NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Clear Bra installer in NJ/NY??

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-07, 06:36 PM
ry729
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Bra installer in NJ/NY??

Does anyone know of a good clear bra installer in New Jersey or New York? Any info / experiences / pricing would be useful. The dealer is trying to charge me 770 for ventureshield (front bumper, headlamps, front fenders, partial hood) and an extra 100 for front lip and under the door handles.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 02-05-07, 07:44 PM
iStyle
Driver

I'm interested as well. I was actually thinking of starting a similar thread.

Anyone know of any shops in the tri-state area? (specifically the Southern Westchester/Bronx Vicinity for me).
Old 02-05-07, 09:35 PM
nyquest
Driver School Candidate

i have the clear bra by 3m installed on my car.... in NY.... i have to find the business card so if anything just send me a private msga nd i will reply with evrything u need to kno about the installers
Old 02-06-07, 10:35 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iStyle
I'm interested as well. I was actually thinking of starting a similar thread.

Anyone know of any shops in the tri-state area? (specifically the Southern Westchester/Bronx Vicinity for me).
LoL, back to back posts recommending Lorenzo...i swear i dont work for the guy, just recommend his work. Anyways, www.lorenzotint.com Hes just south of the cross county in very northern bronx. He deals with several different clearbra films. You can have a custom one made or a precut kit put on. In the other thread about tint shop in NYC area, i posted a picture of a IS350 that was in there. He did tint on that, and a clearbra on the front.
Old 02-10-07, 01:24 PM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I had the new Ventureshield Clear bra installed. It was installed by someone who uses all the leading materials, 3M, Xpel, etc. The Venture is the only one that has a lifetime warranty. The top layer (clear) is very shiny and matches the OEM clear coat perfectly, better then the others.

The most important thing to make sure of is that the installer is very experienced. The IS has the highest/hardest install rating (5), which requires an installer with a lot of experience. If the Stealer uses a Lexus employee to install, I would recommend not using them. I was lucky to find an installer that has been doing this for long time and is great at it. Also, the Stealer will charge more.

I had the whole front end done including the headlights, fogs, fenders and spoiler. Also important is that the bra has as few pieces as possible. My whole front end is two pieces. I also had the mirrors, door handle wells, wheel well openings, rocker panels, gas door (below) and rear bumper. I had 24 inches up the hood, with a bikini cut. You can have the whole hood done if you would like.

I haven't taken any pictures because I'm still recovering from back surgery and I only wash my car myself and it's been in the 20s the past 3 weeks. As soon as the weather breaks I will get some good pics posted.

If anyone needs more info on my install please feel free to email me at ekoz@att.net.

Koz
Old 03-27-13, 02:22 PM
kl323
Pole Position

Bump

Looking mainly for the NYC area. Any new recommendations? I'm looking to call TintMax and Lorenzos. Any other shops that you guys can recommend?? Thanks!!
Old 03-27-13, 07:48 PM
SupraMan17
Intermediate

detailers domain in norwood, nj

detailing dynamics in long island

probably a few other places that do custom jobs....but those are the ones ive done business with. both do amazing work....
Old 03-27-13, 11:18 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're willing to drive, I do paint protection film as well but I do it out of Columbia, MD. From partials to full fronts to whole cars. Mostly working on the 6 figure cars, occasionally we get customers from PA, DE and NY who come drop the car off, stay at a friends or hotel for a night or even drive back home and come back at a later date to pick up. I am one of the highest recommended in the Mid-Atlantic area.