Mountain - Prairie For events in Colorado, Kansas, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming.

Good Car Wash Spot In/Near Denver

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-15, 10:42 AM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Good Car Wash Spot In/Near Denver

Hey Guys,

I recently moved to Denver (I live a few blocks from Coors Field) and I have been looking for a good place to get my car washed. Any good recommendations? Preferably a place that isn't going to swirl the hell out of my paint. Also, hand wash would be nice...no machine wash.
Old 07-20-15, 09:16 PM
MIC123321
Lead Lap

To avoid swirls, less hand wash is idea, unless you really need to. i recently move here 7-8 months now and the hand wash car washes here are very very poor, i haven't found a decent one yet... I normally do diamond sham rock touch less wash, it does a very good job with strong water pressure.
Old 07-25-15, 09:39 PM
Unsober1
Pole Position

The best car washes are the one you do yourself. No one is gonna love your car as much as you. There are many places that can get you by if you are looking for a quick rince off. But by looking at your signature, I wouldn't let anyone touch that car. Wash it at your house. And if you can't. Then bring two buckets with you and do it at the hand wash places. Just don't go during the busy times so you can take your time and do it right
Old 01-24-16, 09:44 PM
Spartan8
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I agree with a good home made hand wash but...

If you're in a pinch and don't have a lot of time, the Autawash at 7919 East Arapahoe Road (about 1/2 mile west of I-25, and it's actually on S. Syracuse Way - turn north off of Arapahoe) has an Early Bird special before 10 am.

For $5 they run it through the wash (yes, lots of spinning brushes) and includes hand dry of the glass. It does a decent job of getting all the dirt off the car, especially the lower doors and undercarriage, unlike other automated car washes I've used over the years. They open at 8 am and there's rarely a line during the week. I can get in and out in less than 10 minutes and never leave my car.

If I'm so inclined I'll leave the house with one or two wet chamois and dry the rest of the car. I wish I were more inclined. It's good bang for the buck and I love pulling into my office building parking lot with a slightly wet, shiny LS....at 8:15 am...

www.autawash.com
Old 02-19-17, 08:12 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 60 Posts

i think its called waterway not sure its been a few years
but when i lived out in vail and went to visit friends in denver i would usualy stop at waterway for a wash
Old 04-30-17, 06:07 PM
Oldmanb777
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

The ONLY way to wash a car, is to do it yourself. Soft water pressure, nice soft mit etc. However, if you don't mind scotch bright and high pressure water on your clear coat, The Shell gas stations with car wash facilities are offering a $90 yearly deal. You can drive through their car wash once a day for a year for $90. Remember, high pressure water made the Grand Canyon.
Old 04-30-17, 06:14 PM
Oldmanb777
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Something to consider when washing your car in a cold climate. Water gets in the body panels, make sure it has time to dry, thoroughly before it freezes again. If it freezes in the body panels, its just like pot holes. The freezing water expands, braking paint and sealants designed to keep rust out.
The following users liked this post:
GR3Y5H3ART (01-26-20)
Old 01-26-20, 12:37 PM
GR3Y5H3ART
Lead Lap

Received 102 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldmanb777
Something to consider when washing your car in a cold climate. Water gets in the body panels, make sure it has time to dry, thoroughly before it freezes again. If it freezes in the body panels, its just like pot holes. The freezing water expands, braking paint and sealants designed to keep rust out.
good tip

i know this Thread is a few years old but the landscape of Colorado has changed sooo much with our explosive growth

i agree with the other CL Members, washing it yourself is the only way to go, a newer car wash that has awesome hose pressure, always full fluids, and even a DIY dryer hose:

Autowash @ Stapleton Car Wash
5050 Central Park Blvd
Denver, CO 80238

i think they have monthly memberships if you don't want to wash yourself

if you do DIY, i recommend always skipping the brush....all it takes is one giant Truck that came from mudding to put tiny pebbles/rocks into the brush - aka: more harm than good

i usually skip the Brush and spend more time after drying on the Waxing/Express Shine