NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Oh what a weekend!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-07, 05:56 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Oh what a weekend!!!

Ok,, I can finally post this publically, not that things are all over and done with. As most of you all know, I have had a secret meet planned for over 2 months to travel to Craigs'(GREED777) area as a surprise for him. Craig lives in the small town of Greensburg, Pa (located on the South East side of Pittsburgh for reference), and he is categorically the furthest NELOC member heading WEST. This guy, as well as his wife Kim(MRS GREED)think NOTHING of jumping in their car and traveling 3,4,5,6 hours just to attend any of our NELOC events, and I thought it would be a nice gesture to show them just how much we appreciate them for doing so. Anyway, a caravan to travel was planned, contacts were made (by way of various sources[pm, phone call, word of mouth, etc., just not open forum as it was to be a surprise]) , and those who felt compelled,, answered the call.

This caravan was open to any NELOC member who wanted to go, and I did get many responses. It was understood if some of you could not make the trip, as it is a long way to travel. It was amazing!!!! Beautiful scenery, open roads, plenty of highway, rolling hills, etc. The only disappointing part, was the surprise was ruined by way of a text message, early in the morning, expressing their sorrow in not being able to attend. Wasn't the fact that the message was sent, but the lack of communication/response with the organizers of this event(Mrs. Greed, myself) after several attempts to contact, for well over a month, thru various methods. Anyway, the caravan from MD consisted of (final attendence list) Smitty, KevinGS, Greenvy2K, and myself. Yes, the mothership (LS) did hit the road for this one, as I really did not want to miss this one. I would like to take this time to greatfully acknowledge the following members from the NY area. G-SOUP, SASH, and SPYDER78. You guys are phoenominal. Others who also made the effort to go,however was not able to due to circumstances beyond their control, the thought of you guys going is heartfelt and much appreciated. I really want to thank you guys soo much for the effort you all put forth to try to come out. Soup, I am really sorry for what happened with you on the way there(blew a tire), and Spyder, I know luck could not have gotten any worse. Glad things turned out OK for you (eventually). Sash, good call on turning around and going back,, bad luck seems to travel in 3's.

Everyone whom we encountered was soo nice. I was an absolut pleasure to have met Craigs' mom and her friend; as well as Kim's mom and dad (2 of the coolest people I have encounterd in a long time). Very welcoming people, was very excited to meet all of us after hearing about us for such a long time, and very personable, straight forward folks. Mom made a pan of homemade lasagna (very good I might add) and Dad is truly a CAR GUY!!!! He LOVED seeing all the Lexus' in the driveway, even though he is an American Car guy(no fault here,, his Dodge Magnum was really pretty mean!!). They were the type of people to give the shirts off their backs, and we have been invited to DEFINATELY come back and not only visit, but to have a get together with them as well. Trust me,, you guys will love them!!!

Caravaning thru some of the back roads in the surrounding area, over the rolling hills with nice turns and twisties,,absolutely gorgeous. We had people stopping to let us thru stop signs as a group, while admiring the cars; and NEWS FLASH!!!!! EVEN MRS GREED pulled out her White 2ES to join the caravan. This definately will not be my last trip to this area!!!

Unfortunately, I could not find my camera to take with me, however there are like a ton of pics being processed by SMITTY, GREENVY2K, GREED777, and KEVINGS. These will be processed very soon and posted so stay tuned.

Cost of running the mothership to Pittsburgh area and back - $90
Cost of stretching the arm of Johnny Law & giving him carpal tunnel - $107.50
(for those of you who know me,,,, Yes I got a ticket in the mothership. Imagine that!!!!!)
Cost of Running with my NELOC family and paying homage to a dedicated member- PRICELESS!!!!

Last edited by trukn1; 10-08-07 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-07-07, 06:10 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a ball. I love kickin it in PA. Greed and Mrs. Greed thanks for the hospitality. NY guys sorry you couldnt make it out but there will be next time. I'm glad everyone got home safe. Got lots of pics so 56K jump off a cliff.

-Smitty
Old 10-07-07, 06:13 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Kevin GS rollin up with new shoes

Conspirator

Rollin out
Old 10-07-07, 06:16 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Bentley lookin sexy

LS rollin up on me

Old 10-07-07, 06:18 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

NELOC Rollin into town

SURPRISE

NELOC Garage Wall of Fame

Thor

Last edited by Smitty; 10-07-07 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-07-07, 06:20 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

The Greeds

The Cake
Old 10-07-07, 06:21 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Old 10-07-07, 06:24 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Taking a nice afternoon drive in PA. Even the Mrs.Greed Mobile made it out

Old 10-07-07, 06:26 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

The man behind the web of lies and deception.
Old 10-07-07, 06:27 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Def good to see that you guys had a good time. Wish I could have made it. Kevin the new wheels are hot. They def fit the car well. Tony glad to see your plan went over without a hitch. NYC crew I heard about all the issues. I hope the car issues weren't to bad.
Old 10-07-07, 06:28 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Kickin it at the lake

Thats how they roll in PA

Old 10-07-07, 06:30 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

ES pics Gotta get Sash in there next time.

Old 10-07-07, 06:32 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Yes there are more pics

Friendly PA folks

Old 10-07-07, 06:34 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

KevinGS

Trukn1 and a Truck

Almost home

Old 10-07-07, 06:36 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Some sunset shots I took. Tryin to get my photo skillz up.

THE END

-Smitty

Quick Reply: Oh what a weekend!!!