, 05:47 AM
BernieIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We got 20 inches in Pittsburgh and are supposed to get another 10 on Tuesday. In addition it is supposed to snow from Tuesday through Sunday. Soon I will not even be able to find my car; let alone drive it.
Old 02-08-10, 06:38 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In Northern VA we got over 2ft from fri-sat. And we are expecting more on tues and wed.
Old 02-08-10, 06:42 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

We got anywhere from 20"-36" OF snow, depending on what area of the state you were in. My area got about 35 inches total. Weather channel is prediciting my area to get hit with another 18-24 inches with this storm coming. Snowmagedon is here!!!

Merging this thread with existing snow thread!!
Old 02-08-10, 07:01 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

One thing about 2 feet of snow in DC, the city's closed , so they can't waste our money !!
Old 02-08-10, 07:46 AM
BernieIS

Originally Posted by tromly
One thing about 2 feet of snow in DC, the city's closed , so they can't waste our money !!
They can too! Just for that comment they are gonna waste more!
Old 02-08-10, 07:49 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL! Potentially 60 inches of snow in MD.... LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL I have coworkers that would be buried alive.
Old 02-08-10, 08:07 AM
jonnyxboi
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who's ready for round 2 tomorrow?
Old 02-08-10, 08:46 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

well i am happy and pissed to be off work today... of course i am fortunate to have a good job right now but i am a little pissed,, check it. so i am an army contractor working on ft. meade. i called the inclement weather line and it says base is closed emergency personnel only right, well i stay at home, i check my company's email it basically says we are not paying you to sit your *** at home so either be at work or take 'paid time off' (vacation day). if i can't get to my office due to the office being closed i would think that my company would recognize this and try to come up with something better than "oh well, take a vacation day".. what is a better possible outcome for me??
Old 02-08-10, 08:56 AM
BernieIS

Originally Posted by sojah
well i am happy and pissed to be off work today... of course i am fortunate to have a good job right now but i am a little pissed,, check it. so i am an army contractor working on ft. meade. i called the inclement weather line and it says base is closed emergency personnel only right, well i stay at home, i check my company's email it basically says we are not paying you to sit your *** at home so either be at work or take 'paid time off' (vacation day). if i can't get to my office due to the office being closed i would think that my company would recognize this and try to come up with something better than "oh well, take a vacation day".. what is a better possible outcome for me??
I am not a lawyer but I am quite certain that they have to pay you because they closed. You are not choosing to not show up. I would look into that more closely if I were you.
Old 02-08-10, 07:10 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know I know I need a garage.....!

Last edited by trukn1; 02-08-10 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-08-10, 07:29 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah

Can't you charge an indirect charge code? Contractors have charge codes for this type of situation where you don't have to charge PTO. Our offices are closed today and tomorrow, and we're charging projects remotely. Unless you're working classified programs, making you take PTO is bull5hit...
Old 02-08-10, 08:51 PM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

Im sick of the snow...im sick of digging my car out

most of all its screwing with work...im a tech at a toyota dealer and i cant make any money if the dealer keeps closing due to weather and such....plus these damn recalls are killing me...

i just want it to be summer haha
Old 02-09-10, 07:12 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MrMark
Can't you charge an indirect charge code? Contractors have charge codes for this type of situation where you don't have to charge PTO. Our offices are closed today and tomorrow, and we're charging projects remotely. Unless you're working classified programs, making you take PTO is bull5hit...
something like that... lets just say i can't take my work home with me. which is usually all good, cept for when sitiations like this occur.
Old 02-09-10, 08:01 AM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Who's ready for round 2?

Quick Reply: East Coast SNOWMAGEDON 2010!!!