NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

NYC First Roundtable Meet - Reflections, comments, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-08, 05:29 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Exclamation NYC First Roundtable Meet - Reflections, comments, etc...

Will post shortly... [Reserved spot- i have to put the young ones to bed]

Once again I just want to thank everyone that came out today.

Feel free to go ahead and post.

Last edited by GSoup; 03-30-08 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-30-08, 05:30 PM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd like to thank GSoup for setting this up. A lot of headache goes into this I guess

Thank you!

P.S. - Thanks for helping me find my way. With out my navi, I'm like a rock in the ocean lol

Last edited by UncleRay; 03-30-08 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-30-08, 05:39 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome turnout man ! You inspire all of us and to all who spoke out today ! A big thanks to you all for your personal time and efforts to make what NELOC is today, a force to be reckoned with.
Old 03-30-08, 05:40 PM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think it was a great idea to set up such a meet. First it seemed like no one had anything to say and then bamm.... There was not enough time for everyone to speak. There are a lot of concerns, but overall this is the best crew out there. Thanks for setting this up.
Old 03-30-08, 05:42 PM
Sleeper97
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry I couldnt make it. I was planning on showing up but the Supra Dyno Meet ended overlapping the roundtable meet. Can someone post a list of key points made and solutions that you guys came up with, I would love to read and see the progress that was made.
Old 03-30-08, 05:43 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

it sucks that the actions of just a few can adjust the whole standing of the crew as a whole. there may be problems within the crew, but there is no need to make a quarrel between 2 or 3 people deter the rest. There are many people in NELOC always willing to give a helping hand, i know that from many first hand experiences. Keep it up guys.
Old 03-30-08, 06:01 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry I missed this one as well, promised the kids to take them to see Horton hears a who.

I look forward to the next meet.
Old 03-30-08, 06:05 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by excluesive
it sucks that the actions of just a few can adjust the whole standing of the crew as a whole. there may be problems within the crew, but there is no need to make a quarrel between 2 or 3 people deter the rest. There are many people in NELOC always willing to give a helping hand, i know that from many first hand experiences. Keep it up guys.
Alot of the quarrelling is related to he said, she said. May I suggest some sort of arbitration in the event quarrels do take place?
Old 03-30-08, 06:08 PM
Sexy_Lexy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great turnout, thanks for setting up this meet Soup. We;ll definitely talk about droppin a turbo into my GS.
Old 03-30-08, 06:26 PM
eman88
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by D-MAN63
Awesome turnout man ! You inspire all of us and to all who spoke out today ! A big thanks to you all for your personal time and efforts to make what NELOC is today, a force to be reckoned with.
Ditto...Ditto...Definitely a step in the right direction...
Old 03-30-08, 06:37 PM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hope we can do this again soon. It was worth the trip. Got to meet some cool people including batmobile, truckn1, apex, papi, gsoup, sleeper2jz, derrick from d2 (great guy), lexgs , exclusive, d man and who ever else i forgot You nyc guys know how to hold it down. And also wanna thank tony (Truckn1) For the great experience on the turnpike bobbin and weavin in and out of the civics lol

Last edited by trukn1; 03-30-08 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-30-08, 06:46 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by aliga
Alot of the quarrelling is related to he said, she said. May I suggest some sort of arbitration in the event quarrels do take place?
i think the problems that WILL occur will be dealt with the right way (hopefully people learn from the mistakes of others), its the problems that have occured ALREADY are the things holding NELOC back. While I have no clue what these quarrels were, its so obvious that things that happened way back when are still holding the progress back.

Originally Posted by phillygs3
hope we can do this again soon. It was worth the trip. Got to meet some cool people including batmobile, truckin1, apex, papi, gsoup, sleeper2jz, derrick from d2 (great guy), lexgs , exclusive, d man and who ever else i forgot You nyc guys know how to hold it down. And also wanna thank tony (Truckin1) For the great experience on the turnpike bobbin and weavin in and out of the civics lol
it was great meeting you too. the pics that you take don't do the car justice at all man! one of my fav silver gs's

oh yeah.. suggestion/comments...
if we have a meet at a park or any open area, hopefully someone can atleast bring a football/whatever, something easy for a pickup game or just chillin out throwin the pigskin around
Old 03-30-08, 07:06 PM
phillygs3

Originally Posted by excluesive
i think the problems that WILL occur will be dealt with the right way (hopefully people learn from the mistakes of others), its the problems that have occured ALREADY are the things holding NELOC back. While I have no clue what these quarrels were, its so obvious that things that happened way back when are still holding the progress back.

it was great meeting you too. the pics that you take don't do the car justice at all man! one of my fav silver gs's

oh yeah.. suggestion/comments...
if we have a meet at a park or any open area, hopefully someone can atleast bring a football/whatever, something easy for a pickup game or just chillin out throwin the pigskin around
Thanks bro pics came out great
Old 03-30-08, 07:16 PM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You forgot me philly!!!
Old 03-30-08, 07:20 PM
phillygs3

Originally Posted by GS400RcrX
You forgot me philly!!!
I knew i was forgetting someone my bad . Nice car man

Quick Reply: NYC First Roundtable Meet - Reflections, comments, etc...